Author Topic: Make Pistons and Hornets compete for our 16th and Young  (Read 3345 times)

Make Pistons and Hornets compete for our 16th and Young
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Please don't laugh.  Sure, we can add our 45 or 33 if necessary.  But, we simply HAVE to walk away with Caulie-Stein or Turner OR Winslow or Johnson from this draft!!!  We need a C or a SF!!

Deep down, I don't want to give up Avery to move up.  It is just a gut feeling that we will regret trading Bradley!!

Smitty77

Re: Make Pistons and Hornets compete for our 16th and Young
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I'm starting to think Turner is going to be the most obtainable, most likely to go in the 10-12 range. We can move up fairly easily into that range.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:32:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Please don't laugh.  Sure, we can add our 45 or 33 if necessary.  But, we simply HAVE to walk away with Caulie-Stein or Turner OR Winslow or Johnson from this draft!!!  We need a C or a SF!!

Deep down, I don't want to give up Avery to move up.  It is just a gut feeling that we will regret trading Bradley!!

Smitty77

Funny, I have a gut feeling that we would regret keeping Bradley if the Celts don't trade him.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:35:55 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Make them compete?

"I know you guys are searching for immediate impact (i.e. veteran) guys, so I'm offering you all the privilege to move down seven or eight spots in the draft to take on a shooter in need of massive development and who shot 25% from 3 last year as well as a rookie who also will likely need some time to adjust to the NBA"?

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Not really.  I am willing to give them Oly that can help them now.  Perhaps Sully.

Smitty77

P.S. That is FAR more help that Willie or Myles will give them NEXT year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I mean you never really know with SVG cause that dude LOVES big guys who can shoot to surround a real C with, but the Ilysova trade seems to have killed our hope for getting that Pistons pick. He could still possibly have interest in KO since he can put the ball on the floor as well as shoot and is still on a rookie deal but they really need a wing and could darn well wind up with Winslow at 8.

We would have to give up a lot to move up any higher than 9. The good news is, moving up in the 9-12 range is relatively easy for us if the right guy were targeting falls. I can see different scenarios playing out where any of Cauley-Stein, Johnson, Hezejonia or Turner could be there. And personally, I'd give up a guy and a couple picks for that. Especially if it's something like Young or KO or Zeller. Bradley can start on a good team in this league. Zeller probably can't. KO might be able to some day, but not today. Young is a big project that I would find difficult to move, but would for the right guy. I probably wouldn't wanna include Bradley in a deal unless it moved us up to a top-ten pick and came with a ready replacement (Hood, Hairston, McLemore).

The way I see it, if were gonna get in the top ten-twelve picks it's pretty likely it will have to include a player and picks. So then it becomes the very personalized debate of "Is trading player X plus our own first rounder for Player Y". If player Y is a guy you rate very highly who has fallen (Like I think the C's do with WCS and Johnson) and he's available at that available trade spot, you should do it. All depends on how much you like a player and the package required to get him.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:03 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Well we know the Hornets need help after they traded LS but if our target is 12 then Hood and the 12th pick for Avery would be a great deal for us. We could walk away with Myles Turner, Hood, and obi Upshaw.

But including James Young in any trade is just silly bc he hasn't proven his worth yet.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 11:46:34 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I mean you never really know with SVG cause that dude LOVES big guys who can shoot to surround a real C with, but the Ilysova trade seems to have killed our hope for getting that Pistons pick. He could still possibly have interest in KO since he can put the ball on the floor as well as shoot and is still on a rookie deal but they really need a wing and could darn well wind up with Winslow at 8.

We would have to give up a lot to move up any higher than 9. The good news is, moving up in the 9-12 range is relatively easy for us if the right guy were targeting falls. I can see different scenarios playing out where any of Cauley-Stein, Johnson, Hezejonia or Turner could be there. And personally, I'd give up a guy and a couple picks for that. Especially if it's something like Young or KO or Zeller. Bradley can start on a good team in this league. Zeller probably can't. KO might be able to some day, but not today. Young is a big project that I would find difficult to move, but would for the right guy. I probably wouldn't wanna include Bradley in a deal unless it moved us up to a top-ten pick and came with a ready replacement (Hood, Hairston, McLemore).

