Author Topic: Bulls (11-7) at Celtics (12-9) Game #22 12/9/15  (Read 30736 times)

Bulls (11-7) at Celtics (12-9) Game #22 12/9/15
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11851
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Chicago Bulls (11-7) at Boston Celtics (12-9)
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
7:00 PM ET
Game #22, Road Game #11
TV: ESPN,  CSNNE, CSNCHI
Radio: 100.7 WZLX, ESPN 1000AM WRTO
TD Garden

Probable Starters

PG:Isaiah Thomas ...............................................SG Avery Bradley

C:  Jared Sullinger

SF: Jae Crowder ................................. ............PF Amir Johnson

Celtics Reserves

Evan Turner
Jonas Jerebko
Terry Rozier
James Young
Kelly Olynyk
Jordan Mickey
Tyler Zeller

Injuries

Marcus Smart (leg) out
David Lee (heel) day to day
RJ Hunter (hip) day to day

Head Coach
Brad Stevens

Probable Starters

PG: Derrick Rose ............................................. SG: Jimmy Butler

C: Paul Gasol

SF: Tony Snell ............................................. PF: Nikola Mirotic

Bulls Reserves
Doug McDermott
Kirk Hinrich
Joakim Noah
Taj Gibson
E'Twaun Moore
Cameron Bairstow
Aaron Brooks
Bobby Portis
Christiano Felicio

Head Coach
Fred Hoiberg

Injuries

Mike Dunleavy (back) out

Game Notes

The Celtics return from their successful 5 game road trip to host the Chicago Bulls.  This is the first of 3 games between these two teams this season.  The Bulls won the season series 3-1 last season. The Celtics won once in Chicago while the Bulls won once at home and both games in Boston. 

For the Bulls'  final win in Boston last season, Jared Sullinger, Evan Turner, and James Young were all out for the Celtics and Chris Douglas Roberts, Tayshaun Prince, and Shavlik Randolph had just become  Celtics. 

The Celtics haven't won a season series from the Bulls since 2008-09 when they won the series 2-1.  The Bulls are 14-10 since that season.   The Bulls are missing Mike Dunleavy, who is out with a back injury.  The Celtics will be without Marcus Smart once again and RJ Hunter (hip) and David Lee (heel) are day to day. 

For the second game in a row, this game will be on national TV.  This will be the first game this season on ESPN.  It will also be on at an earlier time at 7:00 PM ET. 

Key Matchups
  vs 
Avery Bradley vs Jimmy Butler
Butler has surpassed Rose as the star of this team.  He is averaging 20.4 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.89 steals.   Avery's defense will be put to the test in this game.

vs 
Jared Sullinger vs Pau Gasol
Gasol is having a good season and has had some big games.  He is averaging 14.8 pionts, 10.8 rebounds and 2.17 blocks.  Sully is coming off a huge game against the Pelicans and hopefully that will carry over to this game.

Honorable Mention

Isaiah Thomas vs Derrick Rose
Rose isn't exactly the player he was before the knee injuries interrupted his career,  but he is still a very good player and very dangerous if you don't defend him well.  He is averaging 13.7 points, 5.9 assists, and 3.7 rebounds per game. 

Keys to the Game
Defense -  The Celtics are a very good defensive team and so are the Bulls.   The Celtics are allowing just 97.8 points per game.   The Bulls are allowing only slightly more points per game at 98.3  This should be a defensive battle. 

Rebound - The Celtics can't score if they don't have the ball.  Rebounding will be tough against Chicago's big front line, but much of rebounding is effort and desire and so the Celtics must put out the extra effort on the boards to give themselves extra possessions as well as to limit the Bulls fast break opportunities and second chance points.   The Bulls are a good rebounding team, pulling down 48.3 per game while the Celtics are averaging 43.6 rebounds per game. 

Run and Move the Ball
- The Celtics play best when they run on every possession and run back on defense to get set before the Bulls can get into their offense.  They also need to move the ball because when the ball sticks too much with one player then the offense gets stagnant. 

Be Aggressive
- The Celtics must be aggressive on both ends of the court.  They have to be the more aggressive team going for loose balls, on defense, on the boards, and in going to the hoop.   In their wins, the Celtics have been aggressive but in their losses they mostly seem sluggish.  They have to play like they want it more. 

X-Factors
First Game Back Home - The first game at home is often a tough game, whether it is jet lag of some sort or possibly a let down from finally being back into their familiar surroundings. The Celtics need to feed off of the energy of the crowd to give them extra energy.

Officials - Officiating can always be an x-factor.  At times they call the game even and let them play.  Other times they call the game one sided or call every little touch foul and that takes all of the flow out of the game.  Every crew has it's own identity and that can change the flow and outcome of the game. 

Re: Bulls (11-7) at Celtics (12-9) Game #22 12/9/15
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Celtics may actually have a chance to win this.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP FLCeltsfan! Great job as usual. What are those little team stuffed animals, anyway?

Beat those Bulls.

Gasol is a load. Crowder plays his Marquette buddy Butler. Much respect there on both sides.

Should be fun....Go Cs!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP Rondo9 for being the first to post in the game thread!

Go Celtics!!! 

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 10:01:55 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!

TP FLCeltsfan! Great job as usual. What are those little team stuffed animals, anyway?

Thanks!   I think they are monkeys but I'm not positive.  :)

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 10:07:45 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This could be a big, respect-earning win for us. I'm not impressed by the Bulls, but they're generally held in pretty high regard, and I could easily see us going in and whooping them. On the other hand, we've been so up and down this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by fifty. Regardless, this should be a fun game.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975

Depends on which Celtic team shows up .....the destroyers or the brickster squad..... ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

Thanks!   I think they are monkeys but I'm not positive.  :)
yes, monkeys. monkeys with super powers....and capes. and the capes have super powers too. the monkey super powers are the abilities to make other teams miss shots and have the celtics shot 100% from 3 point range. yes, super powered monkeys to lift the celtics to victory.

or, and the monkeys also have the power to give a tp to flc.  ;D

goooooo celtics!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
This Bulls squad might have the best Starting 5 hair in the NBA. Aside from Snell, everyone is styling.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 10:32:34 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I am already thinking of the Warriors game.
I hope the team can stay focused on the Bulls  :D

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Me too.

I'm sure all the Celtics will say they are not looking beyond the Bulls.

But, man, how can that Warriors game not be on their minds?  I really hope they stay focused tonight. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Depends on which Celtic team shows up .....the destroyers or the brickster squad..... ;)
Interesting bit of information from SportsHub yesterday:

Celtics have one of the best ppg differentials per game (+7 or so). Decomposing... it's +17 in wins, -11 in losses. So it's indeed destroyers or bricksters, with little in-between.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

Offline takeittotherim

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Is RJ out tonight?

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

Gotta have tonight's game. I'm worried too.  This game is much more of a measuring stick than Friday's.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:27 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Interesting bit of information from SportsHub yesterday:

Celtics have one of the best ppg differentials per game (+7 or so). Decomposing... it's +17 in wins, -11 in losses. So it's indeed destroyers or bricksters, with little in-between.

The fact that we play at a high pace exaggerates this.