Author Topic: Sam v. Pruitt  (Read 3761 times)

Re: Sam v. Pruitt
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 07:09:14 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The thought of Marbury being a playoff hero on this years Celtics team is pure nausea for me. :'(

OTOH I will take the medicine and deal with it, if we win another title. ;D
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Re: Sam v. Pruitt
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Hmmm....let's see, severely aged Sam Cassell, who will likely be unable to play little or no defense against opposing 1 or 2 guards, paired with one trick pony, dagger throwing Eddie House, who struggles defensively against decent back-up point guards and who would absolutely get destroyed by almost every backup 2 guard in the league.  And we're thinking of putting these two no-defense chuckers in the same backcourt on a team that was built on defense???? 

Mark it down, Pruitt will play in the backcourt now that TA has suffered another injury.  We just can't change the entire makeup of our team to accommodate a backcourt of chuckers, chuckers who can't defend their natural positions and who would put the rest of the defense at a huge disadvantage, leading to early foul trouble among other calamities.   

Cassell's value is as a shotmaker coming off the bench.  Barring injury, we aren't going to see him unless House is struggling to make shots.  And if we do see him, he'll be flanked by another guard who actually defends.
all stated perfectly, i'll add that pruitt is actually a good defender and can play sg or pg