Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58197 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2022, 09:13:59 PM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

According to Nia Long:

"Ime can go to Hell, Hell, Hell. And Im pawning his 2k engagement ring ASAP"

« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2022, 09:22:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Well this is a very bad thing for Ime and his fiancée/wife (?), whichever she is at this point.
And yes, I get that it is not a good thing within an organization, you would need to address this .........

but a year-long suspension ?

I work in higher education admin at a college - I cannot see an employee facing serious consequences for something like this or any consequences at all. How is this sort of thing looked at in corporate America, say a big pharma company ?

(of course, us hillbillies here in Tennessee just have relations with anyone we feel like, so we wouldn't know no better)

Which is why I never plan on going to Tennessee… :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #347 on: September 22, 2022, 09:24:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Well this is a very bad thing for Ime and his fiancée/wife (?), whichever she is at this point.
And yes, I get that it is not a good thing within an organization, you would need to address this .........

I work in higher education admin at a college - I cannot see an employee facing serious consequences for something like this or any consequences at all. How is this sort of thing looked at in corporate America, say a big pharma company ?

(of course, us hillbillies here in Tennessee just have relations with anyone we feel like, so we wouldn't know no better)

Which is why I never plan on going to Tennessee… :laugh:

Or many of the southern states  ;)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Suspension official per Celtics. One year. No specifics given.

« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has suspended Head Coach Ime Udoka for the 2022-23 season for violations of team policies. A decision about his future with the Celtics beyond this season will be made at a later date. The suspension takes effect immediately.

https://twitter.com/jaredweissnba/status/1573120606517837824?s=46&t=YCE4iClPa2Ok_Fy2H-elMA

« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2022, 09:28:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Per Adam Kaufman:

Very noteworthy the #Celtics left the door open on Ime Udoka's status beyond this season. They aren't ready to fire him and he isn't prepared to "mutually part ways," so a resolution will come later. Still seems very unrealistic Udoka will ever coach Boston again.

« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2022, 09:32:20 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Yeah, from that statement it very well looks like the end of the Udoka era in Boston. That is why you have to take advantage of the opportunity for a title when it's right in front of you.

« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2022, 09:33:36 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730

Or many of the southern states  ;)

As a southerner, I am feeling hurt, shamed, oppressed, misunderstood and violated by such an ignorant statement.
Don't sensitive souls like you try to avoid generalizing characteristics about groups of people other than themselves ??
You should be suspended from this board and fined 100 Tommy Points for such a remark.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2022, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Well on the bright side all expectations are now gone. Go find a guy just as good to replace him next season.

« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2022, 09:35:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
and Mazzulla officially takes over as interim head coach:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1573121104117436417?s=46&t=9n2AecM-tbS5jW4mFzvY0g

« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2022, 09:36:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Basically this is a year long audition for Joe mazzullo. He does well he gets the job.

« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2022, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Statement from Udoka:

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1573120669977825280?s=46&t=YCE4iClPa2Ok_Fy2H-elMA

It’s gonna be wild when this story comes out in detail. This guy must have done something awful to get that kind on punishment.

« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2022, 09:41:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Sounds like they want to fire him but their legal team needs more time to figure out how to avoid being sued.

« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2022, 09:41:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m sorry but the Celtics owe everyone an explanation. Rules violations doesn’t hold up for a year long suspension and possibly Ime being let go for good.

Something major happened for this punishment

« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
So Tatum and Brown had to go through Kyrie going bizarro on the team, Hayward turning into a shadow of his former self before their eyes, Horford replaced by a gimpy Kemba, and then just when things start getting normal Ime says hold my beer...