Author Topic: Luka coming to camp!  (Read 3656 times)

Re: Luka coming to camp!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2022, 08:22:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jared Weiss: The Celtics are waiving Luka Samanic, sources tell @The Athletic. Samanic is expected to join the Maine Celtics in the G League. – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA

Glad he’s planning on going to Maine at least.  It’d be nice if he could become a useful bench player down the road — the skill and physical abilities are both there.
If they were both there, he would be making the Celtics roster. Clearly one or both are lacking if he's headed to the G League.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2022, 09:02:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Jared Weiss: The Celtics are waiving Luka Samanic, sources tell @The Athletic. Samanic is expected to join the Maine Celtics in the G League. – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA

Glad he’s planning on going to Maine at least.  It’d be nice if he could become a useful bench player down the road — the skill and physical abilities are both there.
If they were both there, he would be making the Celtics roster. Clearly one or both are lacking if he's headed to the G League.

What he’s lacking, in my opinion, is an understanding of how to use those skills, as well as a confidence to use them.  Accordingly, reps in Maine will be mroe useful than sitting on a bench.

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2022, 09:20:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

What he’s lacking, in my opinion, is an understanding of how to use those skills, as well as a confidence to use them.  Accordingly, reps in Maine will be mroe useful than sitting on a bench.
While I agree with what you see he needs, from the little I have seen of his skills, they need development as well. I think we both definitely see he has the physicals in place.

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2022, 11:31:18 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

While I agree with what you see he needs, from the little I have seen of his skills, they need development as well. I think we both definitely see he has the physicals in place.

Sure, he’s not a finished product.  But he can shoot from deep, handle the ball well for someone of his size, and make some nice passes.  The raw ability is there, in a way that isn’t there for a lot of players of his size.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 11:43:23 PM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2022, 07:46:29 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I am disappointed.  What this tells me is that the Celtics don't think he is even as good as Kabengele.  He is only 22 so certainly plenty of time for things to click.  But still a ways to go.  Probably not going to help this year at all (nor will Kabengele).