Author Topic: CP3 and Ray  (Read 3260 times)

CP3 and Ray
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
was it just me or was CP3 fouling hard last night? It seemed to me that there were quite a few plays last night where CP3 could have hurt someone on the Cs...

unfortunately, he ended up getting Ray....

Looks to me that this season is starting to get to him.

Re: CP3 and Ray
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I don't know about that, but by my calculations, CP3 carried the ball 1,276 times last night.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
He was acting like a whiny little brat too.  He expected every call to go his way.  He complained after every obvious foul he committed like he should be able to do whatever he wanted without getting calls go against him. ::)  I didn't know CP3 was like that.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Chris Paul is a mean/dirty player. He fouls hard, will take cheap shots if he's mad, and uses a lot of tricks to try and draw fouls or to create contact. Then he works the refs over for it. I actually like all those things about him  ;).

The only reason I don't completely love his game is that he dominates the ball to a ridiculous extent. I got so mad at the announcers calling his offensive game "great offensive" last night on a position I gave myself a stinger in my right hand.

The play in question he just called for 3 high picks and dribbled for 22 seconds and then shot a jump shot after Rondo slipped after going over the pick for the third time. 20 seconds of holding the ball in the third quarter to get an 18 foot jump shot? How the hell do you call that great offense....

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:22:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's a guy they say is such a great person off the court, but i agree, he is whiney brat on the court.  He's always been a bit of a punk too.  Remember him kicking the guy on the floor in college?  Kicked him in the genitals if i remember correctly.  I love his game but he'll be a great player that I root against if he continues like this.  It seems like he thinks he can give cheap shots and because he's the little guy, nobody is going to mess with him.  He gave a cheap shot to KG but KG didn't respond.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:42:28 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM
Here's a clip of CP3 punching Julius Hodge in the...  uhm...  "wedding vegetables."

(sorry, I've been watching too much Top Gear)

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup, I think by the team his career is over he will be renowned as a nasty on the court kinda guy - easpecially if last year is as far as his teams ever get in the playoffs.  Public perception: If you win playing like that you're hard nosed - if you lose, you're dirty.

He's racking up a bunch of T's this year too. 

Yup

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
I like a hard-nosed player as much as the next guy. Perk is one of my favorites on the team. and i loved when Rondo went nose to nose with Kobe and nary a blink from Rondo...

I generally like that about CP3s game too, but it looked liked he was in frustration mode last night that had nothing to do with the Cs and Ray got hurt because of it...

I'm not sure if it happened, but i hope someone let him know that if he didn't cut that crap out his next trip into the lane was not going to be pleasant. ala Tommy...

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Personally I think Rondo frustrates him and his own team is starting to get to him as well.

And is it just me, or does he lower his shoulder into people more than anyone and get away with it?  Screw it...we swept him.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
carlton was an annoying little prima donna brat last night, Im not a fan of his at all, he was honestly acting like a chick on her period
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
Personally I think Rondo frustrates him and his own team is starting to get to him as well.

And is it just me, or does he lower his shoulder into people more than anyone and get away with it?  Screw it...we swept him.

i agree on boh counts. Rondo is getting craftier and craftier, but CP3s attitude last night seemed much more to do with his own team than the Cs, but we ended up paying the price.

I hope Ray is okay and there is no tear....thumbs can be a big pain in the ass for shooters and we need Ray in primo form.

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:48 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
From watching the body language before/after games it appears JP is still close with members on the C's,especially Paul.I bet that doesn't set well with CP3 also.He looks like a whinny kid when things are not going his way.I wish i was a fly on those locker room walls after the game.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
hes a stumpy little doofus. thats all i kept saying last night, he looks like a Giant mopey 5 year old.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
uses a lot of tricks to try and draw fouls or to create contact. Then he works the refs over for it. I actually like all those things about him  ;).

Sounds a little like Paul Pierce.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 01:28:56 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I've never quite seen a guard throw his body into the defense to draw fouls like he did last night.  Very annoying.
Jay Wingspan Bilas