Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Warriors (0-0) The Finals Game #1 6/2/22  (Read 53702 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Warriors (0-0) The Finals Game #1 6/2/22
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2022, 11:48:20 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
An antidote to the Warriors lovefest currently underway provided by Zach Lowe today at ESPN:

The Celtics boast the best postseason scoring margin, and the stingiest postseason defense among teams who advanced past the second round.

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2022, 12:21:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Like I said in the ECF series, I HATE these late start times. 8:30 all ECF, and now most of these Finals Games (except 2) are 9 PM EST. UGH

Get ready for some long nights and staying up until midnight especially since ESPN/ABC will follow script with their pregame shows and the games may not even start until like 9:20

Hope people got some sleep or plan to take a nap this afternoon lol

i am in central time and my sleep patterns are already messed up with these games and all i have going on here. i am tired already. good thing i am not playing.   ;D

oh well we just have to suck it up and be ready.  8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Like I said in the ECF series, I HATE these late start times. 8:30 all ECF, and now most of these Finals Games (except 2) are 9 PM EST. UGH

Get ready for some long nights and staying up until midnight especially since ESPN/ABC will follow script with their pregame shows and the games may not even start until like 9:20

i am in central time and my sleep patterns are already messed up with these games and all i have going on here. i am tired already. good thing i am not playing.   ;D

My time zones are going to be completely messed up this series.

Central for Game 1, Pacific for Game 2, Eastern for games 3-6 if necessary then back to Central for Game 7. 

Gotta love travel.   :P

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2022, 12:36:32 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
In case anyone wants to know the jersey lineup for the Finals.

Good news is white for all home games.  Drives me nuts when they don't wear the home whites at the Garden.

what's the deal with the different uni for the C's in game 5?  seems rather silly

agreed but the black is a great ALTERNATE jersey. The rest of our alternates are trash we wore during season. good to see classic whites and greens for all games but 1.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2022, 12:37:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I feel better about tonight than any of the previous Game 1’s.

Against Brooklyn, I thought we were going to need time to figure them out as Durant and Kyrie would come swinging from the tip. That’s basically what happened but we found a way to win it at the buzzer.

I was worried about rest vs rust against Milwaukee, but liked our odds without Middleton at home. We came out flat, didn’t match the intensity, and lost.

And then there was the scheduled loss in Miami. Even before knowing Smart and Horford would miss the game, the quick turnaround after that grueling series against Milwaukee was a tall task. Started off well but got blown out after the half.

They got the rest they needed while allowing time to prep for Golden State. I wouldn’t be shocked with a slowish start as the soak in the moment of starting the Finals, but I expect them to lock in rather quickly.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:12 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Central for Game 1, Pacific for Game 2, Eastern for games 3-6 if necessary then back to Central for Game 7. 

ugh. i guess part of this is my fault. i stayed up after wins watching NBATV watching highlights and post game interviews at the podium.  :-\ til like midnight most games. ugh.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:42 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Good news is white for all home games.  Drives me nuts when they don't wear the home whites at the Garden.

what's the deal with the different uni for the C's in game 5?  seems rather silly

Wouldn’t be surprised if the NBA (at the behest of Nike, of course) is making them wear an alternate at least once during the Finals.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2022, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I’m getting Stoked…It’s so awesome that the C’s are back in the finals.  :)

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2022, 12:58:41 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Did they just tip us off that Aron Baynes is going to make a surprise appearance?

Maybe they're turning the Finals into the Royal Rumble.  Can't wait to see him walk through that curtain and body slam somebody.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2022, 12:58:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Yup , I’m on the road changing zones and this is my wife’s first vacation in three years .  I am her fetch and step it . 

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hate most teams 3rd stripes. Most suck.

I hate seeing BOS and GSW using their 3rd jerseys in the Finals. It is the frinkin' Finals!!!

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2022, 01:56:36 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've thought, one of the keys going into the series was, who covers RWill (if healthy)?  Looney?  Green?  They both had minus defensive ratings against the C's in the two games this year.  Williams/Horford I think will feast in their matchups which may require GSW to double.  If they can pass out of the double, that should leave some good looks for others.  The bigs are going to play a large role for the C's!

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2022, 02:18:27 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gotta make Curry work

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2022, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I don't think that any regular season games will tell us anything about this series. This whole series will be a whole other animal than in season and the playoffs so far. The Celtics will have to play their asses off to beat this Golden State team but I do think they have the talent to do it.

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
If Rob plays his game the Cs should dominate.  Otherwise it will be a close game.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain