Author Topic: Report: Teams at top of draft asking about Brown trade  (Read 5262 times)

Re: Report: Teams at top of draft asking about Brown trade
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we're really high on Garland, I could see something like:

Brown, #20, #22
<==>
Garland, future 1st (NO/ CLE/ PHO)

Rolls a wing about to get paid into a PG on his rookie deal, and another future asset to go with the MEM19 pick.
I'd puke if that happened.  I have doubts Morant will be as good as Brown.   hope like hell Danny hold onto Brown instead of making a reckless trade for pick in this draft.
I think Morant is definitely a better prospect than Brown as it stands, as I think he can develop into a perennial All-Star type point guard. Sort of like a more athletic Rondo.

But I wouldn't want to move Brown for Garland, even though I am high on Garland. I'd rather see if we can make our wing trio work
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 11:00:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If we're really high on Garland, I could see something like:

Brown, #20, #22
<==>
Garland, future 1st (NO/ CLE/ PHO)

Rolls a wing about to get paid into a PG on his rookie deal, and another future asset to go with the MEM19 pick.
I'd puke if that happened.  I have doubts Morant will be as good as Brown.   hope like hell Danny hold onto Brown instead of making a reckless trade for pick in this draft.
I think Morant is definitely a better prospect than Brown as it stands, as I think he can develop into a perennial All-Star type point guard. Sort of like a more athletic Rondo.

But I wouldn't want to move Brown for Garland, even though I am high on Garland. I'd rather see if we can make our wing trio work
I don't see it with Morant being better than Brown.  we'll see how that plays out in a few years

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 11:03:30 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
If Memphis asked for Brown, their pick back, and the 14th pick for #2.... I wonder if Ainge would bite.

Maybe Memphis isn’t completely sold on Morant and really want their pick back to go into full tank mode while still netting a guy with all-star potential.

If we can include Yabu, we will still have a near-max slot.

Morant
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Vucevic?

That said, no way this happens.
Do you really believe Memphis would trade Conley to Utah, if they weren't going to take Jah? Zion to New Orleans and Morant to Memphis might be the only things you can count on happening in this draft.

Did you miss my last line. I don’t expect it to happen one bit. Just wondering what type of deal could possibly make some sense for both teams.

Don’t think Celtics move Brown for even Barrett. I guess maybe for #4 would make some sense for NO, as Brown would be a good fit with Ball, Ingram, and Zion. But I can’t see Celtics liking anyone at 4 more than Brown (even if we got back Holiday).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 11:55:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Memphis asked for Brown, their pick back, and the 14th pick for #2.... I wonder if Ainge would bite.

Maybe Memphis isn’t completely sold on Morant and really want their pick back to go into full tank mode while still netting a guy with all-star potential.

Morant
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Vucevic?

Do you really believe Memphis would trade Conley to Utah, if they weren't going to take Jah? Zion to New Orleans and Morant to Memphis might be the only things you can count on happening in this draft.

Did you miss my last line. I don’t expect it to happen one bit. Just wondering what type of deal could possibly make some sense for both teams.

Don’t think Celtics move Brown for even Barrett. I guess maybe for #4 would make some sense for NO, as Brown would be a good fit with Ball, Ingram, and Zion. But I can’t see Celtics liking anyone at 4 more than Brown (even if we got back Holiday).
My bad, I actually did miss the last line. TP.

But my point stands. You were aware that Conley was moved, were you not? If you were aware, why even bother spitballing a trade that includes Memphis since they publicly stated they were taking Morant and also just traded their long time PG?

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2019, 12:17:42 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Morant
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Vucevic?

My bad, I actually did miss the last line. TP.

But my point stands. You were aware that Conley was moved, were you not? If you were aware, why even bother spitballing a trade that includes Memphis since they publicly stated they were taking Morant and also just traded their long time PG?

I’m aware Conley got dealt, but that doesn’t necessarily mean only because they want to draft Morant (I did not know they publicly stated they were drafting him).

He’s still a good player and simply doesn’t fit in their timeline anymore and even if they were taking Zion or Barrett I could see them moving on from Conley, just like them dealing Gasol this past season.
CELTICS 2024