Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 27722 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Requests Trade
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2023, 07:44:03 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Westbrook AND Anthony Davis for Kyrie and Durant...works $$...and The Lakers become pretty good all of a sudden.
 ;)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2023, 08:29:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I wonder if Ainge would sign up for the Kyrie experience again.  An offer like Conley and Clarkson for Kyrie.   Gives the Nets two players for this season if they want to salvage it.  The Jazz can move the $14 million they owe Conley next year, and either sign back up for more Kyrie or sign-and-trade him to someone else who might be interested, thus acquiring more assets (because there aren’t many teams with the cap space Irving would seek).

If Kyrie breaks everything they get the lotto pick they seek.  If he works out, they put up a fight in the West for a round or two.

Utah might be a facilitator (i.e. taking on Westbrook for a pick as a third team) but I don't see why they should consider bringing Kyrie into that locker room.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2023, 09:21:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
nm wrong thread.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2023, 09:24:01 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I wonder if Ainge would sign up for the Kyrie experience again.  An offer like Conley and Clarkson for Kyrie.   Gives the Nets two players for this season if they want to salvage it.  The Jazz can move the $14 million they owe Conley next year, and either sign back up for more Kyrie or sign-and-trade him to someone else who might be interested, thus acquiring more assets (because there aren’t many teams with the cap space Irving would seek).

If Kyrie breaks everything they get the lotto pick they seek.  If he works out, they put up a fight in the West for a round or two.

Utah might be a facilitator (i.e. taking on Westbrook for a pick as a third team) but I don't see why they should consider bringing Kyrie into that locker room.

How bad is kyrie really in the locker room?  We as fans don't like him.  Coaches and front office personnel don't seem to like him.  The media doesn't seem to like him but the players are a different story.  Smart, JT, JB all seem to like him.  He's a very polarizing figure but an insanely good basketball player.

« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2023, 09:55:25 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So Lebron called his buddy Kyrie and talked him into demanding a trade so that the Lakers can try to salvage their season? I bet Kyrie throws a stink about being traded anywhere other than the Lakers and they get him for Westbrook and a pick.

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2023, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Shams saying Phoenix, Dallas and Lakers are the three frontrunners for Kyrie

I think Phoenix is interesting. Replace CP3 with Kyrie, package Crowder away in that as well and take your chances with that. Meanwhile the Nets can still try to contend with CP3, Durant and Simmons I guess (and Crowder added to the fold)

Chris Paul is toast. No thx.

Paul has more left in tank then I thought. My comment has aged poorly lol

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2023, 10:08:56 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

How bad is kyrie really in the locker room?  We as fans don't like him.  Coaches and front office personnel don't seem to like him.  The media doesn't seem to like him but the players are a different story.  Smart, JT, JB all seem to like him.  He's a very polarizing figure but an insanely good basketball player.

Yep.  I think he eventually rubs teammates the wrong way, but he’s clearly got a certain charisma among his peers.

« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2023, 10:35:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Breaking: Brooklyn Nets All-Star Kyrie Irving has requested a trade, league sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. The franchise has been informed that Irving prefers to move on ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline – or will leave in free agency in July.

LOL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2023, 10:41:17 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Shocked I am not.

selfish
adjective
self·​ish ˈsel-fish
Synonyms of selfish
: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
: arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2023, 11:32:55 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2023, 11:34:05 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2023, 11:34:48 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2023, 12:06:42 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

for some insight....there's a difference between liking someone as a teammate, and as a person (in small doses)

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2023, 01:36:50 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Hate to be the one breaking bad news: Powell + Morris makes the dollars work for the Clippers, so if Kyrie tells everyone he will shut down with an injury and not re-sign, and he tells the Clippers he wants to commit to them, I think that thismight happen. That’s a scary Big 3 and really shoves it in LeBron’s face. If that happens, we might see the Clippers in the NBA Finals. It would be a nightmare to lose the Finals to Kyrie.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 01:48:35 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2023, 01:47:24 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Westbrook AND Anthony Davis for Kyrie and Durant...works $$...and The Lakers become pretty good all of a sudden.
 ;)

NBA would have to kill that deal. Obvious shenanigans if that happened. KD is worth far more than AD and two first-rounders. Then again, LeBron has been whining a lot, so it’s time to give the baby his milk?

They let something like that happen and this league would be as crooked/fake as WWF. Heck no.