Author Topic: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22  (Read 46742 times)

Re: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Anthony Chiang@Anthony_Chiang

Erik Spoelstra says he will stick with the starting lineup of Lowry, Strus, Butler, Tucker and Adebayo tonight.

A lot of people have said he should sit Lowry.

Lowry was hobbling a ton yesterday, makes me think he'll be limited anyways.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heat/comments/uyjco5/lowry_can_barley_walk/
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Gotta let it all hang out tonight. I'm expecting big games from everyone!

me too. REDEMPTION TIME!

THE REVENGE TOUR CONTINUES

THese are not the kids who choked at home in a game 7 against the cavs in 2018. They are tired of hearing how they blew a 2-0 then 3-2 lead that series. They are tired of hearing how we blew a 3-2 lead in 2012 against the heat.

That is not happening tonight. JT and crew will be mad, angry and ready. They are tired of hearing how this is our 4th ECF in 6 years and still have not made it over the hump.

IT IS PAST TIME.

IT IS OUR TIME

OUR TIME IS NOW!

TD GARDEN will be buzzing and we sill sting the miami heat like a mad hornets nest tonight.

GREEN RUNS DEEP

C US RISE

IT'S NOT LUCK

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

time to put all past demons to bed

TONIGHT

IT IS GOING DOWN

Someone send this man to TD Garden to hype up the team and the crowd  :laugh:

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2022, 01:58:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
They're saying the right things.

Derrick White on people saying series is over: "That's just the nature of the game. You lose 1 game, they think you're done. You win one game, they think you're gonna win it all. So just trying to stay consistent, not get too high, not get too low, not really listening to that."

Grant Williams: "You can't look past a team at any stage. You can't think about the next game, against this team especially. This is a team that is going to come out and give you their best punch. You have to be able to withstand that and compete through it."

What White says is exactly right.  If we don't win game 6, it will switch immediately and all the talk will be about Miami and how tough they are and how they match up with GSW.

All the Celtic's players are saying the right things.  I hope it is more than just talk.  I do have faith in the team but this is a career defining moment.  Probably not the last career defining moment for most of these players but this is still one important one.

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2022, 01:58:28 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Erik Spoelstra says he will stick with the starting lineup of Lowry, Strus, Butler, Tucker and Adebayo tonight.

Gabe Vincent is on the injury report as well, as is Herro of course.  They’re pretty low on options.

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2022, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Gabe Vincent is on the injury report as well, as is Herro of course.  They’re pretty low on options.

So I'm a little confused, because Miami lists a bunch of people including Vincent, Strus, etc. on the injury report and they have basically all series, yet the guy the media says is dealing with the 2nd or 3rd biggest injury on the team (Butler) hasn't been on the injury report since Game 3. Huh??

Meanwhile Strus, Vincent, Tucker and others are still playing their usual minutes during this series.

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2022, 02:26:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Time for Tatum to do it again, like 2012 ECF Game 6 Lebron or 2022 Game 6 "Friday the 13th Jason" Tatum against the Bucks with the season on the line. C's social media seems to agree, Tatum looks all business here lol.

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2022, 02:37:36 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Let’s gooooo!

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2022, 02:52:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The reason so much of the media is saying it's over has been explained pretty thoroughly after the have made the prediction. Health.

Everyone is extremely consistent in saying Butler is injured, not hurting, and can't be what he needs to be. The same thing is being said about Lowry. And Herro hasn't been playing nursing an injury that is usually a 2-4 week recovery period. Those are the reasons Boston will close it out

And I have to agree, especially after watching Lowry and Butler in the 2nd half of game 5.

I'm not nervous at all. Celtics close it out tonight.

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
The reason so much of the media is saying it's over has been explained pretty thoroughly after the have made the prediction. Health.

Everyone is extremely consistent in saying Butler is injured, not hurting, and can't be what he needs to be. The same thing is being said about Lowry. And Herro hasn't been playing nursing an injury that is usually a 2-4 week recovery period. Those are the reasons Boston will close it out

And I have to agree, especially after watching Lowry and Butler in the 2nd half of game 5.

