Author Topic: Who is going to KG's jersey retirement?  (Read 7086 times)

Re: Who is going to KG's jersey retirement?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 09:34:54 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I’m monitoring tickets and may go.  Trying to find 3 tickets is tricky.  I should probably buy four and resell the single.

Yeah, conventional wisdom is that resale tickets go down the closer you get to the event, but with the team playing better that hasn't necessarily been the case. 

Depending upon how much you're looking to drop, there are some club level seats on sale at vividtickets in a grouping of 3.  $370 each.

Yeah, $370 is outside my wife's price range for this one.

I do have the advantage that I can get to the Garden in 30 minutes by public transit, so I guess I'm going to hope they come down in price during the final hour before tipoff.

I took a look and it seems like prices are beginning to break a bit, particularly over the last few days. What's interesting to me is that the greatest availability is in the loge seats, where sellers are a bit pickier about pricing than in the upper level. I would expect that to continue, so you may actually be waiting until 30 minutes before tip-off, when people have to make a decision. To me, this says that there are a lot of people who just want to be there but don't feel like they have to have great seats.

There are still plenty of seats up above, though, and they're starting at $185 on Ticketmaster (sadly, before fees.). My guess, and this is strictly a guess, is that prices will continue to move down. My experience selling tickets has been that people are least price-sensitive before the season starts (I have no idea why.). That's whenv I make the biggest margin.

Hope that's helpful.
Mike

Yeah, but fees are a killer. Added almost $100. Bye the time you’re done, 2 $185 tickets are almost $500. Love KG, but guess I’ll have to watch from home.
Probably just as well. With the price of gas, might cost me that much to drive from Vermont anyway

Yes they are, and here's another thing that drives STMs crazy: The fees on the resale tickets are crazy. But if you buy the tickets directly from the Celtics (the red dots, not the blue ones), it's only about a $5 per ticket fee. Puts resellers at an automatic, massive disadvantage.

Mike