Author Topic: Danilo Gallinari Injury (Expected to miss entire '22-23 Season)  (Read 12733 times)

Re: Danilo Gallinari hurt knee
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
what is it with pro players risking their careers and injury in these non-NBA games?   utterly foolish

I complain about this with the pro am games, especially when they have games getting canceled cause the court is not safe. However can we really blame these guys for trying to get their teams qualified for the Olympics and the fiba World Cup? I actually think it has been awesome watching jokic and doncic battle to get Slovenia and Serbia wins. More of a problem with the joke of a team the United States has. Even Canada has powell, sga, Corey Joseph, ko etc.

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2022, 07:32:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's not funny that he got hurt, but this is some serious gallows humor I'm feeling right now—of COURSE another Celtic suffered a major injury. Of COURSE. Because, why not? This is, after all, the team that has had PUTRID injury luck every year going back to 2009. EVERY. YEAR.

So awesome that camp hasn't even started and we're already dealing with this crap. And it's WAY too late in the offseason to acquire a solid plan-B player.

Gonna be awesome to see the Celtics fall short again because Tatum and Brown are worn out by the time the Finals roll around.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So, we spent our MLE on a $3.2 million Disabled Player Exception?

Sucks for Gallo and the Celts.  No more Pro-Ams, international tournaments, etc., please.

Injuries like that can happen in work outs. just running down the street. But these players should take more time off though. It seems to me from over working.

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2022, 08:05:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Celtics injury season begins...and the offseason isn't even over yet.

Ugh, hoping Gallo recovers fast and that it's not a torn ACL.

Will be down to pick up Carmelo Anthony at this point. Heck, give me any ring-chasing vets who can play backup PF

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2022, 08:25:48 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
It's not funny that he got hurt, but this is some serious gallows humor I'm feeling right now—of COURSE another Celtic suffered a major injury. Of COURSE. Because, why not? This is, after all, the team that has had PUTRID injury luck every year going back to 2009. EVERY. YEAR.

So awesome that camp hasn't even started and we're already dealing with this crap. And it's WAY too late in the offseason to acquire a solid plan-B player.

Gonna be awesome to see the Celtics fall short again because Tatum and Brown are worn out by the time the Finals roll around.

Eh, if Gallo’s knee is a substantial impact on our season we’re probably not as close to a repeat visit to the Finals as it might seem.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2022, 08:34:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Wifey who is a sports PT looked at that pic . Shook her head and walked off.  Ugh.    :-X

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2022, 08:43:54 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1563640702231257088?s=20&t=sB2hdYDAr00QI7d1MPogKQ

Initial exams on Celtics forward Danilo Gallinari’s left knee show that the ACL is stable, full tests to come with an MRI on Sunday, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Good early news.

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2022, 08:47:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1563640702231257088?s=20&t=sB2hdYDAr00QI7d1MPogKQ

Definitely positive news, but it can still be quite serious if it’s one of the other ligaments. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2022, 08:48:12 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I am probably in minority but wouldn’t hate melo. He has accepted his role as vet min guy and we could cover his d better than most teams. Doubt brad will go for it.

He was the first name i thought of when I heard the news. He’d certainly get a lot of playing time while Gallo heals. He’d also have a chance at a ring.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2022, 08:55:08 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

Initial exams on Celtics forward Danilo Gallinari’s left knee show that the ACL is stable, full tests to come with an MRI on Sunday, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Good early news.

That's great.  Those non-contact injuries are always the most concerning.

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2022, 09:09:31 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

In this pic it looks like the medial side of the leg is overstretching - MCL sprain? Or else the lateral meniscus is jammed?
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2022, 09:24:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So, it's basically time to put every NBA player on ice, right? :D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2022, 09:46:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This is why we can’t have nice things!  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2022, 11:02:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Sucks, but I think we all knew he was going to go down at some point as he hasn't missed less than 10 games since his 2nd year over a decade ago.  Dude is 34 and always hurt.  It was always bound to happen.  At least this injury happened before the season so hopefully that limits how many games he misses.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2022, 03:37:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Awful awful awful. This is why it was so vital that the Celtics utilized that TPE if not for anything other than just a large expiring. It would have given us options SMH
The only color that matters is GREEN