I'm not nervous at all. Celtics close it out tonight.
I’d be nervous even if they were playing a rec center team. That’s just how I roll. I get most nervous when there is something to lose.

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

So I'm a little confused, because Miami lists a bunch of people including Vincent, Strus, etc. on the injury report and they have basically all series, yet the guy the media says is dealing with the 2nd or 3rd biggest injury on the team (Butler) hasn't been on the injury report since Game 3. Huh??

Meanwhile Strus, Vincent, Tucker and others are still playing their usual minutes during this series.

Either Strus or Vincent went to the locker room during Game 5 for some treatment.  I forget which.

Butler is like Tatum.  Obviously hurt, obviously playing.

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Brown has a dominant game tonight, 30+ points, and ends up the inaugural Larry Bird Trophy winner!

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2022, 03:29:52 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
A comparison of the the Jays 5-game stats against the Heat:

mpg   ppg   reb  ast  stl   blk   to   pf
Brown- 37.4  25.0  7.6  2.0  0.6  0.4  3.0  3.4
Tatum- 39.0  23.8  7.8  5.8  1.0  0.6  4.8  2.2

fga     fg%   3pa  3p%  fta   ft%   sh-eff
Brown- 18.6   48.4   7.8   43.6  5.4  66.7   0.58
Tatum- 16.8   42.9   7.4   27.0  8.8  84.1   0.49

I am optimistic that the Cs will win this series and through 5 games I believe Brown would win the Bird trophy.  Go Cs!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2022, 03:31:49 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Either Strus or Vincent went to the locker room during Game 5 for some treatment.  I forget which.

Butler is like Tatum.  Obviously hurt, obviously playing.

It was Strus. He wobbled off the court. I was surprised to see him come back.

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am not going to make a definitive prediction on the game but my feeling is that the Celtics will have balanced scoring, no one player is going to "go off".  Tatum and Brown will be 20 points or so.  Smart and Horford in the 15 range.  White, Grant, Rob, Pritchard will all pitch in something meaningful.

I was sorting through some stats and I found an interesting sort on Jaylen Brown.  In the 4th quarter, in the first 5 games of this series, Jaylen Brown is shooting 81% overall and 82% from 3.  He leads the team with 9.8 pts per game in the 4th.

Theis 67% (and not all garbage time), Smart (67%), and Horford (60%) are also killing it in the 4th.  Pritchard is the second highest scorer in the 4th with 5.3 pts per game.  Daniel Theis is averaging more minutes (6.1) and more points (2.3) in the 4th than RWill (5.7 min/0.5 pts).  RWill has only played in the 4th in 2 games and it appears that he is wearing down.

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2022, 03:55:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I am not going to make a definitive prediction on the game but my feeling is that the Celtics will have balanced scoring, no one player is going to "go off".  Tatum and Brown will be 20 points or so.  Smart and Horford in the 15 range.  White, Grant, Rob, Pritchard will all pitch in something meaningful.

I was sorting through some stats and I found an interesting sort on Jaylen Brown.  In the 4th quarter, in the first 5 games of this series, Jaylen Brown is shooting 81% overall and 82% from 3.  He leads the team with 9.8 pts per game in the 4th.

Theis 67% (and not all garbage time), Smart (67%), and Horford (60%) are also killing it in the 4th.  Pritchard is the second highest scorer in the 4th with 5.3 pts per game.  Daniel Theis is averaging more minutes (6.1) and more points (2.3) in the 4th than RWill (5.7 min/0.5 pts).  RWill has only played in the 4th in 2 games and it appears that he is wearing down.

Yeah Jaylen has insane numbers in the 4th. He's taken over the mantle from Isaiah Thomas as the King of the 4th here lol. But overall this team is definitely proving they can close out close games late. A few losses, yes, but one of the criticisms was if they could close out close games and they've done that often in the playoffs. The scores might look like "blowouts" for some of the games but in reality, they were tied/close late and then the C's went on a run to put it away.

I think Timelord's lack of playing in the 4th recently has more to do with the C's having a decent lead and the C's not trying to risk anything. Horford's played a lot of those 4th quarter minutes.