Author Topic: 2010 CelticsBlog Draft: Atlantic Division Press Conferences  (Read 57837 times)

Re: 2010 CelticsBlog Draft: Atlantic Division Press Conferences
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Quote from: nickagneta

Is everyone just supposed to hang back and just say "Yeah, you're right Edgar, we won't bring up your severely hurt starting center and just hand you the trophy now."

That would be sweet huh....

but i would not see that happend
for some reason
Perk hurt this team as much as any starting player hurt them
at least hes not Redd hes young
and his progress as much as I read has been great.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:35:16 PM by IndeedProceed »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2417
David Lee's offense is going to drop off a bit playing the power forward position. He'll no longer have an automatic quickness advantage against his opponents which will make it harder for him to drive + to setup his jump shot. The relative quickness and defensive skill-set of his opponent will also make it harder for Lee to be the playmaker he was last season. 

David Lee is a 20ppg + 4apg threat as a center but more like a 16-17ppg + 2apg guy as a power forward. A nice third option type of threat offensively.

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
David Lee's offense is going to drop off a bit playing the power forward position. He'll no longer have an automatic quickness advantage against his opponents which will make it harder for him to drive + to setup his jump shot. The relative quickness and defensive skill-set of his opponent will also make it harder for Lee to be the playmaker he was last season. 

David Lee is a 20ppg + 4apg threat as a center but more like a 16-17ppg + 2apg guy as a power forward. A nice third option type of threat offensively.

Just want to plublicy thanks who who happens to make thing eassier to me explaining my own team.

Saludos and TP

Edgar

Nice to be back!

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Is everyone just supposed to hang back and just say "Yeah, you're right Edgar, we won't bring up your severely hurt starting center and just hand you the trophy now."

for some reason

You leave Michael Redd out of this!

But since you brought him back in..Perkins is targeting a February return, so is Redd (and Redd's FEB return is a conservative estimate, as he has been vocal about not rushing back)...Redd will have had over a year since his injury, I wonder who comes back stronger.

(yeah, yeah. I know certain people *cough roy,who cough* have been down on Redd. I know that.)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

for some reason

I think Nick underestimates the intellect of the voters a bit.

We Angry Crotor Pickle people have the utmost respect for the voters' infinite wisdom (and love of all things GREEN ).

Seriously though we're pretty shallow, but not THAT shallow.
Yup

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

for some reason

Actually isn't Michael Redd pretty young....like 30?

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

for some reason

He was young when he was a crotornat
not anymore
now paul pierce and Ray allen are young

Nice to be back!

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

for some reason

I think Michael Redd's legs are 187 years old.

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

for some reason

He was young when he was a crotornat
not anymore
now paul pierce and Ray allen are young
Of course....what was I thinking? I should have known that.

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
I agree. However, I think people are underselling how good David Lee is with the ball in his hands

I don't think I am. I think he's absolutely spectacular offensive player, and I actually really like this team. I only harp on the pont because I thought some were quick to just brush the defensive issues off. In a heavy pick and roll league. This team is going to have a to put up a lot of points.

True. The Allen-Pierce-Lee trifecta is going to need to get 55-60 points a night, with Nelson hopefully pouring in another 12-13 or so. I think that's possible though.

That only gives them at best 73 points if they get 60pts from the 3 and 13 from Nelson. There going to pry need anywhere from another 15-20 pts if not more to win...Where they going to get that from?
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Atlantic Division
Philadelphia 76ers

PG CJ Watson

An underrated player who sits behind one of the best young PG's in the game in Chicago, CJ will start at point guard for the 76ers. As an above average defender I expect a solid showing from Watson on defense while not expecting him to carry a huge load offensively. Has shown tremendous quickness and ability to adapt, having gotten better each of the three years he's been in the league with Golden State.

SG Jamal Crawford

The quality of Jamal's offensive game is in the top 10 of all shooting guards in the NBA, he will provide this young team with an experienced and dynamic offensive threat, who has proven to be a solid 20ppg scorer. His defense while weak, should be helped when he is motivated by George Karl. Has shown the ability when motivated at times with other teams to be a solid defender.

SF Jeff Green

An average scorer and defender for his first three seasons, Green was solid last year. His role on this team will be to provide a 3rd scoring option behind Blake Griffin and Jamal Crawford. His rebounding has been solid especially on the offensive end, and he should help add length on defense, on what is a fairly small unit.

PF Blake Griffin
The stud of this squad should provide a legitimate post scoring threat and solid defensive energy and presence. Another great quality of this kid, is his already seemingly beyond his years leadership. He will be a huge glue guy in the locker room and should encourage positive habits on and off the floor. Rookie of the year candidate who will not disappoint.

