Author Topic: Idea: Okafor and 2 1st rounders for Crawford, Green, and Bogans  (Read 6966 times)

Re: Idea: Okafor and 2 1st rounders for Crawford, Green, and Bogans
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think the Suns would have much interest in this.  First, they're rebuilding, and second they're okay at PG and SF.

Mostly, though, it's because Green and Crawford aren't worth two potential lottery #1s.

Their only SF is PJ Tucker I think?

They have FOUR firsts.

But I don't think 2 2014 1sts is realistic either.

I think they play the morris twins at either 3 or 4 but admittedly haven't watched them this year.

Yeah.  Marcus Morris plays a lot of small forward, Tucker plays there, and Gerald Green gets minutes there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maybe this is more realistic.

Green and Crawford for Frye, Kravtsov and a 1st rounder.

Both would still be on the books next year, but it cuts down the Celtics payroll even more this year, getting closer and closer to being able to use a large portion of that TE.

For Phoenix, it adds Green.  Crawford can play some of the minutes that Bledsoe was playing.  It doesn't effect the cap space they are creating next season. 

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Actually, it works without Kravtsov. 

The Celtics could pick up an extra 1st and drop another 4 million under the tax level this season.  It would put them close to 6 million under the tax.  Or the ability to use the TE to add a player up to 6 million.  (or maybe absorb a contract for another team trying to get under the tax for a 1st round draft pick)

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 12:04:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not sure the Suns deal Frye, he has been a big part of the spread offense they run

How about
To Boston: Ben Gordon and Emeka Okafor
To Charlotte: Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace and a first from Phoenix
To Phoenix: Jeff Green

So much cap space!
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
R McD is a fan of Jeff Green -- was a big part of bringing him to Boston, and signing his deal.

So... he might give us the worst of their 1sts for him. That's the best ur gonna get.

I'd see that happening.

Lowe had a solid read on the Suns that hit the internet a couple hours ago:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/88362/eric-bledsoe-injury-puts-a-huge-dent-in-the-fun-albeit-tanking-suns

Salient points via Crawford:
Which is why I'm rooting for Phoenix to go the other way: keep Dragic, keep Frye, and find an upgrade at backup point guard. The Suns have extra picks and about $4 million in cap room. A certain professor in Denver is unhappy and reportedly on the trade market. Eric Maynor is out of the rotation in Washington, though he also has what looks like a dreadful $2.1 million player option next season. Will Bynum is probably gettable, though his contract is equally unappealing. Jordan Crawford has come back to earth in Boston, GM Ryan McDonough's old stomping ground, but he's a useful playmaker (in short, closely monitored stretches) playing on an expiring contract. Heck, maybe the Raptors go south and decide to deal either Lowry or Greivis Vasquez. Maybe the Suns kick the tires on everyone's favorite combo guard lottery disappointments — Jimmer Fredette and Austin Rivers. There are other names floating around that would serve as upgrades over Smith/Barbosa.

They could also use an extra draft pick to find another quality big man, especially since losing a perimeter player may force Marcus Morris to work as a full-time small forward instead of splitting time at the two forward spots.

Besides, Phoenix is at least nine games up in the loss column over 10 other teams. It's probably too late for the Suns to tank into really juicy draft position, unless the whole team suffers a wave of very serious fake injuries. The Suns may not have much choice now but to just plug away at a playoff spot, dealing only if they can nab a really good asset in return.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I don't think that the Suns would do it for two first's but from what I've heard they could use Green and Crawford.   Weren't they looking at Thad Young?

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
R McD is a fan of Jeff Green -- was a big part of bringing him to Boston, and signing his deal.

So... he might give us the worst of their 1sts for him. That's the best ur gonna get.

I'd see that happening.

