Author Topic: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women  (Read 11334 times)

Re: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
He’ll probably play in europe, and if he does really well, i think some team will give him a chance after a year or two.

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2022, 09:43:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Something doesn't smell right with this.  I mean if the Spurs knew he had been exposing himself to the team shrink, why did they pick up his extension and what happened in the few weeks since that made keeping him all of a sudden untenable?  Picking up the option is just a really strange fact.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2022, 11:10:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
“According to the lawsuit, Primo exposed himself to Dr. Hillary Cauthen a total of nine times. The first incident allegedly occurred during a psychological session with Primo in December 2021 and was reported to Spurs management in January 2022.”

Surprised she didn’t threaten to take legal action after he allegedly exposed himself the first few times and the team didn’t take action. Why continue to see him.

Yeah, it's important to remember that allegations aren't facts.  At the same time, the suggestion that there were similar allegations by other women -- which were the impetus for Primo's belief -- is pretty damaging if true.

Primo's lawyers are trying to portray this as a situation where Primo's junk inadvertently became visible because he was wearing shorts to a session.  There's a wild chasm factually between a one time accidental exposure that wasn't mentioned to Primo, versus a 9-time pattern of sexual deviancy that the Spurs knew about.

Yeah, I get that. Just saying it seems odd.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 09:32:03 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2022, 12:39:06 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Well, now that Kyrie has been suspended indefinitely, Nets can sign him and Udoka together.

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2022, 02:58:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
So Primo was seeking psychological help for this issue, exhibited this issue in front the psychologist he was seeking help from, and is now being sued by her? Am I understanding this correctly?

Why not file criminal charges for lewd and lascivious behavior, or open and gross lewdness? Or whatever similar statutes they have on the books there.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Something doesn't smell right with this.  I mean if the Spurs knew he had been exposing himself to the team shrink, why did they pick up his extension and what happened in the few weeks since that made keeping him all of a sudden untenable?  Picking up the option is just a really strange fact.
To answer my question, it sounds like Primo may have exposed himself to another person in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago and that is why the Spurs cut bait when they did.  Still doesn't explain why they picked up the option knowing he had exposed himself to the team shrink, but at least may explain why they cut him like 2 weeks after doing so.

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2022, 08:53:49 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
To answer my question, it sounds like Primo may have exposed himself to another person in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago and that is why the Spurs cut bait when they did.  Still doesn't explain why they picked up the option knowing he had exposed himself to the team shrink, but at least may explain why they cut him like 2 weeks after doing so.

The GM either believed Primo that the shrink was a not job who was misinterpreting things, or he was trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug because it was her word against his, without any additional proof.  When there became multiple alleged victims, it becomes much harder to pretend nothing happened.

Interestingly, the lawsuit isn't seeking money damages, reportedly.  That's too bad, because I'd love to see Primo and the Spurs get absolutely nailed here if the case can be proven. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2022, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich, speaking before Friday night's game against the Clippers, said he could not comment on when he was first informed about Primo's alleged behavior and what actions the Spurs did or did not take because it is now a legal matter. Popovich did say the Spurs have long worked to maintain a healthy work environment.

"I would only add that anybody that has observed the Spurs over a very long period of time knows that an accusation like this would be taken very seriously, without any doubt whatsoever," Popovich said. "No equivocation, the Spurs organization would be on top of it. I am absolutely confident that the men and women on the managerial staff that dealt with and are dealing with this did so purposefully, efficiently, promptly and did it with the utmost care for everybody concerned, the accuser, the accused, the people in the organization, to make sure that everybody still felt comfortable and safe. I'll just leave my comments at that."

"The only thing I would say to the fans is to consider the statement I just made about how we've handled things over many years," Popovich said. "As far as the details, I think they know intellectually, like we all do, that it's in the hands of the lawyers. We can't say anything. That pretty much cuts everything off. I would imagine that over time details are going to come out, they always do. Everybody has to just wait for that."
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2022, 04:34:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich, speaking before Friday night's game against the Clippers, said he could not comment on when he was first informed about Primo's alleged behavior and what actions the Spurs did or did not take because it is now a legal matter. Popovich did say the Spurs have long worked to maintain a healthy work environment.

"I would only add that anybody that has observed the Spurs over a very long period of time knows that an accusation like this would be taken very seriously, without any doubt whatsoever," Popovich said. "No equivocation, the Spurs organization would be on top of it. I am absolutely confident that the men and women on the managerial staff that dealt with and are dealing with this did so purposefully, efficiently, promptly and did it with the utmost care for everybody concerned, the accuser, the accused, the people in the organization, to make sure that everybody still felt comfortable and safe. I'll just leave my comments at that."

"The only thing I would say to the fans is to consider the statement I just made about how we've handled things over many years," Popovich said. "As far as the details, I think they know intellectually, like we all do, that it's in the hands of the lawyers. We can't say anything. That pretty much cuts everything off. I would imagine that over time details are going to come out, they always do. Everybody has to just wait for that."

Lot of words to say nothing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah and honestly the trust us we do things correctly defense made it worse in my mind.

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2022, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Sounds to me that he feels like the Spurs did and do handle issues the right way, which is not what the team psychologist is claiming:

In her lawsuit, the team's former performance psychologist said the Spurs did nothing to discipline Primo or address her concerns "despite her numerous complaints about Primo's improper sexual conduct."

Cauthen said she had informed and requested a meeting with Spurs general manager Brian Wright after what she described as Primo's first incident of indecent exposure in December 2021. She said her request for a meeting in January was postponed by Wright until March, during which time Cauthen continued to counsel Primo despite her concerns.

Cauthen said her role with the team was marginalized in the months that followed, culminating in her contract not being renewed in August.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 11:06:46 AM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2022, 10:40:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sounds to me likes he feels like the Spurs did and do handle issues the right way, which is not what the team psychologist is claiming:

In her lawsuit, the team's former performance psychologist said the Spurs did nothing to discipline Primo or address her concerns "despite her numerous complaints about Primo's improper sexual conduct."

Cauthen said she had informed and requested a meeting with Spurs general manager Brian Wright after what she described as Primo's first incident of indecent exposure in December 2021. She said her request for a meeting in January was postponed by Wright until March, during which time Cauthen continued to counsel Primo despite her concerns.

Cauthen said her role with the team was marginalized in the months that followed, culminating in her contract not being renewed in August.

If even half of that lawsuit is truthful, the Spurs — particularly Wright — very much didn’t handle things the correct way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2022, 10:57:54 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
That statement from Pop reads to me as him saying-without-saying that a complaint was never actually made because if there had been a complaint made, it would've been dealt with.

If the psychologist has evidence of her complaint being ignored that's going to be a pretty terrible look.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2022, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Hope he gets help
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
This whole thing was very odd. Will be interesting to see who signs him.

The therapist who claimed Joshua Primo exposed himself to her on multiple occasions has now settled her lawsuit with the former San Antonio Spurs player and the NBA org. … TMZ Sports has confirmed. – via TMZ Staff @ TMZ.com