The way I see it, if were gonna get in the top ten-twelve picks it's pretty likely it will have to include a player and picks. So then it becomes the very personalized debate of "Is trading player X plus our own first rounder for Player Y". If player Y is a guy you rate very highly who has fallen (Like I think the C's do with WCS and Johnson) and he's available at that available trade spot, you should do it. All depends on how much you like a player and the package required to get him.

Totally agree.  Well said!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 11:48:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Well we know the Hornets need help after they traded LS but if our target is 12 then Hood and the 12th pick for Avery would be a great deal for us. We could walk away with Myles Turner, Hood, and obi Upshaw.

But including James Young in any trade is just silly bc he hasn't proven his worth yet.

This would be a HUGE haul for our C's!!!  I LOVE Rodney Hood!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 12:25:30 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Hood and the 12th pick?  Yes it would be a great deal for us.  However, they would laugh at that offer...

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think a lot of Celtics fans drastically overrate James Young's value around the league.

Young wasn't good enough to get any significant playing time with us this year, despite the fact that Danny pretty much gave up on this team mid season (when he traded Rondo and Green) and gave in to another lottery year - only to have Marcus Smart, Isaiah thomas and co ruin his plan and lead the Celtics to the playoffs haha

But honestly we were pretty bad at some points in this season, and at some of those points in time we were looking like we'd be a bottom 6 team...yet still Young didn't get playing time. 

That should give you some indication of how much potential Stevens and Ainge feel he has...

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
It seems like everyone is overrating players in the draft.  My guess is Turner will be a bust (just don't see any athleticism) and the others you mentioned (besides Winslow who won't be available) will be mediocre pros.  Young has just as much of a chance as those guys as being a solid NBA player - have you seen his shooting stroke?  I'd rather stick with two lotto tickets (in Young and whoever we can get at #16).  I don't mind giving up #16 and #28 to move up, but no sense giving up Bradley or Young and #16 for someone who has a pretty good chance of being worse than Bradley or Young straight up.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:39 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think a lot of Celtics fans drastically overrate James Young's value around the league.

Young wasn't good enough to get any significant playing time with us this year, despite the fact that Danny pretty much gave up on this team mid season (when he traded Rondo and Green) and gave in to another lottery year - only to have Marcus Smart, Isaiah thomas and co ruin his plan and lead the Celtics to the playoffs haha

But honestly we were pretty bad at some points in this season, and at some of those points in time we were looking like we'd be a bottom 6 team...yet still Young didn't get playing time. 

That should give you some indication of how much potential Stevens and Ainge feel he has...

Pretty much. James Young has yet to prove he's an NBA player, let alone a viable trade asset.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:28:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Can't say it enough.. Young is still not close to being an NBA player. If he doesn't gain significant weight, he isn't going to see the floor. That's the problem with "projects." Upshaw would be easier to deal with, imo... I could work with him to develop himself as a person (success or failure), but I can't add 20 lbs to Young's frame or light a fire under his ass. I don't even know if he's capable of gaining that size.

I doubt he would even be considered a commodity in our moving up, but if someone highly inebriated thought so, I'd ship him and pick(s) in a heartbeat. I have no doubt whoever we ended up with at 16, even worst case scenario, would be more NBA-ready and likely have a better career than Young. Any career could do it..
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 02:35:06 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Can't say it enough.. Young is still not close to being an NBA player. If he doesn't gain significant weight, he isn't going to see the floor. That's the problem with "projects." Upshaw would be easier to deal with, imo... I could work with him to develop himself as a person (success or failure), but I can't add 20 lbs to Young's frame or light a fire under his ass. I don't even know if he's capable of gaining that size.

I doubt he would even be considered a commodity in our moving up, but if someone highly inebriated thought so, I'd ship him and pick(s) in a heartbeat. I have no doubt whoever we ended up with at 16, even worst case scenario, would be more NBA-ready and likely have a better career than Young. Any career could do it..

Let's not go THAT far, Upshaw has serious character issues (not to mention drug and heart issues.) Young as far as I know doesn't have any of that.