Author Topic: Joshua Primo waived; accused of indecent exposure toward three women  (Read 11323 times)

Re: Joshua Primo waived
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 09:43:56 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Has to be some sort of serious domestic assault story etc coming out in the coming days.

Could it be that serious? I mean Bridges is still with the Hornets, and that was pretty bad. Oops, turns out Bridges is a Free Agent. Sorry bout that.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:51:53 PM by radiohead »

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 10:14:09 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Has to be some sort of serious domestic assault story etc coming out in the coming days.

Could it be that serious? I mean Bridges is still with the Hornets, and that was pretty bad. Oops, turns out Bridges is a Free Agent. Sorry bout that.
Has to be something of that nature otherise not sure why they would cut him.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2022, 10:56:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1586180446873743362?t=ot3OQJhHgVA_8v9tOEQTag&s=19

Primo saying he left the Spurs to concentrate on his mental health.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2022, 10:58:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1586180446873743362?t=ot3OQJhHgVA_8v9tOEQTag&s=19

That may be part of it, but it's unlikely all of it.  Otherwise, I don't think the Spurs would have just eaten his salary for the next two seasons.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2022, 11:02:07 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

That may be part of it, but it's unlikely all of it.  Otherwise, I don't think the Spurs would have just eaten his salary for the next two seasons.
Yeah.  If he really just needed time away, they could have kept him on the roster until he was ready to come back.  Very strange.  Hopefully everyone is ok.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2022, 11:06:15 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Wow. So he probably misses the entire season then, and maybe more?

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 12:21:38 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Have a feeling it’s going to be something similar to what happened with Kevin Porter Jr when he was released by the Cavs.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2022, 12:41:02 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
For perspective, he’s younger than JD Davison by a few months.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2022, 02:57:26 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
So the spurs waived him because he was dealing with mental health issues from a previous trauma? That doesn’t seem right.

Twitter speculation: This could be an Aaron Hernandez type situation
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2022, 12:14:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So the spurs waived him because he was dealing with mental health issues from a previous trauma? That doesn’t seem right.

It’s all guessing.  My first guess, when mixing talk of trauma from the player’s side and his immediate release by the franchise?  Allegations about child p0rn or sexual abuse of some nature.  But, I’m sure my brain goes there because of things I’ve seen in my career. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2022, 12:19:00 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

It’s all guessing.  My first guess, when mixing talk of trauma from the player’s side and his immediate release by the franchise?  Allegations about child p0rn or sexual abuse of some nature.  But, I’m sure my brain goes there because of things I’ve seen in my career.

That’s interesting and fair speculation in my book. I’m sorry but this is what happens when NBA teams give such little information. We speculate. And to waive a lottery pick like that, it has to be something pretty serious

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2022, 12:22:57 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Not to mention all of his jerseys online and in the fan store were taken down immediately. He did something where there is no trade value. His statement is to get out infront of anything that is coming in the next few days. Spurs were high on this kid. Something really bad must have occurred.

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2022, 12:55:53 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I’m sorry but you are pulling out some horrible accusations with 0% evidence.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

Primo entered the draft too early and is mentally struggling as a result. This seems to be the same situation as Tyrell Terry and Dallas. The reason they cut Terry was because he needed a stable environment and there are only 15 spots on a roster.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2022, 01:01:16 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Primo entered the draft too early and is mentally struggling as a result. This seems to be the same situation as Tyrell Terry and Dallas. The reason they cut Terry was because he needed a stable environment and there are only 15 spots on a roster.

It’s a little different than with Terry, because the Spurs had just picked up Primo’s option earlier this month, and the Spurs have a more long term view than the Mavs, in terms of winning this season.  They don’t need the roster spot — they could have sent him home to work things out.  There had to have been a very recent event that precipitated this.  Maybe it’s not criminal, but it’s more than simple immaturity.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2022, 01:55:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

They just guaranteed him more than $4 million for next season, now three weeks later they're cutting him without attempting to trade him?   They're not sending him for a stint in the G-League, or putting him into an NBA counseling program, but instead are cutting ties with him completely? 

Oh, and they also stopped selling his jersey in the team store, and erased all evidence of him off of Spurs instagram, purportedly.

Something big happened here.  This situation is unique in recent NBA history.