Author Topic: Aaron Hernandez arrested; released by Pats (pg 6)  (Read 65259 times)

Re: Aaron Hernandez arrested (pg 4)
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2013, 10:26:14 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Good for the pats. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Good move by Pats. Who needs scum on their team.

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Good move by Pats. Who needs scum on their team.

Well they took back Stallworth after he killed a guy.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pats are sunk before they even begin the season.

Won't have their top 5 receivers from last year to start the season, and they've officially lost their trump card, which was playing two pro-bowl caliber tight ends who were each really versatile and extremely difficult to matchup with.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pats made the right call.  Either they didn't want to deal with the media circus, or their sources are telling them that some sort of serious criminal sanction is probable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
From Boston.com:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots have announced the release of tight end Aaron Hernandez following his arrest in the investigation of a homicide last week in North Attleboro, Mass.

The New England Patriots issued the following statement: “A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

Re: Aaron Hernandez arrested; released by Pats (pg 6)
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Great move by the Pats.

Won't have their top 5 receivers from last year to start the season, and they've officially lost their trump card, which was playing two pro-bowl caliber tight ends who were each really versatile and extremely difficult to matchup with.

Not sure about "sunk", but for sure they are set back much further than they anticipated in January.

In any case, again, good for the Pats. They are looking long term (for better or worse), not short term.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

If Pats lost Brady they would be sunk.  They will still make the playoffs.

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Sure they will, but making the playoffs means nothing around here.

I'd be surprised if Pats really threaten to make the Super Bowl this year.  That's what matters.

Another year of Brady wasted before it's begun.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I'd be surprised if Pats really threaten to make the Super Bowl this year.  That's what matters.

Yes, Im not sure why belichick scheduled the homocide and back surgerys to happen now, really inconvenient.

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
FWIW

Aaron Schatz‏@FO_ASchatz4m
Pats were 5-1 without Hernandez last year, beating DEN, IND, BUF twice, and STL, losing to BAL by 1 pt. Avg: 42.3 points.

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Yes, Im not sure why belichick scheduled the homocide and back surgerys to happen now, really inconvenient.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where I blamed Belichick.

This is just a crappy, bad luck situation for the Patriots.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
Brutal week for Boston Sports teams this week....Bruins/Celtics/Pats...

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
FWIW

Aaron Schatz‏@FO_ASchatz4m
Pats were 5-1 without Hernandez last year, beating DEN, IND, BUF twice, and STL, losing to BAL by 1 pt. Avg: 42.3 points.

In how many of those games did Welker play?  How about Gronkowski?
- Mark Twain