Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68723 times)

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Trump's response is honestly embarrassing. He is the President and should not care whether or not LaVar is grateful. It's not his job to solicit adulation, it's his job to make good decisions that benefit the country.

But, like most narcissists, he rarely helps others unless it boosts his image and/or strokes his ego.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Trump's response is honestly embarrassing. He is the President and should not care whether or not LaVar is grateful. It's not his job to solicit adulation, it's his job to make good decisions that benefit the country.

But, like most narcissists, he rarely helps others unless it boosts his image and/or strokes his ego.

This....so much this.

I'd love for PRESIDENT Trump to act....you know...."Presidential?" for a change and not even care whether someone thanks him or not.

If his intentions WERE pure in helping out then move on. Why seek the adulation of one man?

The kids thanked him and seemed sincere. That should've been enough.

Why does he even care? Just move on and be thankful you could help.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Trumps right

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Update:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/932303108146892801

"Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!""

Trump says lavar doesn't accept that trump saved his kid from years in jail and that lavar is unthankful. Trump says he should have left them in jail

I agree with president trump. Trump didnt have to do anything, he did. A huge favor saving the players from a super harsh prison  system in China. They faced 10 years being locked up. Ball family seems entitled

"Who?" LaVar Ball had told ESPN's Arash Markazi on Friday when asked about Trump's involvement in the matter. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out."

For once, I agree with Trump

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Question for the Pro-Trumpers -

If it was Presidents Obama, Bush or even Hillary do you think that THEY would've responded as Pres. Trump did?

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Lavar Ball and Donald Trump both are an embarrassment to our country.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

If it was Presidents Obama, Bush or even Hillary do you think that THEY would've responded as Pres. Trump did?

Nope---they wouldn't have gotten them out in the first place. Ha.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

This....so much this.

I'd love for PRESIDENT Trump to act....you know...."Presidential?" for a change and not even care whether someone thanks him or not.

If his intentions WERE pure in helping out then move on. Why seek the adulation of one man?

The kids thanked him and seemed sincere. That should've been enough.

Why does he even care? Just move on and be thankful you could help.

Agreed.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

IDK...none of them ever had to deal with Lavar.  He's a unique beast.  I would have settled with China by letting them imprison Lavar for life, at our cost (joking).

Still doesn't excuse Trump's behavior.  A President should be above that type of interaction.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

IDK...none of them ever had to deal with Lavar.  He's a unique beast.  I would have settled with China by letting them imprison Lavar for life, at our cost (joking).

Still doesn't excuse Trump's behavior.  A President should be above that type of interaction.

lol you don't mean this.

CelticsBlog would miss Lavar Ball...I seriously believe that.

Between the "Smart can't shoot" threads and the like we wouldn't have ANY conversation pieces with Lavar gone.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Why? Because we expect presidents to be "diplomatic" phonies? I find Trump's lack of decorum refreshing.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.