Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58673 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
·
5m
Boston Celtics head coach Ime Udoka will not be resigning from his position as he awaits sanction from the organization, league sources tell
@NBAonTNT

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I feel like Ime really let everyone down from the players and management to the fans.

« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2022, 05:08:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
I feel like Ime really let everyone down from the players and management to the fans.

Yep. He certainly did. Can add his family to that list as well.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2022, 05:09:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yep. He certainly did. Can add his family to that list as well.

Yeah, it's a long list. Maybe the whole New England area... Just a real thoughtless and selfish act.

« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2022, 05:13:03 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I have no problem with the silence from the Cs This is sensitive and complex HR and personal issue involving real people with families. It's best to stay silent until there is consensus from all parties as to what happens next.

I doubt it was the Cs org that leaked it. My guess is a player told their agent and an agent now is owed a favor by Woj/Shams. 

« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Chris Mannix WRONG once again....  8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2022, 05:15:05 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
·
5m
Boston Celtics head coach Ime Udoka will not be resigning from his position as he awaits sanction from the organization, league sources tell
@NBAonTNT

Will be interesting iff Mazzula gets the interim nod and knocks it out the park.

Ime suspended for the year, and in his absence, Mazzula leads the C's to a championship in '23.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2022, 05:16:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I have no problem with the silence from the Cs This is sensitive and complex HR and personal issue involving real people with families. It's best to stay silent until there is consensus from all parties as to what happens next.

I doubt it was the Cs org that leaked it. My guess is a player told their agent and an agent now is owed a favor by Woj/Shams.

I have a major problem with it. Female staffers are being harrassed on social media and having their photos posted all over the place. The very least they could do is release a statement condemning that behavior. It won't stop it, but at least show some solidarity with your female staff.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2022, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I have a major problem with it. Female staffers are being harrassed on social media and having their photos posted all over the place. The very least they could do is release a statement condemning that behavior. It won't stop it, but at least show some solidarity with your female staff.

Good point!

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2022, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
All the team moves through the summer were based on Ime as the coach. Real let down.

« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2022, 05:25:37 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

Good point!

I don’t think this is a good point at all. Way too often, the woke crowd is all about women protection and empowerment. The Celtics can’t control the mob. Social media is gonna social media and there are horrible keyboard warriors who will abuse no matter what. The Celtics management seem like a very cerebral group who takes time but is also swift in making (typically) the correct decision from a social and pragmatic point of view.

We need to allow time to cast judgment on this situation and how the Celtics brass handle it.

« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2022, 05:27:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
This is ridiculous nonsense.

A consensual romantic relationship? All this noise over a consensual relationship?

You are going to severely damage the team over this!

There is no need for any of this nonsense. This is purely created by team ownership and is screwing over everyone. They are screwing over the fans, the players, the coaching staff ... Udoka and whoever he is having a romantic relationship with (oh the horror of it all).

p--- off. Play the game. Leave all this nonsense aside. Let people live their personal lives. No crime has been committed. No great offense. People are entitled to their private lives. Team ownership needs to keep their busy-bodying noses out of it.

« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2022, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Good point!

I am not on social media so I was unaware of this going on,  but regardless of what the Cs say social media trolls that do this sort of stuff will do it regardless of a statement from the Cs. We don't know what's happening inside the organization in terms of communication with staff but I agree it's not a good look for them to not make a generic comment regarding respecting people's privacy and treating people with respect.

« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2022, 05:29:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Due to the possible severe penalty of a season long suspension, and the Celtics lack of response so far, I can't help but wonder how high up the chain of command this woman was. Actually, I think it's the husband that is the higher up in the organization and has some authority. Or maybe it was one of the player's wives.

If this was consensual between Ime and someone from the accounting department or ticket sales, then I don't think there's a story.

« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2022, 05:32:41 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This is ridiculous nonsense.

A consensual romantic relationship? All this noise over a consensual relationship?

You are going to severely damage the team over this!

There is no need for any of this nonsense. This is purely created by team ownership and is screwing over everyone. They are screwing over the fans, the players, the coaching staff ... Udoka and whoever he is having a romantic relationship with (oh the horror of it all).

p--- off. Play the game. Leave all this nonsense aside. Let people live their personal lives. No crime has been committed. No great offense. People are entitled to their private lives. Team ownership needs to keep their busy-bodying noses out of it.

Unless the team had bans on this stuff and Udoka agreed to those bans as part of his contract. In which case it is the team's business and the Cs have the right to discipline him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis