Author Topic: Ben Simmons alludes to recruiting lebron to 76ers  (Read 3626 times)

Ben Simmons alludes to recruiting lebron to 76ers
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:18:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWN3RgnRUk/?utm_source=ig_embed

See caption mentioning June 30th at midnight

Re: Ben Simmons alludes to recruiting lebron to 76ers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:29:02 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
It would be a smart move if the Cavs don't win the chip this year. Lakers seem about 3 years away, and the Clips need to blow it up.

I actually think Detroit might be an option. If Detroit could get Reggie's contract off the books, maybe by pairing him with Stanley J, Kennard, expirings, picks for LeBron in a sign and trade?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:39:05 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWN3RgnRUk/?utm_source=ig_embed

See caption mentioning June 30th at midnight

They're friends and LeBron James is his sudo mentor so it would be obvious that Simmons would want James on his team but they couldn't function together, both James and Simmons need the ball and Simmons at this stage of his career can't even function without the ball in his hands. What Philly needs is a bunch of high level 3 and D guys who can compliment Embiid, Simmons and Saric (Avery Bradley comes to mind).

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:47:35 AM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Let him go there and tear that locker room apart.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 06:55:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It would be a smart move if the Cavs don't win the chip this year. Lakers seem about 3 years away, and the Clips need to blow it up.

I actually think Detroit might be an option. If Detroit could get Reggie's contract off the books, maybe by pairing him with Stanley J, Kennard, expirings, picks for LeBron in a sign and trade?

I would think Cleveland would rather just lose LeBron rather than take these guys in a sign and trade. Kennard would be okay but the other two?

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 07:58:28 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Not sure functionally how that would work. Simmons playing off ball with no semblance of a jump shot would be scary.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Philly makes some sense. They’re in the East, they can easily give out a max contract plus sign another major free agent, Dr. J is Lebron’s idol.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Philly makes some sense. They’re in the East, they can easily give out a max contract plus sign another major free agent, Dr. J is Lebron’s idol.
How are they going to sign Lebron at 35% Max and sign another major free agent?  Embiid's new Max contract goes into effect.  They'll have to dump Bayless just to be able to fit a single major free agent and that assumes Embiid only gets 25% Max.  If he's voted as 1st team All NBA, he'll get 30% Max. 

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 08:55:43 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Lebron would make more sense in Philly if they traded Simmons.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How are they going to sign Lebron at 35% Max and sign another major free agent?  Embiid's new Max contract goes into effect.  They'll have to dump Bayless just to be able to fit a single major free agent and that assumes Embiid only gets 25% Max.  If he's voted as 1st team All NBA, he'll get 30% Max.

I forgot about Embiid’s extension. Even so, they’ve got two all-star caliber players. Add them to Lebron and they still get out of the East.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 09:41:47 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I forgot about Embiid’s extension. Even so, they’ve got two all-star caliber players. Add them to Lebron and they still get out of the East.
I agree that they'd get out of the East.  They'd have a good chance to win it all.  They're already one of the best defensive teams and that's with Saric and Redick starting.  Lebron would give them the go to scorer that they need.  The big problems with Lebron are his age and his baggage.  But if he wants to sign a 1+1 with the Sixers, there is no way they cannot do it. 

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Wow. Rookie Ben Simmons already thinking of how to take the easy way to the top. If I were him I'd be thinking, hmmm... Lebron is probably out of the league in, say, 5 years, maybe fewer.... I'll be starting to hit my prime by then..... hmmmmm............
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:19 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
The notion that Lebron and Simmons wouldn't work together is silly.  Simmons and Saric work pretty well together.  Saric is a nice player but Lebron is better then him in every way except age.  Simmons, Redick, Covington, Lebron and Embiid would be a really tough matchup for GSW.  Curry would need to play exceptionally well. 

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Are players allowed to do this? I get he isn't front office but crazy magic Johnson can't say Giannis is a great players but Simmons can do this.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
The notion that Lebron and Simmons wouldn't work together is silly.  Simmons and Saric work pretty well together.  Saric is a nice player but Lebron is better then him in every way except age.  Simmons, Redick, Covington, Lebron and Embiid would be a really tough matchup for GSW.  Curry would need to play exceptionally well.

Are you thinking that Lebron just becomes the Saric upgrade? I don't see that happening. Saric usage rate is 20.4, Lebron's is 30.9. Hey, they'd still win the east, but in order to maximize Lebron in Philly it's ironic that the guy we're talking about "recruiting" him would be best to move for better fitting pieces. Lebron is a better Simmons upgrade than a Saric upgrade.