Author Topic: Trade idea: Otto Porter + reunite Morris twins in Boston  (Read 4087 times)

Re: Trade idea: Otto Porter + reunite Morris twins in Boston
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Why would Washington want Hayward?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Because teams always trade rotation guys for a guys coming back from injury.  JK  I agree some of these trades are not realistic.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Because teams always trade rotation guys for a guys coming back from injury.  JK  I agree some of these trades are not realistic.
because

- according to Woj the Wizards want to reshape their roster
Quote from: Adrian Wojnarowski
Washington's preference remains to reshape the team around Wall and Beal

- in a vacuum, Hayward is considered a better player than Porter

EDIT: Maybe a way to keep the Sac pick and keeping with the theme of the thread of reuniting the twins:

To Boston: Beal, Morris

To Wash: Hayward, Rozier
I don't think the Wiz would do it.

- They already have Wall. What's the point in investing a lot of money in a backup point guard? (given that Rozier will ask for a big contract next summer)
- Hayward would be a bad fit next to Porter. That's why I believe they wouldn't be interested in the Hayward+Kings pick offer either.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:27:08 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'm just going to leave this here

https://hoopshype.com/player/otto-porter/
Quote from: hoopshype via The Athletic
No team has been accused of falling short of expectations for longer than Washington, and a 5-11 start was enough to spark a no-punches-pulled practice session on Nov. 20 in which players’ frustrations flew all over the floor. Yet while the Wizards’ front office has been open to discussing any and all members of their core, their Dec. 16 trade with Phoenix for Trevor Ariza signaled (once again) a pivot toward prioritizing playoff contention rather than rebuilding (and no, we’re not going into even bother getting into the tale of two Brookses). For all the focus on the idea of John Wall (too expensive) or Bradley Beal (too good) being traded, it’s small forward Otto Porter who appears most likely to be dealt before the Feb. 7 deadline.

I know he's missed the last 7 games due to injury, but according to the media it's nothing to worry about (grade II strain of his right Vastus medialis which is a muscle that’s part of the quadriceps and extends to the knee).

Assuming Porter is available, I'd love us to trade for him. I guess CBS wouldn't be in favor of trading Hayward, but in a vacuum it may be a good trade for the C's.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb8d68qp
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:29:11 PM by Jvalin »