C David Anderson

An unproven risk, Anderson has had a solid showing this summer in FIBA, showed flashes of post scoring and solid rebounding. His defense is average and will not provide many blocked shots. However, his rebounding is consistent and heart is never a question with him. Should be a consistent double double threat on a nightly basis.

George Karl has shown an uncanny knack for being a great motivator and a very solid coach over the years. Logging 900+ wins is a rare feat in the NBA and he certainly fits the bill of a top flight coach, who is an inspiration to his players due to his ongoing fights with cancer.

Bench
F Leon Powe- As we all know a very energetic presence who can rebound and provide some low post pop on a night in/night out basis.

PG Mario Chalmers
Effective PG who has shown that he can indeed run an offense, he will split time with CJ Watson at PG and is certainly capable of starting at PG anytime.

PG Eric Bledsoe
Underrated player who fell in the draft should be a very solid PG option as he at times ouplayed John Wall in the summer league, shows potential to be a talented and starting pg in the future.

G Charlie Bell
An above average defender will be able to come off the bench and shut down opposing threats at SG. Quick feet and active hands will allow him to stay in front and provide tenacity on the defensive end.

F Luke Harangody
The latest coup in the Danny Ainge era, will provide a solid scoring threat off the bench as his offensive officiency is tremendous. A common criticism about his uncanny shooting style shouldn't be an issue, as he just seems to show a knack for putting the ball in the hoop. Incredible stamina and also the ability to produce rebounds at a solid rate make him a legit rotation guy.

F Tyler Hansbrough
A tough to back down defender and incredibly hard to get in the air, Hansbrough can be a defensive machine down low against opposing PF's. His expanding range on the offensive end should help provide yet another scoring threat either down low or in the mid range.

Sonny Weems
Providing a slasher type threat for some instant offense and additional depth at SG.

Greivis Vasquez
A very solid scoring threat who if he can figure out a way to make the transition physically and show the ability to distribute on offense can be a valuable piece.

I expect this team to compete on a nightly basis, and to provide solid competition in the east. I am eying one of the last playoff spots and with solid seasons from Blake Griffin and Jeff Green key to the quest.

My toughest decision was to trade away Carlos Boozer. I am a big boozer fan, but I have always shied away from players with big injury risks, and Boozer has a history of injuries.

My best move was acquiring Blake Griffin via trade. This guy has all the tools to become a superstar. While many of you may think that I am contradicting myself by taking him, after his injury last season, he has is young and has plenty of gas left in his tank. Could be a top 10 guy in 2-3 seasons.

Thoughts/Questions/and Comments?

Philly:

1.  Is it fair to say that you moved away from being a "win now" team to a team of the future?

2.  What is Jeff Green's upside?

3.  Right now, you have Powe, Harangody, and Hansborough, all of whom are undersized PFs.  Can they all co-exist?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I agree. However, I think people are underselling how good David Lee is with the ball in his hands

I don't think I am. I think he's absolutely spectacular offensive player, and I actually really like this team. I only harp on the pont because I thought some were quick to just brush the defensive issues off. In a heavy pick and roll league. This team is going to have a to put up a lot of points.

True. The Allen-Pierce-Lee trifecta is going to need to get 55-60 points a night, with Nelson hopefully pouring in another 12-13 or so. I think that's possible though.

That only gives them at best 73 points if they get 60pts from the 3 and 13 from Nelson. There going to pry need anywhere from another 15-20 pts if not more to win...Where they going to get that from?

Their bench is more than capable of scoring that amount of points. I also think the estimates before were rather conservative. Still, I think they probably have to score in teh mid 90's per night.

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

If you figure 4 points from Anthony and 4 each from the 5 rotation bench players, that's 24 more.  I think that's pretty conservative for 6 NBA players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2010, 06:29:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
what roy said

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

for some reason

You leave Michael Redd out of this!

But since you brought him back in..Perkins is targeting a February return, so is Redd (and Redd's FEB return is a conservative estimate, as he has been vocal about not rushing back)...Redd will have had over a year since his injury, I wonder who comes back stronger.

(yeah, yeah. I know certain people *cough roy,who cough* have been down on Redd. I know that.)

Lol.  I love Michael Redd.  I think he's a great guy, and he's a pleasure to watch.  In an alternative universe, I would have been clamoring to move Ray's expiring contract last season to pick up Redd (aka, "younger Ray").  However, injuries got in the way, and ruined the guy's career.

From what I've read (redd?), the Bucks are basically viewing Redd as an expiring deal, and that's about it.  After missing large chunks of three out of the last four years plus most of next year, I can't blame them.