Author Topic: Trade Idea: Celtics - Hornets  (Read 3500 times)

Trade Idea: Celtics - Hornets
« on: September 10, 2022, 05:35:41 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Celtics: Gordon Hayward

Hornets: Derrick White, Danilo Gallinari, Luke Kornet

(Trade cannot take place until October 11 December 15)

—————————

Celtics

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Williams III

Hayward, Brogdon, Williams, Prichard, Hauser

—————————

I know this will never happen and is most likely my third iteration of a Hayward trade, but I love this team.

Obviously this trade comes with the stipulation that Hayward wants to win a ring and is acceptant of a 6th man role. Given his long history with various injuries, it’s something he needs.

Perhaps I can only dream of a Finals closing line-up of Brogdon, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 07:50:37 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: Celtics - Hornets
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 05:49:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm game to bring Hayward back

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 05:54:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
The dude never plays. He’s made of glass. Can’t understand why people want him back considering his fragility and massive contract. MJ would probably jump on that just to unload Gordon.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 06:02:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Works for me.  I like Gordo better than White.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 06:11:28 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
The dude never plays. He’s made of glass. Can’t understand why people want him back considering his fragility and massive contract.

Hayward, just like Brogdon, has the talent to be a starter on a championship team. It’s their body’s that can’t maintain that level of minutes. By having them on restricted schedule of no back to backs, and capped minutes going into the playoffs, they would be a huge asset.

MJ would probably jump on that just to unload Gordon.

I’m sure MJ would love this trade as he’s cheap and Derrick White is a fantastic sidekick next to LaMelo.

This trade will never happen because Hayward still somehow believes that he’s the same pre-injured guy…even though his body is telling him otherwise.

The final nail would be that Wyc is too cheap to pay for that roster, as it bumps the Celtics further into the tax and he still has to re-sign Grant Williams.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:45:47 PM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
The dude never plays. He’s made of glass. Can’t understand why people want him back considering his fragility and massive contract. MJ would probably jump on that just to unload Gordon.
I agree!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 06:30:33 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Works for me. I like Gordo better than White.

I’m with you Roy.

Plus it’s addition by subtraction. By trading away White, you are giving more minutes to Brogdon.

Given Gallinari’s injury and age bracket, he’s likely done for the season. Hayward is a better defender, younger and has the same type of skill-set.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 06:47:41 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
How many injury-prone guys can we really afford to carry?  I like Gordo as a player but it's hard to pay $30M for a guy who can't stay on the court. 

I'm not convinced he's a positive asset in terms of trade value.  Especially given that we're already going to be sweating bullets hoping half of our roster makes it to the games that matter.  Giving up White is too much for me unless we're getting additional value in return. 

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 06:52:39 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Works for me. I like Gordo better than White.

I’m with you Roy.

Plus it’s addition by subtraction. By trading away White, you are giving more minutes to Brogdon.

Given Gallinari’s injury and age bracket, he’s likely done for the season. Hayward is a better defender, younger and has the same type of skill-set.

The concept of Gordon Hayward is far better than White.  The concept of GH was great for about 5 minutes in the fall of 2017.

I was going to write “you never know who is going to go down with an injury.”  And then I thought “well… you sorta do”. 

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
(Trade cannot take place until October 11)

Firstly, the trade couldn’t take place until December 15th.

Secondly, no way.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 07:17:06 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
(Trade cannot take place until October 11)

Firstly, the trade couldn’t take place until December 15th.

My apologies, you’re right.

I should have remembered that Gallinari can’t be traded for 6 months after signing.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 08:11:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
The dude never plays. He’s made of glass. Can’t understand why people want him back considering his fragility and massive contract.

Hayward, just like Brogdon, has the talent to be a starter on a championship team. It’s their body’s that can’t maintain that level of minutes. By having them on restricted schedule of no back to backs, and capped minutes going into the playoffs, they would be a huge asset.

MJ would probably jump on that just to unload Gordon.

I’m sure MJ would love this trade as he’s cheap and Derrick White is a fantastic sidekick next to LaMelo.

This trade will never happen because Hayward still somehow believes that he’s the same pre-injured guy…even though his body is telling him otherwise.

The final nail would be that Wyc is too cheap to pay for that roster, as it bumps the Celtics further into the tax and he still has to re-sign Grant Williams.

Except Hayward is 3 years older and makes significantly more money at over $30M/year. He has one of the worst contracts in the NBA. I’d like less injury prone players, not more. Especially at that price point. If he gets bought out and accepts a Gallo type contract, sure. Otherwise, hard pass.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 08:16:58 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 09:41:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics: Gordon Hayward

Hornets: Derrick White, Danilo Gallinari, Luke Kornet

(Trade cannot take place until October 11 December 15)

—————————

Celtics

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Williams III

Hayward, Brogdon, Williams, Prichard, Hauser

—————————

I know this will never happen and is most likely my third iteration of a Hayward trade, but I love this team.

Obviously this trade comes with the stipulation that Hayward wants to win a ring and is acceptant of a 6th man role. Given his long history with various injuries, it’s something he needs.

Perhaps I can only dream of a Finals closing line-up of Brogdon, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford.
Another iteration of the obligatory yearly tradition of the "bring back a player" thread.

I love this team too, but it doesn't love Hayward, nor should it, so how about letting it go. He burnt his bridge here. Turned down $25 million a year to be the third wheel here because he wanted more money and a bigger role.

Well, he is proven to be made of glass since leaving Utah and is now an albatross of a contract. Time to move on from this "bring back" candidate.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I like the idea of adding Hayward, but not at the expense of trading Derrick and Danilo depth, and taking him on at his current salary.

I like the composition of this team as is. The defense is elite, versatile, playoff tested, and Derrick is part of that embodying those qualities. I, also, think there’s a shot Danilo returns this upcoming season; at 34, he won’t be held back for precautionary measures and will be on the floor sooner than later. His post game on this team is more intriguing than anything Hayward brings.

As a buyout? Sure, but Hayward still has 2 guaranteed seasons left, so a buyout is unlikely until Feb-March 2024.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 01:37:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I’d rather keep White and go after Lauri Markkanen.

Back room deal with Danny:

- Absorb Gay with TPE for protected 2nd.
- deadline trade Gay, DG, Kornetf and a 1st for LM

The only color that matters is GREEN