Author Topic: NCAA Final Four  (Read 21364 times)

Re: NCAA Final Four
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 11:16:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Davion Mitchell will be a better pro than Suggs. Suggs looks like another Devin Harris with his good speed but average feel.

Davion Mitchell is a great defender, makes really advanced reads passing the ball, gets to the basket, and creates separation on his jumpshot.

I've never seen him play, but with his name, #45, stocky build, and athleticism, he makes me think of Donovan Mitchell.  Apparently he's mocked to the Celts at 15 on nbadraft.net, and compared to Smart as an NBA player.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Impressed by Baylor. They look so much more athletic and aggressive.

You can argue Gonzaga should have lost last game as well. They just got trucked tonight. Bad timing for them to put up a stinker.

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Davion Mitchell will be a better pro than Suggs. Suggs looks like another Devin Harris with his good speed but average feel.

Davion Mitchell is a great defender, makes really advanced reads passing the ball, gets to the basket, and creates separation on his jumpshot.

Chauncey B B B Billups!

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2021, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I've never seen him play, but with his name, #45, stocky build, and athleticism, he makes me think of Donovan Mitchell.  Apparently he's mocked to the Celts at 15 on nbadraft.net, and compared to Smart as an NBA player.

The way he’s been playing this tourney, he’s gonna be long gone by the time the Celtics are picking.

He’s been a pleasure to watch throughout this tourney.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2021, 11:24:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
If the Zags can somehow cut this to 10 by the half, they're going to win.

Wow.  Exactly 10 at the half. 

Is this another Tarstradamus prediction? Time will tell.

For now, TP tar.

Self-reported for stupidity.  Mods can confirm. 

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2021, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

The way he’s been playing this tourney, he’s gonna be long gone by the time the Celtics are picking.

He’s been a pleasure to watch throughout this tourney.

Fingers crossed that other teams make mistakes.  He was impressive tonight.

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2021, 11:27:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It’s funny that you think that, he randomly changed his number to #45 when he transferred, and it just happened to be after Donovan Mitchell really burst onto the scene.

I’ve been high on him a while. He’d fit well into those two guard lineups we love to play. Him and PP would be epic together
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I've wanted to put an asterisk on this season for a long time (even though my UM did well), but Baylor got it done in convincing fashion, and I'd be remiss to knock them. 

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 11:44:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I was impressed with Mark Vital. Just a monster guard!

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 11:51:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I've wanted to put an asterisk on this season for a long time (even though my UM did well), but Baylor got it done in convincing fashion, and I'd be remiss to knock them.

My prediction:  this one comes off the books in a few years.  I get the sense that the entire Baylor athletic program is dirty.  But, the kids got it done on the floor. I didn’t think they would make it after they dropped a couple of games in the big 12. Instead, they crushed teams. Really impressive.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2021, 12:32:44 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

My prediction:  this one comes off the books in a few years.  I get the sense that the entire Baylor athletic program is dirty.  But, the kids got it done on the floor. I didn’t think they would make it after they dropped a couple of games in the big 12. Instead, they crushed teams. Really impressive.

Aha! Wouldn't be the first time.  Any sources?

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2021, 01:18:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Gonzaga....Warriors' 73-9 season....New England Patriots 2007 season....it's so hard to go a perfect season and win it all.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2021, 03:57:32 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Crazy game, looking forward to the championship game. Let's see if the Zags have anything left (mentally and emotionally) after that effort. Let's hope that wasn't their "championship game" and that they have more left in the tank to try and pull off the unbeaten season.

I had a feeling that UCLA game took too much out of the Zags. It was their "final" so to speak.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Some of the Gonzaga guys like Timme and Kispert would scare me if we drafted them.  I mean they're great college players.

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2021, 10:46:07 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
My championship prediction:
Baylor 69
Gonzaga 64

But hope Zags win
Finally got a prediction right lol..UCLA game took a lot out of Zags
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark