Author Topic: So what's the deal with Bosh? Is he a potential mid-season pick-up?  (Read 2858 times)

Re: So what's the deal with Bosh? Is he a potential mid-season pick-up?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's like 32 with bajillions of dollars and two rings. Why is it so hard for him to walk away? Did he gamble it all or blow it all? He wants to risk his life to keep playing? Why?
love of the game
Can't play it, watch it, or coach it if you're dead.
I haven't really paid too much attention to what his specific condition is, but you can't fault the guy for not giving up.  If his doctors give him a green light to play, it should mean he's healthy enough to play.  He's got plenty of time after age 40 to transition to whatever he's going to do with the rest of his (hopefully long) life.  I was really impressed with him when he was on the "Any Given Wednesday" show some weeks back.  He came across intelligent, thoughtful, and on-point.  He's definitely got a role as a media guy whenever he decides to take it.   But in the meantime, why not do everything he can to keep the NBA dream going.  He's got a small window of being able to play ball professionally before Father time rips that from him.  As long as he's not putting himself at risk of death, like you say, you can't blame him for continuing to pursue it.

i dont think any team doctor would ever clear him. the risk of having him collapse on the court would be too horrible. also, he is clearly in denial right now. he has to realize, this is his LIFE that's at stake. if it was 1 blood clot, sure. but its multiple times now. clearly, its not something thats gonna go away. hes already 32 years old, he has, what, 2 or 3 more seasons of good production? then hes gonna fall off. its not worth the risk. he should just call it quits.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He's like 32 with bajillions of dollars and two rings. Why is it so hard for him to walk away? Did he gamble it all or blow it all? He wants to risk his life to keep playing? Why?
love of the game
Can't play it, watch it, or coach it if you're dead.
I haven't really paid too much attention to what his specific condition is, but you can't fault the guy for not giving up.  If his doctors give him a green light to play, it should mean he's healthy enough to play.  He's got plenty of time after age 40 to transition to whatever he's going to do with the rest of his (hopefully long) life.  I was really impressed with him when he was on the "Any Given Wednesday" show some weeks back.  He came across intelligent, thoughtful, and on-point.  He's definitely got a role as a media guy whenever he decides to take it.   But in the meantime, why not do everything he can to keep the NBA dream going.  He's got a small window of being able to play ball professionally before Father time rips that from him.  As long as he's not putting himself at risk of death, like you say, you can't blame him for continuing to pursue it.

i dont think any team doctor would ever clear him. the risk of having him collapse on the court would be too horrible. also, he is clearly in denial right now. he has to realize, this is his LIFE that's at stake. if it was 1 blood clot, sure. but its multiple times now. clearly, its not something thats gonna go away. hes already 32 years old, he has, what, 2 or 3 more seasons of good production? then hes gonna fall off. its not worth the risk. he should just call it quits.
Im sure hes in denial, and I absolutely understand why.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
We actually signed Darius Miles after he was declared medically unfit to play by a team if memory serves correct

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 08:54:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No one is going to let him on TV in a contact sport .  It could be fatal with out his medicine in his system.  If I was golf or tennis.   Won't work in a heavy contact sport.

Like hockey?

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/hockey/nhl/more-hockey-players-being-diagnosed-with-blood-clots-than-ever-1.2976686

If hockey players can play in a much more contact-heavy sport, Bosh will find some team to clear him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes