Author Topic: Woj: Donovan Mitchell to Cavs  (Read 9102 times)

Re: Woj: Donovan Mitchell to Cavs
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2022, 04:17:35 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
The bulls, hawks and raptors i do not consider to be better anymore

Garland
Mitchell
Okoro
Mobley
Allen

Levert (healthy could be 6MOTY)

They miss some good veterans, but if Rubio can return….

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2022, 04:18:24 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Per fansided, after this trade, “over the next seven drafts, the Jazz hold the rights to 13 first-round picks, as well as a 2026 pick swap with the Timberwolves and two more pick swaps with the Cavs in years that are still to be determined.”

Plus they have some vets who can be flipped for more picks. Mike Conley for example.

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2022, 04:19:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Cleveland's giving up a ton for a guy I'm not sure fits very well next to their best player.  Garland/Mitchell is a small backcourt with some redundancy in their skillsets and neither is much of a defender.  Maybe Mobley and Allen are so good defensively that they can make it work anyway.  We'll see. 

For Utah's part, that's a very nice pile of picks.  Hitching their wagon to Sexton for four years is an interesting decision, but maybe they think he can put up stats on a tanking team for a year or two and then flip him.

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2022, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Can someone post Cavs starters & some bench players?
I put it in the NBA offseason thread but here it is again

Starters - Garland, Mitchell, LeVert, Mobley, Allen
Main Rotation - Rubio/Neto, Okoro, Osman, Wade, Love, Lopez
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2022, 04:21:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
The bulls, hawks and raptors i do not consider to be better anymore

Garland
Mitchell
Okoro
Mobley
Allen

Levert (healthy could be 6MOTY)

They miss some good veterans, but if Rubio can return….

I think that the Hawks and Bulls are still better and the Raps are about tied.

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Per fansided, after this trade, “over the next seven drafts, the Jazz hold the rights to 13 first-round picks, as well as a 2026 pick swap with the Timberwolves and two more pick swaps with the Cavs in years that are still to be determined.”

Plus they have some vets who can be flipped for more picks. Mike Conley for example.

Are they tanking?  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2022, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
The Cavs title hopes have always been about Mobley's development, but adding Mitchell certainly makes them better.  The Cavs were a top 4 team in the east (record wise) until the injuries became too much last year.  I think there is a real chance they are a top 3 seed this year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2022, 04:29:07 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Are they tanking?  ;)

Mmmmm. Could be.

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2022, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This might move Cleveland up to 5th or 6th in the East, but I don't see them moving much past that for the foreseeable future. Boston, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Miami are still better and will be for years. If Brooklyn gels, that's another team Cleveland is behind for a few years. A healthy Chicago and Atlanta would be in contention to be better than Cleveland.

Those picks starting in 2025, especially in 2027 and 2029 might be huge for Utah. Both Garland and Mitchell could be gone by 2027 and 2029. And if a pick swap is in 2028, that could be great for Utah as well.

I don't know. I just don't see Mitchell as a huge needle mover for Cleveland in this tough and deep Eastern Conference.

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2022, 04:33:39 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Trader Danny at it again

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2022, 04:36:12 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
As far as the C’s are concerned, the Jazz now have 17 guaranteed contracts, so somebody useful might shake through to be useful for the back of our bench.

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
This might move Cleveland up to 5th or 6th in the East, but I don't see them moving much past that for the foreseeable future. Boston, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Miami are still better and will be for years. If Brooklyn gels, that's another team Cleveland is behind for a few years. A healthy Chicago and Atlanta would be in contention to be better than Cleveland.

Those picks starting in 2025, especially in 2027 and 2029 might be huge for Utah. Both Garland and Mitchell could be gone by 2027 and 2029. And if a pick swap is in 2028, that could be great for Utah as well.

I don't know. I just don't see Mitchell as a huge needle mover for Cleveland in this tough and deep Eastern Conference.

Me either but there are always one or two surprise teams.

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2022, 05:01:57 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Sure, the Cavs could be a surprise team for a season, but I don’t see the sustained success in their future required to justify the package they gave up.

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Sure, the Cavs could be a surprise team for a season, but I don’t see the sustained success in their future required to justify the package they gave up.

I mean they got an all star and have great young talent in Garland and Mobley. They could be contenders, what do you think is holding them back?

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2022, 05:08:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Can someone post Cavs starters & some bench players?
I put it in the NBA offseason thread but here it is again

Starters - Garland, Mitchell, LeVert, Mobley, Allen
Main Rotation - Rubio/Neto, Okoro, Osman, Wade, Love, Lopez

You call that an upper echilon team for the foreseeable future? Not sure I agree. That team will struggle to get first round home court.