Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Bucks (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/28/19  (Read 57632 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Bucks (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/28/19
« Reply #855 on: April 28, 2019, 07:14:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Might have to tape First Take tomorrow just to get Stephen A. Smith's reaction to this game.

My guess is he calls Al Horford a baaaaad man.

Stephen A. has praised the Celtics all season long and said he still believes in them.

Max Kellerman on the other hand will probably find some way to trash Kyrie  ::)

He doesn't hate the Celtics but for some reason he despises Kyrie. Maybe it's because he still holds bitter feelings about the last time Kyrie made an appearance on First Take  :P

Well, he's a big Lakers fan too.

Anyways, great win today.

Lol actually, check out Kellerman's Twitter Feed. He credits Horford for his work on Giannis (and Embiid last year), but he's also making excuses already that MIL is missing Brogdon and that's the main reason the C's won.

I just don't understand why these people that say that Brogdon is such a big part of their team. Isn't Smart a BIGGER part of our team that we are missing. I don't get it. Smart > Brogdon
Brogdon is huge for them.  We are arguably better off without Smart.

« Reply #856 on: April 28, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This was a great game no doubt but am I the only one who thinks the Celtics can play better?

« Reply #857 on: April 28, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
This was a great game no doubt but am I the only one who thinks the Celtics can play better?

no, we can play much better. i agree.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #858 on: April 28, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

There seemed like a lot of sloppy play and tatum didn't have much of a game. Everybody played well on defense...

« Reply #859 on: April 28, 2019, 08:04:38 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Milwaukee can play better too though.  The Celtics will probably need to play better to win the series but  I can't disagree regarding that the Celtics certainly can play better.

« Reply #860 on: April 28, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Might have to tape First Take tomorrow just to get Stephen A. Smith's reaction to this game.

My guess is he calls Al Horford a baaaaad man.

Stephen A. has praised the Celtics all season long and said he still believes in them.

Max Kellerman on the other hand will probably find some way to trash Kyrie  ::)

He doesn't hate the Celtics but for some reason he despises Kyrie. Maybe it's because he still holds bitter feelings about the last time Kyrie made an appearance on First Take  :P

Well, he's a big Lakers fan too.

Anyways, great win today.

Lol actually, check out Kellerman's Twitter Feed. He credits Horford for his work on Giannis (and Embiid last year), but he's also making excuses already that MIL is missing Brogdon and that's the main reason the C's won.

I just don't understand why these people that say that Brogdon is such a big part of their team. Isn't Smart a BIGGER part of our team that we are missing. I don't get it. Smart > Brogdon
Brogdon is huge for them.  We are arguably better off without Smart.

Brogdon is definitely very important for the Bucks, more than Smart is for the Celtics.  But that's independent of their actual impact, as Smart is more of a luxury for the Celtics than Brogdon is for the Bucks due to the Bucks lack of quality depth at guard.

Regardless, we're definitely not better without Smart.  Boston would be better off if Smart took every one of Rozier's minutes.  I'm also much more comfortable with Smart as injury/foul insurance for Irving/Brown than I am Rozier.

« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Gotta make Mirotic put the ball on the floor. 

13-0 run for Milwaukee.  You knew this would happen.

There was no reason for this to happen.. once again they wilt under pressure when the other team starts making shots. They don’t play with the same edge and it the run gets worse.

We’re playing a good team that was shooting 26% they were going to start making shots, we just need to withstand this run

exactly

we are playing best team in league at their house

did people think they would just quit? lol

all we have to do is hang in there and pull this out in the 4th.

And we hung in and pulled it out and more  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2019, 08:40:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Gotta make Mirotic put the ball on the floor. 

13-0 run for Milwaukee.  You knew this would happen.

There was no reason for this to happen.. once again they wilt under pressure when the other team starts making shots. They don’t play with the same edge and it the run gets worse.

We’re playing a good team that was shooting 26% they were going to start making shots, we just need to withstand this run

exactly

we are playing best team in league at their house

did people think they would just quit? lol

all we have to do is hang in there and pull this out in the 4th.

And we hung in and pulled it out and more  :police:

yep. it is why i told people to relax when everyone was on suicide watch. it is the ebb and flow of these games.
now the bucks will come out strong and desperate next game and give their all. the key this game was not letting things get out of control. who knows while pierces' comments could be bulletin board material they could also be used to play psychological games with the bucks. we shall see. i bet brad has us ready regardless. even if we lose game 2 we can still win this in 6 or 7. but if we can take game 2 i really think bucks will be in deep deep trouble then
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #863 on: April 28, 2019, 08:43:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If you're the Bucks, what adjustments do you make for game 2?

I would start Hill and Mirotic instead of Bledsoe and Lopez. Hill did a great job out there for them and Mirotic kept them in the game for a while, adding more shooting around Giannis. Bledsoe and Lopez off the bench could be better matchups for their second unit as well.

If they go with the 'let's put all our hope on Brogdon returning' plan and lose game 2, they are done.

« Reply #864 on: April 28, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Very proud of the way the guys played today!

« Reply #865 on: April 28, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I would start Hill and Mirotic instead of Bledsoe and Lopez. Hill did a great job out there for them and Mirotic kept them in the game for a while, adding more shooting around Giannis. Bledsoe and Lopez off the bench could be better matchups for their second unit as well.

If they go with the 'let's put all our hope on Brogdon returning' plan and lose game 2, they are done.

Changing their starting lineup after their first loss of the postseason seems like a drastic overreaction and a panic move. Maybe change up the rotation patterns, get some more minutes for Mirotic.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #866 on: April 28, 2019, 09:37:34 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Bucks' adjustments should center around the 3-point arc, both ends. Offensively, if we continue to clog the lane to stop Giannis, they will want to space their shooters and let him feed them after drawing our defenders in. They will shoot better than game 1. On defense, they did not rotate well to our perimeter shooters after cutting off drives. They will put more emphasis on covering the arc.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #867 on: April 28, 2019, 11:08:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Changing their starting lineup after their first loss of the postseason seems like a drastic overreaction and a panic move. Maybe change up the rotation patterns, get some more minutes for Mirotic.

Naw, there’s enough evidence from both the regular season and now this game that Lopez is a huge mismatch against Horford. I think you have to start Mirotic there instead to give you more shooting and take away some of that mismatch.

That said, it may open up the lane more for penetration, along with giving another iso mismatch opportunity for Kyrie to exploit. So it’s a pros and cons thing.

« Reply #868 on: April 28, 2019, 11:23:17 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I didn't watch the game. Can someone be bothered putting up a detailed analysis of each player's game?

Also, I want to know about our defense. Milwaukee shot horribly, but did they miss a lot of open shots? Only 9 turnovers for Milwaukee, so it wasn't exactly half-court defense that did the trick.

I note the rebounding disparity. How was Giannis neutralized on defense?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #869 on: April 28, 2019, 11:30:10 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I didn't watch the game. Can someone be bothered putting up a detailed analysis of each player's game?

Also, I want to know about our defense. Milwaukee shot horribly, but did they miss a lot of open shots? Only 9 turnovers for Milwaukee, so it wasn't exactly half-court defense that did the trick.

I note the rebounding disparity. How was Giannis neutralized on defense?

Regarding the Celtic defense, it was excellent!

We didn't see this kind of defense from the Celts in the regular season.

Celts were active, physical, and determined on defense.