Author Topic: Standing against Asian Hate  (Read 14835 times)

Re: Standing against Asian Hate
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2021, 09:54:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Defendant: “i have a sex addiction issue strongly conflicting with my morality. It got me kicked out of my house, put in rehab and essentially ruined my life. I wanted the problem to go away. That’s why I shot those Asian white and Spanish people at the rub and tugs.

Police: “This is tied to mental illness and sex addiction struggles, this was a a place the defendant frequented. There is no evidence of discrimination.”

Mainstream and Social Media: #StopAsianHate #Racism #alm

I'm not 100% sure what your primary point is.   I think it's about equally as absurd to rule out the possibility that there was a racial factor involved as it is to be certain that a racial factor was involved.

Yes -- sides jump to conclusions with only bits of information.  It's the world we're in.  But it's absurd, IMO, for anyone to be certain about the underlying motivation for this crime.  At this point it's probably most on point to say that it is another tragic mass killing by a disturbed individual who took 8 lives and devastated families.  Time will tell re: his motive.

I’m not seeing a point either- no actually I do, it’s obvious.

But let’s examine it anyway:

Defendant - is a crazy murderer, let’s trust his version of events!

Police - say it’s sex addiction, yet they also said this “He’s just having a bad day.”

What should be obvious

1- the guy hated and blamed women - check.
2- the guy fetishized Asian women - check.
3- the guy sought out women in their place of work and murdered them, primarily Asian women. - check.

That’s 3 hate box checks. How is this NOT a hate crime?

He didn’t accidentally pick these places. He knew who worked there. He could have gone to places that didn’t employ Asians, but he didn’t. He chose places that were primarily Asian. Yes, non-Asians and non-female victims also died as the result of his actions. They weren’t his intended targets.
It's not a hate crime because... he said so!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2021, 10:08:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He didn’t accidentally pick these places. He knew who worked there. He could have gone to places that didn’t employ Asians, but he didn’t. He chose places that were primarily Asian.

Excuse my ignorance, but aren’t most of the workers in these “massage” Asian?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2021, 10:10:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He didn’t accidentally pick these places. He knew who worked there. He could have gone to places that didn’t employ Asians, but he didn’t. He chose places that were primarily Asian.

Wasn't he a frequenter of other establishments, not just 'massage parlours'? Not sure if I'm totally misremembering or not
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Wasn't he a frequenter of other establishments, not just 'massage parlours'? Not sure if I'm totally misremembering or not

I haven’t heard that, but perhaps.  Atlanta’s mayor indicated that he may have been headed to Florida to attack a p0rn company.

It seems like a mix of mental illness and guilt and religion, and something in this guy’s brain told him the solution to his problems was to slaughter those he blamed for his sins.  It’s a warped mindset.  I don’t think there’s ever a great explanation for mass shootings.  Ultimately, they’re a combination of mentally ill people full of rage / hatred having access to guns.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes