Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53037 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2019, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
How worried are people here about what the other East teams did?

Maybe I'm delusional, but I still think Boston can beat all these teams. I don't know. Without LeBron, there's just no team I think offers an insurmountable challenge.

I'm with you. The Celtics have arguably the best closer in the game with Kyrie, and to top that off, he is also a proven playoff performer. I don't think the value of Kyrie in the playoffs can be overlooked. Not every team has a legit closer. The team has been trending in the right direction and are currently the #3 seed. Maybe the Celtics big acquisition is already on the roster in Hayward, where we're just waiting for him to get back into form before the playoffs start.

« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2019, 04:33:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I still think Boston can beat all these teams. I don't know. Without LeBron, there's just no team I think offers an insurmountable challenge.

I'm just as scared of every team as I was before the trades.

Milwaukee: Very scared but confident
Toronto: Concerned but will believe it when I see it
Philly: Completely unworried, I refuse to respect them til they earn it.

« Reply #377 on: February 07, 2019, 04:36:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

@wojespn
 27s27 seconds ago
More
Orlando is trading for Markelle Fultz, league source tells ESPN.

@wojespn
The Magic are sending Jonathan Simmons, a first-round and a second-round pick to the Sixers, per sources.
Amazed Philly got that much for Fultz but can't think of a more demonstrative way to show how far and fast a number pick's stock can drop.   

Can't help myself from snickering at some poster's comments over the summer and during the season that they 'knew' Fultz' value was as high or higher than Tatum's or Brown's on the trade market when the talk was about what it would take to get Kawhi.   ::)
The Hawks were also interested in Fultz so I expect that drove up the price some.

The 1st is also top-20 protected I believe so it wasn't quite as big a return as it looked.
How is one of the worst players in the NBA a top 20 protected pick and a second rounder considered worth anything? I would be bummed if we had gotten that little for 3 months of Rozier.

« Reply #378 on: February 07, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The only team that worries me is Milwaukee. Their point differential (currently +10.2) is absurd and they just added yet another shooter to put on the floor with Giannis.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #379 on: February 07, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

The only team that worries me is Milwaukee. Their point differential (currently +10.2) is absurd and they just added yet another shooter to put on the floor with Giannis.

The Bucks got a shooting big and a versatile Defender in Johnson.   They are well positioned for the playoffs!

« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The Bucks got a shooting big and a versatile Defender in Johnson.   They are well positioned for the playoffs!

Johnson was traded in the deal for Mirotic.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #381 on: February 07, 2019, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
There were so many trades I can't keep track!

« Reply #382 on: February 07, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Johnson was traded in the deal for Mirotic.

Oh, Really? I thought Johnson was the better fit.

« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

@wojespn
 27s27 seconds ago
More
Orlando is trading for Markelle Fultz, league source tells ESPN.

@wojespn
The Magic are sending Jonathan Simmons, a first-round and a second-round pick to the Sixers, per sources.
Amazed Philly got that much for Fultz but can't think of a more demonstrative way to show how far and fast a number pick's stock can drop.   

Can't help myself from snickering at some poster's comments over the summer and during the season that they 'knew' Fultz' value was as high or higher than Tatum's or Brown's on the trade market when the talk was about what it would take to get Kawhi.   ::)
The Hawks were also interested in Fultz so I expect that drove up the price some.

The 1st is also top-20 protected I believe so it wasn't quite as big a return as it looked.
How is one of the worst players in the NBA a top 20 protected pick and a second rounder considered worth anything? I would be bummed if we had gotten that little for 3 months of Rozier.
Funny you were saying no team would give them even a late 1st for Fultz.  This was a salary dump since Simmons only has 1M guaranteed next season but they also got a probable late 1st and good 2nd too.  If the late 1st and 2nd in this deal that the Sixers got aren't worth anything, then the late 1st and 2nds they gave up in the Harris deal aren't worth anything either. 

« Reply #384 on: February 07, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The first round picks in the Harris trade are much better. Expected since Harris is an actual good player.

Lottery protected Philly first with Three shots to convey before becoming 2nds.
Unprotected Miami pick

Vs.

2020 OKC pick top 20 protected, if doesn’t convey that year then becomes two 2nds

« Reply #385 on: February 07, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is it really much to be chest puffing about that the return on an overall #1 draft pick in a trade less than two season later was Jonathon Simmons, a top 20 protected first rounder & a 2nd rounder?

That's pretty horrendous by any standards.

As Ja Rule once said, someone got "bamboozled" at draft time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #386 on: February 07, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
The first round picks in the Harris trade are much better. Expected since Harris is an actual good player.

Unprotected Miami pick

Vs.

2020 OKC pick top 20 protected, if doesn’t convey that year then becomes two 2nds
Don't know why you bring up the unprotected Miami pick when I specifically referred to the late 1st in the Harris  trade.  The lottery protect Philly 1st is very likely to be a late 1st in 2020 which is essentially the same as the OKC pick. 

« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Well, we did trade Bird.

« Reply #388 on: February 07, 2019, 05:11:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Unprotected Miami pick

Vs.

Don't know why you bring up the unprotected Miami pick when I specifically referred to the late 1st in the Harris  trade.  The lottery protect Philly 1st is very likely to be a late 1st in 2020 which is essentially the same as the OKC pick.

3 chances on a stacked team to become a 1st is much safer than 1 chance with heftier protection

The Harris deal wouldn’t have been a very good haul for LAC without the Miami pick imo. That was the prize, not a late 1st. Late 1sts have been used to get people to take on salary this trade deadline and the previous few years.

« Reply #389 on: February 07, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Is it really much to be chest puffing about that the return on an overall #1 draft pick in a trade less than two season later was Jonathon Simmons, a top 20 protected first rounder & a 2nd rounder?

That's pretty horrendous by any standards.

As Ja Rule once said, someone got "bamboozled" at draft time.
People on here have hilarious takes.  Nobody is chest puffing.  The Sixers made the best that they could out of a bad situation.  Since Fultz still hasn't started practicing again, his value during the offseason would almost certainly have been lower. 

That one who got bamboozled was Colangelo and he was also the idiot that traded the OKC protected pick to the Magic for some Euro center who had a slim to none chance of being an NBA player.  The Fultz trade is certainly better than the fake 1st trade that Colangelo did to get rid of Noel.