Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 110039 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2022, 08:52:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'm not close to giving up on Bill, though I think he's likely to find himself in an 0-4 hole to kick off the season. Won't surprise me if they are mathematically in the WC hunt in Week 15, but I definitely don't expect playoffs this season.  Building for good run next year seems logical to me and I hope that's the trajectory.

Why do you expect them to miss the playoffs this year (after making it last year) and having a good run next season?

It’s an expectation based primarily on starting the year with an offense that has ability but isn’t ready yet, an O-line that needs to make substantial growth, a better division and conference (2 pretty definite losses to Buffalo), and the slow start leading to a likely 0-4 hole.  I believe they’ll get getter but I don’t think they’ll be able to pass a bunch of solid teams in the AFC after starting 0-4.  If they manage to go 2-2 I’ll change my mind quickly and expect them to compete for a playoff spot.
Here's your problem....assuming an 0-4 start. I can easily see 2-2.
easily?  They are slight favorites at Pittsburgh, but Baltimore and Green Bay will both be favored and they already have a loss, so they have to win 2 of those 3 games, and that doesn't seem likely.  Heck the Lions in week 5 won't be easy and even without Watson it won't be easy to win in Cleveland either.  3 of the 4 after that should be wins, but then they go into their last 7 games and I don't think they will be favored in a single one.  I doubt they lose all 7, but it wouldn't be crazy either.  The Patriots offense is just bad, and they will need that offense to beat the high powered offenses they play down the stretch.  The Patriots are a 6 win team at best this year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2022, 09:05:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not close to giving up on Bill, though I think he's likely to find himself in an 0-4 hole to kick off the season. Won't surprise me if they are mathematically in the WC hunt in Week 15, but I definitely don't expect playoffs this season.  Building for good run next year seems logical to me and I hope that's the trajectory.

Why do you expect them to miss the playoffs this year (after making it last year) and having a good run next season?

It’s an expectation based primarily on starting the year with an offense that has ability but isn’t ready yet, an O-line that needs to make substantial growth, a better division and conference (2 pretty definite losses to Buffalo), and the slow start leading to a likely 0-4 hole.  I believe they’ll get getter but I don’t think they’ll be able to pass a bunch of solid teams in the AFC after starting 0-4.  If they manage to go 2-2 I’ll change my mind quickly and expect them to compete for a playoff spot.
easily?  They are slight favorites at Pittsburgh, but Baltimore and Green Bay will both be favored and they already have a loss, so they have to win 2 of those 3 games, and that doesn't seem likely.  Heck the Lions in week 5 won't be easy and even without Watson it won't be easy to win in Cleveland either.  3 of the 4 after that should be wins, but then they go into their last 7 games and I don't think they will be favored in a single one.  I doubt they lose all 7, but it wouldn't be crazy either.  The Patriots offense is just bad, and they will need that offense to beat the high powered offenses they play down the stretch.  The Patriots are a 6 win team at best this year.
Okay, maybe my optimistic fandom went a bit overboard using the descriptor "easily". But, regardless of point spreads, I do see them at 2-2.

« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2022, 09:56:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

I think your Ravens are finally gonna win in Foxboro again for the first time in 10 years. It will be pretty something if the Pats go 2-2 after Week 4

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2022, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Coaches no longer want to work for the Patriots? NBS sports Boston Video.

https://youtu.be/pro0yqO_v7o

« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2022, 10:35:19 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

The patriots are still projected to win between 8 and 9 games this season on fan fuel You could make a real lot of money betting them under 6.5 wins. Just fyi

« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2022, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Even before the season I penciled Baltimore and Green Bay as losses

So boy... the Pats better win this Sunday at least
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2022, 10:38:57 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Also curious how Green Bay looks this weekend. They really put up a stinker week 1.

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2022, 03:24:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Also curious how Green Bay looks this weekend. They really put up a stinker week 1.
Their offence is not on the same page at all.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2022, 08:56:37 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I think Mac is better than he showed last week, but I don't think the offensive uncertainty will do him any favors this season.

Also they need to use Bourne. He had roughly 900 all purpose yards last year and a HUGE amount of those were YAC. I don't think that is a solution to everything, but you don't just exclude that type of talent unless they are causing a huge distraction to the entire franchise. He may be doing that, I don't know. But nothing has come out that indicates it is that level.
#JKJB

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2022, 11:57:35 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Two positives:

1) 6 SB victories= tons of patience earned from fans

2) Pats have a 2nd year QB that shows promise. He was dominant in college and has a high completion rate so far in the NFL

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2022, 11:44:38 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Huge game for the Pats today. Need to get a “W” against Pitt who have Trubisky as their starting QB and no TJ Watt. Conditions look clear, temps in the high 70's/low 80's with little wind. Hopefully NE bounces back...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2022, 01:05:17 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Got Pittsburgh on a 3-and-out...so far a solid start.

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2022, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Bryant got lucky that became a touchback and not a safety or turnover TD...sheesh sticky fingers

« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Nice start for the Pats. Good drive - get the FG and now the pick.  Go Pats.

And give it right back.

« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2022, 02:01:14 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
Man, this Pats offense stinks. The o-line seems to be the main culprit. Mac just has no time to throw. Hardly any of these plays develop organically. Everything feels rushed.