Author Topic: Miles Bridges was arrested for felony domestic violence in Los Angeles  (Read 10290 times)

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Have anyone seen the pics of his wife? Unbelievable and heartbreaking! He should be in jail & never play again in NBA..that goes for anyone in any profession..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I can’t imagine spending $500- $1,000 to bring my family to a Celtics game vs the Hornets or any other team employing Bridges. I hope this gets dealt with before fans have to make a decision not to participate.

I feel for this woman and her traumatized children.

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I can’t imagine spending $500- $1,000 to bring my family to a Celtics game vs the Hornets or any other team employing Bridges. I hope this gets dealt with before fans have to make a decision not to participate.

I can't imagine spending that much money to go to any game.

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I couldn't either, but then I got caught up in the irrational exuberance that was this year's playoff run, and I have no regrets.

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

If I’m driving close to an hour (and back) going to a game, it’s going to be in the louge (lower bowl) where I can see stuff. Otherwise, the couch is the spot. Check ticket prices- they’re expensive.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If I’m driving close to an hour (and back) going to a game, it’s going to be in the louge (lower bowl) where I can see stuff. Otherwise, the couch is the spot. Check ticket prices- they’re expensive.

I actually prefer lower center balcony to a lot of the Log seats.  For family games, though, the club seats are really cool.  Good views, and wait staff bringing you food.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I actually prefer lower center balcony to a lot of the Log seats.  For family games, though, the club seats are really cool.  Good views, and wait staff bringing you food.

I know this is a tangent, but can you sit in this club with 4 people for under $500? My experience at the Garden is that it is very expensive. Makes sense as it’s an expensive city and the team is good. I’d love to show my support in person more frequently, but with young kids and other expenses, it doesn’t seem to be a top priority.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I know this is a tangent, but can you sit in this club with 4 people for under $500? My experience at the Garden is that it is very expensive. Makes sense as it’s an expensive city and the team is good. I’d love to show my support in person more frequently, but with young kids and other expenses, it doesn’t seem to be a top priority.

If you have flexibility and can track tickets on both ticket master and stub hub for like a Tuesday night game against magic there will definitely some times it is very affordable. But related to that, there are actually some instances where planning a trip around a game in another city can save a ton of money. Say you use some miles or take amtrack to go down to dc. You can get in a wizards game for like 8 bucks.

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
If Bridges was repentant, serves a jail sentence, goes to therapy/anger management, and does not violate his parole, should he be allowed back in the league? He’s only 24. Michael Vick came back and added value to the Eagles (I realize this isn’t a perfect comparison).

I’m angry with this news, but I also strive to forgive. Thoughts?

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If Bridges was repentant, serves a jail sentence, goes to therapy/anger management, and does not violate his parole, should he be allowed back in the league? He’s only 24. Michael Vick came back and added value to the Eagles (I realize this isn’t a perfect comparison).

I’d say yes if all of the above was completed. Everyone deserves a second chance to correct a wrong they have made. The point of jail is a punishment for what was done and to reflect and become better. That being said, PR for teams will probably say no to this guy for a long time (even if he were to do that). For example, I don’t think Ray Rice ever played again.

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Two thoughts:

if a team doesn’t think the PR hit is worth it, he won’t be back- think ray rice after the video was leaked.

Making a good faith effort at rehabilitation doesn’t change the fact that no one is guaranteed a roster spot in the NBA, and bringing him back sends the message to all victims of spousal abuse/domestic violence that his ability on the court is more important than their health & happiness.

Cynically, if he was a Tatum level talent, I think a lot of teams would decide that the PR hit was worth it. That’s just the way these teams are run. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 09:31:12 AM by Kernewek »
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He faces up to 12 years in prison. Such a maximum sentence makes him 36 when he's out with ZERO competitive play in the previous 12 years.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He faces up to 12 years in prison. Such a maximum sentence makes him 36 when he's out with ZERO competitive play in the previous 12 years.

Millionaires usually don't get the maximum sentence.  I hope he's convicted of a felony and does jail time, but oftentimes that's not how severe DV cases go.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
No matter what profession you are in, if u abuse a child or lady, u should be fired & sent to jail..that’s mine opinion as I seen many families ruin by abuse
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin