Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 33270 times)

tenn_smoothie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2024, 05:26:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
FWIW, they never announced the Grade of Giannis' sprain but a handful rumored it to be Grade 2, which has a 3-6 week timeline. It's been 3 weeks since his injury.

IF Porzingis does have Grade 1, that means it could be 1 to 3 weeks MAX which could even mean he can return during the 2nd round (best case scenario). But I'd play it safe regardless.

I can't imagine they'd report this and say it on the injury report if there was actually an Achilles tear or something more serious. We may have dodged a bullet, KP should be back at some point UNLESS we somehow get bounced this series or next round.

I don't think this is true. There was rampant speculation he's be back by game three or four in that series, which does not at all fit the timetable of a grade 2 strain.

Yeah they never announced it, it was rumored. I could be wrong but if Giannis doesn't play tonight then it'll be 3+ weeks which would put it more towards a Grade 2 timeline.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2024, 05:33:01 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 562
FWIW, they never announced the Grade of Giannis' sprain but a handful rumored it to be Grade 2, which has a 3-6 week timeline. It's been 3 weeks since his injury.

IF Porzingis does have Grade 1, that means it could be 1 to 3 weeks MAX which could even mean he can return during the 2nd round (best case scenario). But I'd play it safe regardless.

I can't imagine they'd report this and say it on the injury report if there was actually an Achilles tear or something more serious. We may have dodged a bullet, KP should be back at some point UNLESS we somehow get bounced this series or next round.

I don't think this is true. There was rampant speculation he's be back by game three or four in that series, which does not at all fit the timetable of a grade 2 strain.

Yeah they never announced it, it was rumored. I could be wrong but if Giannis doesn't play tonight then it'll be 3+ weeks which would put it more towards a Grade 2 timeline.

Three weeks is sort of right on the border for this strain type. Three weeks is the bare minimum you miss for a grade two strain, and given the way the reporting sounded right after the injury if they thought there was any chance he'd play in the Pacer's series it was likely a grade one strain.

« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2024, 05:34:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly I'm more than happy if it just means he misses the 2nd round and maybe early ECF. The way it looked yesterday, it felt like he could be officially done the rest of the year.

And frankly, if we can't beat CLE/ORL without Porzingis (w/everyone else healthy) then that's our own fault and a sign this team wasn't gonna do it. There should still be no excuses not to get out of the East even if KP misses time.

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2024, 05:35:31 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 701
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thank goodness they have an Al who is pretty well rested. Time for Joe break the glass on Tillman.

« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2024, 05:42:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
So we are going to need to add some players to the rotation. It appears some, maybe most of the minutes will go to Kornet. I would like to see Tillman get a shot too.  See what he can do. He didn’t do much in the regular season.

Horford with the starters is fine. The downgrade is whoever replaces Horford’s role off the bench. Pritchard and Hauser are already starting to show some limitations. The bench just got a whole lot worse.

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2024, 07:08:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2556
Thank goodness they have an Al who is pretty well rested. Time for Joe break the glass on Tillman.

It’s huge to have Al. However, can’t overplay him. Rested Al can become tired Al quickly. I think starting X or Luke has to be considered. I realize not wanting to fall behind is a factor but with Miami’s injuries and the Cs talent, they should be able to get off to a good start without starting Al. I’m likely wrong - Al will star - but I do fear having Al on the court for too many minutes. Would rather have his leg’s available at the end.

« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2024, 07:15:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 701
  • MASTER OF PANIC
You know Joe will stick with the double bigs so we will see Al with Kornet and/or X

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2024, 08:05:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Honestly I'm more than happy if it just means he misses the 2nd round and maybe early ECF. The way it looked yesterday, it felt like he could be officially done the rest of the year.

And frankly, if we can't beat CLE/ORL without Porzingis (w/everyone else healthy) then that's our own fault and a sign this team wasn't gonna do it. There should still be no excuses not to get out of the East even if KP misses time.
Yep. Al, Kornet, and Tillman should be able to hold it down the the 2nd round.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2024, 09:03:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Jrue Holiday and our wings are also tall too, it's not like they are all midgets. It's not ideal but for brief stretches they can also play PF/C depending on matchups and rotations.

« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2024, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
This is IF Boston wins Game 5, but if they go 6 or 7 it's probably the latter anyways:

« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2024, 12:25:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
This is IF Boston wins Game 5, but if they go 6 or 7 it's probably the latter anyways:

So you are saying we should loose a couple of game to MIA on purpose to give Porzingis more time to rest?

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2024, 12:25:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

So ultimately Games 3 through 7 are going to end up on the same dates no matter what happens?

I would assume that KP is out of both Games 1 and 2 no matter what when those games are played..

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2024, 12:35:48 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
You know Joe will stick with the double bigs so we will see Al with Kornet and/or X

I see the starting, closing, and overall most used line up to be:

White
Holiday
Brown
Tatum
Horford

That is easy.  Still a 1-big line up.  The problem is when Horford is not on the court.  You can maybe stretch Horford to 32 minutes, but for the remaining 16, you are not going to want to go with only 1 of Kornet, Tillman, or Queta, I don't think.  Whether Horford is on the court as the 1-big, or with one of the others, what do you do when Horford isn't on the court?  I don't really want to see Queta and Tillman out there together.

When Horford is out, you definitely are going to need Tatum on the floor.  Through the regular season, their are a fair amount of minutes where Kornet was the 1-big, in non-garbage time rotation minutes.  His +/- isn't that bad.  We are probably going to need to see some of that tonight.  Maybe they try Queta as the 1 big with the starters for some spot minutes.  I wouldn't so Tillman as the 1 big.

Is there a prop bet for over/under Kornet 3PA?  I am guessing we see at least 1.

« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

So you are saying we should loose a couple of game to MIA on purpose to give Porzingis more time to rest?

Don't think it matters. Like Roy said, after Game 2 the schedule pretty much resets anyways and is the same regardless.

« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2024, 08:51:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745

Jrue Holiday and our wings are also tall too, it's not like they are all midgets. It's not ideal but for brief stretches they can also play PF/C depending on matchups and rotations.
TP.

Whichever of the J's you consider the PF means the big minutes should be well covered at least to the ECF. Maybe all the way to the Finals.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008