Author Topic: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)  (Read 12863 times)

Re: Jaylen and his Anti-Semitic Friends (split)
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2022, 10:29:18 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I just saw this -
https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/black-hebrew-israelites-descend-on-barclays-we-are-the-real-jews/

Yeah.  There are roughly 450 players in the NBA, and Brown is the only one who complimented that group.  And, he left the tweet up, without saying anything negative about the BHIs.

That's a lesson in how not to handle social media.  Brogdon and Grant Williams are both VPs in the player's association.  They managed not to step in it.

Hopefully, this is behind Jaylen.  The team doesn't need the distraction, nor does Brown as he seeks a spot on the All-NBA team.

Not only that, doubling down just made it so much worse. If he had deleted his tweet and posted another one to support Cryrie the whole thing is finished. But like Cryrie he decided to take an adversarial approach with the media, accusing them of misrepresenting his views with his mangos and oranges thing. There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom, I think JB's a very intelligent young man but might be lacking in wisdom a bit still. But those are things you learn through life experiences and hopefully this taught him that you can defend your friends, fulfill your role representing the players while still not getting involved in controversial things that take the focus away from that support.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2022, 04:45:59 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2022, 04:50:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://m.jpost.com/opinion/article-723328

Yeah, Farrakhan is the biggest spreader of this particular rhetoric.  He didn't plant this poisonous tree, but he has groomed it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I knew this was a thing but I never thought it was this big of a THING.  Makes me wonder. 

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2022, 11:11:03 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
As a Jewish person, I am awfully impressed by the amount of folks talking out about antisemitism on here. I am genuinely curious if more than half of the posters are Jewish themselves on here. An anonymous poll is probably a bad idea because if many were, probably it'd make this place a target of bigots.

« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2022, 03:38:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kanye-west-hitler-alex-jones-b2237179.html

Kanye has gone totally off the rails.  I don't understand what he is trying to prove.  It is almost like being in your face anti-woke is now a badge of honor.  That to resist woke'ism by saying Hitler wasn't all bad or that Jews are really some evil religious sect that is out to get Christians is somehow speaking truth against those that are trying to hold him down.

Seems absolutely crazy to me.  How does someone like him get so far out there.

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2022, 04:02:09 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kanye-west-hitler-alex-jones-b2237179.html

Kanye has gone totally off the rails.  I don't understand what he is trying to prove.  It is almost like being in your face anti-woke is now a badge of honor.  That to resist woke'ism by saying Hitler wasn't all bad or that Jews are really some evil religious sect that is out to get Christians is somehow speaking truth against those that are trying to hold him down.

It is crazy. The dude is mentally ill. I can’t get to upset about a guy like this because he’s THAT out there. People that aren’t “nuts”  but spread hate get to me more. But it really stinks he has so much influence.

« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2022, 04:06:20 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
As a Jewish person, I am awfully impressed by the amount of folks talking out about antisemitism on here. I am genuinely curious if more than half of the posters are Jewish themselves on here. An anonymous poll is probably a bad idea because if many were, probably it'd make this place a target of bigots.
Not Jewish myself, but that shouldn't stop folks from speaking up about things.

At this point I just feel bad for Kanye.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2022, 04:27:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

He's gotten addicted to being the talk of the town. Doesn't matter to him whether the publicity is good.

Mike

« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2022, 04:41:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
When you are doing an interview with Nick Fuentes and Alex Jones, and you look like the crazy one, you've got some real problems.  But mental illness, doesn't make you a racist anti-semitic a**hole either.  That is all on him and no one should feel sorry for him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2022, 06:45:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Hopefully Kanye’s outburst today serves to make kyrie want to really distance himself from these “interesting concepts” Kanye raised. Same for jaylen and Lebron.

« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2022, 07:46:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
When you are doing an interview with Nick Fuentes and Alex Jones, and you look like the crazy one, you've got some real problems.  But mental illness, doesn't make you a racist anti-semitic a**hole either.  That is all on him and no one should feel sorry for him.
Absolutely. I know plenty lovely, tolerant people with mental health concerns.

Kanye is just a neo-Nazi who happens to have them too.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2022, 12:15:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
JB interview with "Scoop" Robinson:

https://www.ballysports.com/national/news/jaylen-brown-discusses-his-all-star-status-jayson-tatum-and-lebron-on-jerry-jone

Thankfully, nothing about Kyrie.  He talked about the importance of the community, his 7uice brand, Lebron's comments about Jerry Jones (which JB appropriately side-stepped), and most importantly, how awesome the Celtics are.

One thing that stood out:

You grew up in Marietta, Georgia. You went to college at Cal and then got drafted by the Boston Celtics. That’s a move from the South, to the West and then the Northeast. What have you learned from being in the city of Boston?

Where do I start? I am learning a LOT, man. When I first got here I was like, a little intimidated and didn’t know a lot about Boston, and I had a lot of amazing families reach out to me — one family was the Wahlbergs. I was booed when I first got drafted here — a lot of people don’t talk about that — so when I first got here, you know, I didn’t feel welcomed. But it’s easy to look at the negativity and see the positivity that’s here in Boston. There’s a lot of great families, a lot of great people doing great work, and they’re here tonight at the annual gala and we’re celebrating that energy. Sometimes, the negative outweighs the positive in society, so we’re going to flip it: THE POSITIVE OUTWEIGHS THE NEGATIVE.

I know many fans wanted to go in different directions with that #3 pick, but were fans actually booing him?  Was it more than a handful at games?  I don't think I went to any games JB's rookie year, but if a young kid was getting booed, that's just stupid.  That first year experience could be why Brown is still liking posts on social media that mention the Boston fans in a negative manner.

I don't like booing the home team in general unless there's clear lack of effort, but that's especially true of rookies, and raw rookies at that.  Message boards and social media are different; if you go on somebody else's page and see their criticism of you, of well.  But players don't need to have their confidence shattered by the home fans if they're struggling.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:24:30 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2022, 12:37:21 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I remember fans booing the pick when he got drafted. Wyc said it’s the most negative reaction to a pick he can remember.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2020/06/04/jaylen-brown-protests-stats-commentary/

From the article:

Fans — perhaps you among them — booed the pick when it was announced at a party for season ticket-holders. Owner Wyc Grousbeck, who before the draft had promised “fireworks,” was booed when he addressed fans about the pick. “Fourteen years [as an owner], that’s probably the worst [reaction] I’ve gotten,” Grousbeck said at the time. “But I’ll view this as people really care.”