Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 57396 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2022, 07:40:43 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
So far, we know almost none of the details that matter. Who it was, who got upset, how long it went on, what passes between Ime and the front office and the players. For that matter, how long the suspension would be. None of it.

« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2022, 07:43:56 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Starting to feel like the Celtics found out, told Ime to end it and Ime didn’t. Woj said tonight that there has been a breakdown in trust between the organization and Ime.

Either that or Ime lied when asked about the relationship.

Definitely sounds like this.

And that Ime has been involved with two married staffers seems to be a pattern

Some ppl can not handle success well.

« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2022, 08:02:44 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
If Ime gets a year I'm done with this organization. Two consenting adults. What a joke. I would suspect that'd be it for JB as well as he was an Ime champion for the job, thrown in trade rumors all summer, not too mention our bench is garbage despite having a "green light" to spend. Which would in turn lead to JT probably leaving. Hopefully Wyc & Co don't overreact, there's about 5 years of prior progress, and another 10 of future at stake here.

Take it for what it's worth, but some folks are insisting it involved a a Celtics employee AND a wife of a Celtics employee.  That ish gets people killed.  I remember when Andrew Bynum was caught sleeping with the wife of an Assistant Coach - that is hard to overcome.

Everything other than what comes from Woj or Shams is hearsay. Who cares if someone was cheating. it takes two to tango and if you're both consenting adults that's just the way she goes. Sounds like other individuals have some housecleaning to do in their own relationships.
I believe everything that comes from Woj or Shams is hearsay, the rest may be even less.

« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2022, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I didn’t like it if it was just a young staffer. If it’s someone married to an employee, that is really bad and cya Ime. If if if, all hypotheticals.

If this is all made up, I want Ime back.

« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2022, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So I'm WAY behind on this but a relationship within the team would have been my first guess.  But what I'm thinking is that it was something egregious, like having sex on top of the training room table.  I recall actually hearing something like that with another NBA'er but can't remember who it was?

« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2022, 08:15:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Still nothing from the C's? Sorry but this is becoming a horrendous look for the C's. It already was this morning but over the course of the day we're seeing all these reports, rumors, and sadly some female staffers of the C's organization getting harassed on social media as a result. But the C's still haven't released any update or anything. Very weird but also not a good look
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2022, 08:18:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics not saying anything today is interesting.

« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2022, 08:23:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Starting to feel like the Celtics found out, told Ime to end it and Ime didn’t. Woj said tonight that there has been a breakdown in trust between the organization and Ime.

Either that or Ime lied when asked about the relationship.

If that's the case, and he's refusing to resign, they would probably have a long, drawn out legal fight if they try to fire him so the 1 year suspension makes sense.
This would be about the only way a one year suspension makes any sense.

« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Per Chris mannix:

Ime Udoka has considered the possibility of resigning, sources told @SInow. Internally, coaches and staff members are bracing for the likelihood that Udoka will be suspended for one year for having a relationship with a female staffer.
Beautiful. Not sure why our season is jeopardised when we're effectively replacing a coach whose best trait was asking his players whether they had that 'dog' in them while taking half a season before pulling out a defensive tactic that was popularised in the early-mid 20th century to maximise our best defensive prospect. Any implementation of motion principles on offence while maintaining the sanity to not dare offensive GOAT candidates to score 40+ in single coverage/mismatches by Mozzarella would be a good upgrade on what we had.

We have a fantastic group of players and will have an excellent season as long as the players don't mutiny under our interim coach, which to be fair to Ime is a very important part of coaching despite of his tactical shortcomings.
Been invisible whilst we were making a Finals run, instant reappearance as soon as Ime gets into trouble. How peculiar.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #339 on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
"Perhaps within an hour or two, but certainly this evening, Boston is going to announce, I'm told, that Ime Udoka will be suspended for the entire 2022-23 season... This has been a jarring few days."

ESPN's @wojespn on the Celtics' Ime Udoka situation
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #340 on: September 22, 2022, 08:57:35 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
"Perhaps within an hour or two, but certainly this evening, Boston is going to announce, I'm told, that Ime Udoka will be suspended for the entire 2022-23 season... This has been a jarring few days."

ESPN's @wojespn on the Celtics' Ime Udoka situation

??? Certainly this evening????

During Steelers/Browns overtime???

« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2022, 08:59:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I want to see the entire story

« Reply #342 on: September 22, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Well this is a very bad thing for Ime and his fiancée/wife (?), whichever she is at this point.
And yes, I get that it is not a good thing within an organization, you would need to address this .........

but a year-long suspension ?

I work in higher education admin at a college - I cannot see an employee facing serious consequences for something like this or any consequences at all. How is this sort of thing looked at in corporate America, say a big pharma company ?

(of course, us hillbillies here in Tennessee just have relations with anyone we feel like, so we wouldn't know no better)
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2022, 09:09:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I want to see the entire story
I wonder who's feeding Woj?  Certainly this seems to have been a curveball, because not saying anything 24 hours later is a horrible look for the organization.

« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2022, 09:13:07 PM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Edit