Author Topic: Samuel Dalmebert?  (Read 2794 times)

Samuel Dalmebert?
« on: October 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
If we can make a two for one trade to get rid of Sully and his fat, lazy, butt, then we could sign Dalembert, who could give us 6, 6 and 1.5 blocks in 15-17 minutes off the bench!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Samuel Dalmebert?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
No I don't want his number, no I don't want to give him ours.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
If we can make a two for one trade to get rid of Sully and his fat, lazy, butt, then we could sign Dalembert, who could give us 6, 6 and 1.5 blocks in 15-17 minutes off the bench!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77

If he could still do that Dallas wouldn't have cut him and his guaranteed contract.

If you think Sully is lazy, trust me, Dalembert is worse.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:11:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Seriously, the guy was beat out by Javale McGee.  No thank you.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I don't think this is true.  I think McGee is still out with an injury.  He was beat out by Zaza Pachulia.

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:09 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
If the Mavs were willing to cut his fully guaranteed deal and keep guys like Salah Mejri over him, I think it's time for him to hang it up.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 12:27:29 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
When Nate Duncan did his Dallas Mavericks preview on his podcast the Dallas beat writer mentioned that Dalembert had a big issue falling asleep in team meetings.

I' don't think he'd exactly fit in around these parts.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
When Nate Duncan did his Dallas Mavericks preview on his podcast the Dallas beat writer mentioned that Dalembert had a big issue falling asleep in team meetings.

Apparently he was wearing those glasses that have a picture of eyes in them so no one knows you are sleeping. But everyone knew.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:27 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't think this is true.  I think McGee is still out with an injury.  He was beat out by Zaza Pachulia.

Smitty77

They kept McGee and released Dalembert.  Ergo, he was beat out by Javale McGee.  If McGee is injured, then he was beat out by an injured Javale McGee, which is even worse.

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:28:43 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Apparently he was wearing those glasses that have a picture of eyes in them so no one knows you are sleeping. But everyone knew.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Makes no sense for this team as constructed to bring in Dalembert. He isn't going to push the needle in any positive direction for us at this point.

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
looks like the mavs are setting up to tank and rebuild- dwight powell had a double double the other night-someting like 12 points and 14 rebounds

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
looks like the mavs are setting up to tank and rebuild- dwight powell had a double double the other night-someting like 12 points and 14 rebounds

Not saying this to disagree with you, but genuinely asking--- why did they sign Deron Williams? Is that a calculated move to disguise the tank?

I actually do think that the Mavs are trying to win, but I'm extremely unsure. They look like they tried to reload, go stuck half-way, and are now too good to tank but too bad to compete (barring some kind of Nowitzki rejuvenation). Don't Williams and Nowitzki need to go down (which is a distinct possibility!) for them to get in the bottom 5-10?

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 12:05:13 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Seriously, the guy was beat out by Javale McGee.  No thank you.

Yup. Just saw this gem from an article about the roster cuts:

Dalembert’s release brings us one step closer to a world where JaVale McGee is the Mavs’ starting center, which suddenly rockets them up the rankings of must-watch League Pass teams.

Not sure if the second point was because the writer believes McGee makes them that much better or if it's a subtle joke since the Mavs will get extra air time on Shaqatin-a-fool.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Not saying this to disagree with you, but genuinely asking--- why did they sign Deron Williams? Is that a calculated move to disguise the tank?

I actually do think that the Mavs are trying to win, but I'm extremely unsure. They look like they tried to reload, go stuck half-way, and are now too good to tank but too bad to compete (barring some kind of Nowitzki rejuvenation). Don't Williams and Nowitzki need to go down (which is a distinct possibility!) for them to get in the bottom 5-10?

Even with DWill this team looks better than his former Nets teams on paper. Then again I could say this team has just as good of a chance to stink (not on purpose) as they do to contend for the last playoff spot.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)