Author Topic: The Return of Coach Brad Stevens (With GM Authority)?  (Read 2981 times)

Re: The Return of Coach Brad Stevens (With GM Authority)?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
They really need to release the details about who the person is because that has to play a big part in the severity of the suspension.  I mean if you are talking about an intern that is his assistant, that is lot different than an executive working in the front office because of the level of coercion or pressure that the other staffer would feel.  And to be clear, pressure and coercion is not the same thing as consent.  An entirely consensual relationship can still be entered into because of pressure or coercion felt by one of the people, even if the other person doesn't feel it is a factor.

It will likely come out, but in no way should the Celtics be obligated to release any details about an employee the public would not normally be interested in, as there are lunatic fans out there who could blame her in some way.  Talk about none of our business…

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 10:18:44 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
If Ime is suspended for the year, could he just tender his resignation and hook up with another NBA team? I feel ownership doesn’t wanna lose him, thus the suspension. But if Ime feels that he doesn’t deserve this, can he just quit as coach and move on elsewhere?

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Udoka's replacement is apparently Joe 'Mozzarella' Mazzulla, who was charged with domestic violence during his playing days: http://www.hoopville.com/2009/04/26/west-virginia-mazzulla-charged-with-domestic-violence/

Not the best look for us when we're suspending our coach due to conduct issues. At least the offence should improve!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
If Ime is suspended for the year, could he just tender his resignation and hook up with another NBA team? I feel ownership doesn’t wanna lose him, thus the suspension. But if Ime feels that he doesn’t deserve this, can he just quit as coach and move on elsewhere?

He could move to college or the media, but he couldn't go anywhere else in the NBA unless the Celtics gave him permission until his original contract would have expired (so I think 4 more seasons).

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Udoka's replacement is apparently Joe 'Mozzarella' Mazzulla, who was charged with domestic violence during his playing days: http://www.hoopville.com/2009/04/26/west-virginia-mazzulla-charged-with-domestic-violence/

Not the best look for us when we're suspending our coach due to conduct issues. At least the offence should improve!

Yes because people don’t ever grow and change. That was 2009 while he was a college student.

Don’t think anything ever came of it.

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 11:33:44 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas

He could move to college or the media, but he couldn't go anywhere else in the NBA unless the Celtics gave him permission until his original contract would have expired (so I think 4 more seasons).

Thanks and TP sir.

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 11:50:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They should make Horford interim player coach
Yup

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Not sure if you're serious, but it's not allowed by the CBA, so it's moot.

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yes because people don’t ever grow and change. That was 2009 while he was a college student.

Don’t think anything ever came of it.
Never said that I agreed with the negative publicity that might arise with this interim appointment - just saying that there will be discussion about his past just like the Billups and Kidd hirings.

I for one think that Mozzarella will be an upgrade, so I'm pleasantly surprised with the news.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 12:31:24 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Can't remember a team suspending their head coach for a whole season and then bringing him back. I'd love us to hire Quin Snyder. I consider him a top 5 head coach in the NBA. He's out of job since he left Utah this offseason.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 12:33:07 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
Can't remember a team suspending their head coach for a whole season and then bringing him back. I'd love us to hire Quin Snyder. I consider him a top 5 head coach in the NBA. He's out of job since he left Utah this offseason.

That would be a nice option, with the Duke connection with JT.

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 12:35:44 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806

Red Sox re-hired Alex Cora after one-year suspension...for whatever that's worth.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 12:39:37 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Red Sox re-hired Alex Cora after one-year suspension...for whatever that's worth.
Fair enough. I'm not from the US. I know next to nothing about baseball.

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 01:20:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Different kind of cheating  ???
Yup

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 01:21:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Not sure if you're serious, but it's not allowed by the CBA, so it's moot.

Was half joking (I know it would never happen).  But I was not aware it is no longer allowed.
Yup