Lowe had a solid read on the Suns that hit the internet a couple hours ago:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/88362/eric-bledsoe-injury-puts-a-huge-dent-in-the-fun-albeit-tanking-suns

Salient points via Crawford:
Which is why I'm rooting for Phoenix to go the other way: keep Dragic, keep Frye, and find an upgrade at backup point guard. The Suns have extra picks and about $4 million in cap room. A certain professor in Denver is unhappy and reportedly on the trade market. Eric Maynor is out of the rotation in Washington, though he also has what looks like a dreadful $2.1 million player option next season. Will Bynum is probably gettable, though his contract is equally unappealing. Jordan Crawford has come back to earth in Boston, GM Ryan McDonough's old stomping ground, but he's a useful playmaker (in short, closely monitored stretches) playing on an expiring contract. Heck, maybe the Raptors go south and decide to deal either Lowry or Greivis Vasquez. Maybe the Suns kick the tires on everyone's favorite combo guard lottery disappointments — Jimmer Fredette and Austin Rivers. There are other names floating around that would serve as upgrades over Smith/Barbosa.

They could also use an extra draft pick to find another quality big man, especially since losing a perimeter player may force Marcus Morris to work as a full-time small forward instead of splitting time at the two forward spots.

Besides, Phoenix is at least nine games up in the loss column over 10 other teams. It's probably too late for the Suns to tank into really juicy draft position, unless the whole team suffers a wave of very serious fake injuries. The Suns may not have much choice now but to just plug away at a playoff spot, dealing only if they can nab a really good asset in return.

Interesting.

How about Bass and Crawford for Kravtsov, Smith and Christmas?  (with a 1st rounder going to Boston)

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Interesting.

How about Bass and Crawford for Kravtsov, Smith and Christmas?  (with a 1st rounder going to Boston)

I don't know anything about any of those guys, except for the little I saw of Christmas while he was 10-daying/Summer Leaguing for us, so I can't say one way or another.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

That's an interesting idea. None of the guys coming back have guaranteed money for next year, so it's essentially Bass for expirings and a 1st rounder.

Plus it clears additional money off this year's books. I think it would create yet another good-sized TE.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

That's an interesting idea. None of the guys coming back have guaranteed money for next year, so it's essentially Bass for expirings and a 1st rounder.

Plus it clears additional money off this year's books. I think it would create yet another good-sized TE.
as well as weaken the team for the rest of this year for a higher pick.  depends on what pick they send us of the 4 they have. 
I could live with lottery protected (or top 12) but would require it be their best non-lottery pick no lower than 18 or else they have to kick in a second rounder with it.  one of their picks should fit in that range.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

as well as weaken the team for the rest of this year for a higher pick.  depends on what pick they send us of the 4 they have. 
I could live with lottery protected (or top 12) but would require it be their best non-lottery pick no lower than 18 or else they have to kick in a second rounder with it.  one of their picks should fit in that range.

For Bass and more flexibility to use the Pierce TE, take the worst of the Suns number 1 is more then enough. 

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

For Bass and more flexibility to use the Pierce TE, take the worst of the Suns number 1 is more then enough.
that's not enough.  they could care less about our TPE from PP.  Bass alone is worth more than a late first rounder.  Adding in Crawford is worth at least a pick between 12-18 in this draft.  what they're sending us is crap so there's really no incentive to take them on to improve Phoenix's roster with a couple of rotation players.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

that's not enough.  they could care less about our TPE from PP.  Bass alone is worth more than a late first rounder.  Adding in Crawford is worth at least a pick between 12-18 in this draft.  what they're sending us is crap so there's really no incentive to take them on to improve Phoenix's roster with a couple of rotation players.

Agree completely.

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I just don't see Bass having any value to them. He'd be redundant with all their other jump shooting 4's. Green and Crawford OTOH could significantly help them.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 03:43:20 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I honestly believe that if Bass is being paid approximately what he is worth as a player, then you'd still be lucky to do better than an expiring contract, a second-round pick, and an acknowledged draft bust in the third year of a rookie scale contract, and there is little chance of getting a 2014 first-round pick, even if you add in Crawford.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference