Author Topic: Ime really let the team down and I hope he's gone for good.  (Read 6808 times)

Re: Ime really let the team down and I hope he's gone for good.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2022, 10:07:55 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The entire story is an embarrassment to the organization. You're the coach of the Boston Celtics, to me that is like a top 5 dream job in this world.. how do you mess it up?

If you're gonna cheat, keep it outside of the org. Ime could probably land 95% of the women in this world. The whole thing is just so idiotic it is truly impossible for me to comprehend it.

Just fire him why let this linger and continue to be a distraction? If I were Stevens i'd either step down and get back on the bench or be calling Quin Snyder every hour until he accepts the position.

You give JM the opportunity to be the permanent head coach. If he doesn’t get it done then you go outside of the organization and hire someone. My guess is players would want JM to get the job.

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2022, 10:19:10 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The entire story is an embarrassment to the organization. You're the coach of the Boston Celtics, to me that is like a top 5 dream job in this world.. how do you mess it up?

If you're gonna cheat, keep it outside of the org. Ime could probably land 95% of the women in this world. The whole thing is just so idiotic it is truly impossible for me to comprehend it.

Just fire him why let this linger and continue to be a distraction? If I were Stevens i'd either step down and get back on the bench or be calling Quin Snyder every hour until he accepts the position.

You give JM the opportunity to be the permanent head coach. If he doesn’t get it done then you go outside of the organization and hire someone. My guess is players would want JM to get the job.

You go through the coaching carousel when your team is a bottom feeder, not the year after you just lost in the finals. They need a permanent solution ASAP. I'm sorry but I just disagree that JM is the right choice seeing where the team is at this moment.

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 11:07:05 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Joe Mazz did an excellent job coaching the summer league team in 2021.  Payton Pritchard was insane.  I see more PT in PP's future.

I know it's not the same as NBA regular season, but its the closest and most recent sample size. Those guys looked sharp. Ball movement was incredible. Defensive schemes were strong, until last game blow out by the Kings for championship.

I think he has a shot here.  And I LOVE(D) IME. Still can't believe what happened.  Seems like Celtics were aware of affair since July, but didn't act on it until Ime started making unwanted advances to the woman, according to Shams.  What a mess.

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 12:02:58 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not knowing all of the facts, I still support Ime.  If all this was was poor judgment, I think we can show him some grace.

I wholeheartedly disagree. He's a fully informed adult who knew the team's policies when he signed on. He understood that there could be consequences for not just himself but others. He made a conscious decision to do the wrong thing.

I understand grace and compassion. But sometimes, a selfish idiot is just a selfish idiot.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I suspect they haven't told us the entire truth. There is more to this than meets the eye
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2022, 12:08:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I suspect they haven't told us the entire truth. There is more to this than meets the eye

They agree that they haven't told the entire truth.  Basically the entire press conference was them saying that they weren't going to go into detail.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2022, 12:10:37 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

They agree that they haven't told the entire truth.  Basically the entire press conference was them saying that they weren't going to go into detail.

I would imagine the only way we would ever find out is if the woman came out with a tell-all? But they're probably all restricted by NDAs. Especially if there might have been a lawsuit and settlement.

What's clear though is that only one person is considered to be in the wrong, and it's Ime, and he was in the wrong by a fair amount to justify a year suspension. Really the rest is just details.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not knowing all of the facts, I still support Ime.  If all this was was poor judgment, I think we can show him some grace.

I wholeheartedly disagree. He's a fully informed adult who knew the team's policies when he signed on. He understood that there could be consequences for not just himself but others. He made a conscious decision to do the wrong thing.

I understand grace and compassion. But sometimes, a selfish idiot is just a selfish idiot.

Well, we have slightly more facts now (multiple incidents, serious enough to get a law firm involved).  It's trending away from "poor judgment" to something more willful.   

But, I will say that violations of team policy can be tricky, and not everything is black and white.  For instance, Wyc said that there are no real standards for what the punishment should be in a situation like this.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:17:27 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

based on what little has been made public, this all seems to be on Ime and in a way that he clearly crossed the line -- this is not being put forth in any way, shape or form that it was a 'poor judgement' situation by the team nor Ime. 

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He ll go straight to the Bulls , Lakers , Wizards ,  they could care less about this and laugh all the way  .  If every other team thinks he deserves a second chance over something that goes on in all the clubs,  in every city , in every country in the world , why would the Celtics be so unforgiving for him being human .  A few games , couple months and fines would have been plenty.

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2022, 12:22:21 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Well, we have slightly more facts now (multiple incidents, serious enough to get a law firm involved).  It's trending away from "poor judgment" to something more willful.   

But, I will say that violations of team policy can be tricky, and not everything is black and white.  For instance, Wyc said that there are no real standards for what the punishment should be in a situation like this.

Sure, but there’s “policy” and then there’s the behavior those policies are trying to prevent because society generally believe they are wrong.  If Udoka simply stepped out of line with a policy, he wouldn’t be suspended for the year with an ultimate determination of his future with the team still pending.  The team, as you pointed out, had some discretion of how to mete out a punishment, and they chose something severe.  Without knowing exactly what he did, it’s a pretty safe assumption from how all this has played out that his actions were wrong, and badly so, irrespective of any policy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:38:54 PM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2022, 12:24:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Rules are rules, and they are there for a reason. As a LEADER of this squad, the trust is gone.

That said, I am not upset with Ime since he admitted his mistake and will accept his punishment. That's end-of-story in my book.

Yes, he let the team down and should be gone for good. However, vitriol against Ime is useless and not warranted.

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2022, 01:34:36 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Agreed.

IDK.  If you know there is a rule against having a relationship with a staff type member of the organization, don't.  The Sox have a similar policy and it almost came to haunt them with Middlebrooks and Jenny Dell.  It was found out, she was moved into the studio and then they "mutually agreed to part ways".
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2022, 03:11:28 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Agreed.

IDK.  If you know there is a rule against having a relationship with a staff type member of the organization, don't.  The Sox have a similar policy and it almost came to haunt them with Middlebrooks and Jenny Dell.  It was found out, she was moved into the studio and then they "mutually agreed to part ways".

The only one to blame for this mess is Ime. He's a grown man acting like a teenager.

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 04:01:26 PM »

Online Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
He ll go straight to the Bulls , Lakers , Wizards ,  they could care less about this and laugh all the way  .  If every other team thinks he deserves a second chance over something that goes on in all the clubs,  in every city , in every country in the world , why would the Celtics be so unforgiving for him being human .  A few games , couple months and fines would have been plenty.
I agree that might (might) have been the case before the Robert Sarver situation.
I think all of the actions of the Celtics organization have to be seen in the context of the Sarver situation, where league laid a punishment out and then famous voices said it wasn't enough.