Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58452 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #600 on: September 26, 2022, 12:49:03 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Interesting quote from Jaylen today saying all the info wasn't shared with the players. Hmmm....
On the other hand there may be some legal ramifications if certain details were shared.

« Reply #601 on: September 26, 2022, 12:50:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Hate to say it but the speculation is also unfair to Ime.  Just going by Matt Barnes saying it's 100% uglier... leaves it open to imagination and, again, speculation. 

« Reply #602 on: September 26, 2022, 12:54:37 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Ime should be gone, and I think he will be.

The “what’s wrong with consensual relationships” take is looking worse and worse.

I don’t think many people are looking at it that way, at least not anymore.

I think most people just don’t understand the severity of the punishment given.  Considering what we know now, I’m completely ok with the punishment the Cs handed out and understand if Udoks never coaches here again.  The reports that are coming out now though, and yes they could be completely BS, is that he’s gonna done coaching ANYWHERE. 

That’s a crazy leap considering that there are teams in this league that chose to put up with the PR nightmare the Blazers went through with Chauncey Billups. 

It must be pretty bad
Greg

« Reply #603 on: September 26, 2022, 12:59:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

The “what’s wrong with consensual relationships” take is looking worse and worse.

I think most people just don’t understand the severity of the punishment given.  Considering what we know now, I’m completely ok with the punishment the Cs handed out and understand if Udoks never coaches here again.  The reports that are coming out now though, and yes they could be completely BS, is that he’s gonna done coaching ANYWHERE. 

That’s a crazy leap considering that there are teams in this league that chose to put up with the PR nightmare the Blazers went through with Chauncey Billups. 

It must be pretty bad
there is also the fact that conduct at the facility with employees can get the team sued while conduct not at the facility will not.  Far too many don't really recognize that difference. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #604 on: September 26, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The longer Boston continues to be ultra vague the longer it looks like they are covering something up.

The fact the players know zero is not good.

« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2022, 01:20:40 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
The longer Boston continues to be ultra vague the longer it looks like they are covering something up.

Not sure if I agree. There are legal ramifications to all of this. The Celtics want to do the right thing, in my opinion, to avoid a Sarver like PR disaster. I believe that the story was ugly enough to command a united front on the legal side. How would it benefit ownership for players to know juicy details?

« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2022, 01:21:37 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

It must be pretty bad

I must be living under a rock. Can you please fill me in on what Ime did, as clearly you must know.

« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2022, 01:25:05 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Not sure if I agree. There are legal ramifications to all of this. The Celtics want to do the right thing, in my opinion, to avoid a Sarver like PR disaster. I believe that the story was ugly enough to command a united front on the legal side. How would it benefit ownership for players to know juicy details?

There is no way the players weren't told of what happened. I think it's PR speak so the players don't have to talk about it.

« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2022, 02:07:19 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

There is no way the players weren't told of what happened. I think it's PR speak so the players don't have to talk about it.

This could very well be a good reasoning why all are stating they found out through twitter or the decision and statement were so rushed because it got leaked that they have not had time to fill the players in.

« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Interesting quote from Jaylen today saying all the info wasn't shared with the players. Hmmm....
On the other hand there may be some legal ramifications if certain details were shared.

I'm sure they don't "officially" know who the person is or details of what happened...anything that results in violation of privacy. For all we know there was a threat of a lawsuit and a settlement and NDAs. I don't know of any company that would share with its employees the name of someone who made a complaint or an allegation about sexual harassment or something similar. They would get sued for invasion of privacy.

Not telling the players everything also protects the players from inadvertently disclosing anything they're not supposed to. They don't need to know the specific details of what happened. They just need to know something happened and it wasn't good. They don't need to know the salacious details (though the rest of us would, as part of morbid human curiosity  :angel: ).

Unofficially? I'm sure they know a lot more than they're letting on - through unofficial channels. Maybe from Udoka himself.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 02:48:45 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #610 on: September 26, 2022, 02:13:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Hate to say it but the speculation is also unfair to Ime.  Just going by Matt Barnes saying it's 100% uglier... leaves it open to imagination and, again, speculation.

Well he kind of brought it on himself. That's the lesser of two evils unfortunately.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #611 on: September 26, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

It must be pretty bad

I must be living under a rock. Can you please fill me in on what Ime did, as clearly you must know.

Having an affair with a married female staff member, then continuing to harass that same staffer after the relationship went south
Greg

« Reply #612 on: September 26, 2022, 02:39:30 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Why would Celtics execs inform the players on what was still an ongoing investigation until this past week? (Especially with the accusations under investigation)

The investigation was leaked during the deliberation before the punishment and it’s been a whirlwind ever since (heavy media/general public attention, press conference, punishment meetings, legality, media day less than a week later, etc.). The right thing would’ve been to have a meeting prior to media day to have s private Q&A with the players and coach them up on how to answer the Udoka questions.

Perk is an obvious contact for Barnes and his sources are accesible to the members of the team. Marcus teased to knowing more about the issue, I think the Jays know too, but want to avoid a bombardment of questions about the situation moving forward.

« Reply #613 on: September 26, 2022, 02:48:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why would Celtics execs inform the players on what was still an ongoing investigation until this past week? (Especially with the accusations under investigation)

The investigation was leaked during the deliberation before the punishment and it’s been a whirlwind ever since (heavy media/general public attention, press conference, punishment meetings, legality, media day less than a week later, etc.). The right thing would’ve been to have a meeting prior to media day to have s private Q&A with the players and coach them up on how to answer the Udoka questions.

Perk is an obvious contact for Barnes and his sources are accesible to the members of the team. Marcus teased to knowing more about the issue, I think the Jays know too, but want to avoid a bombardment of questions about the situation moving forward.

Based upon the press conference, that first part happened:

Quote from: Wyc
Brad and I have both met with the players Brad can fill you in more on that but I would say in general they are very concerned about this it's not a welcome development but they also I felt uh have energy and focus and commitment and drive uh to really accomplish great things hopefully this season so that's the commitment I'm feeling from the players

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #614 on: September 26, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Anyone think that Shams/Woj being used diminishes the perception that they are “in the know”? They used the term consensual and everyone bought it. Maybe it’s ok to challenge these guys going forward- that they are not infallible, and in fact, human like many others that push rumors?