Author Topic: My vacation to Boston. What should I do?  (Read 8584 times)

Re: My vacation to Boston. What should I do?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I've had one rule that has worked well for me on every vacation, no matter where it has been:

Drink heavily!

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Again, OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE !!!. Best food ever.

Why though, it's not like Boston is the only place to find an Outback. He should be trying things or going to places that are only in Boston.

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Don't drive if your not from Boston. Take the T. Go to No Name Seafood, Kelly's on Revere Beach.  Durgin Park in Faneuil Hall.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The vacation has been great so far; the Dropkick Murphys concert was total madness, and Wednesday's game was pretty exciting (as was high-fiving Wyc).  We also went to the Sam Adams brewery, walked around some of your fine universities, and scaled the Bunker Hill Monument.

So if we wanted to watch the Spurs game, which would be the best place to go - Sports Depot, one of the bars by the TD Banknorth Garden, or somewhere else?
Thanks for keeping us updated, I was curious to hear about what you decided to do....

Assuming you are also looking for something to do tonight (Memphis game), for places around TD Banknorth, I will shamelessly quote myself:
Second, there are a bunch of bars that cater to different tastes near the TD Banknorth Garden, so you can check those out on game night.  Boston Beerworks is good if you like microbrew, Sullivans tap is good if you like cheap booze, McGann’s is good if you like politics (there are pictures of John Kerry and William Weld drinking pints after running against each other in the 1996 Senate elections). 

Other places to consider that are slightly off the beaten path: Squeeling Pig off Huntington Ave near Northeastern.
Doyle's as has been mentioned before.
Harvard square area -- I can't recommend any place in particular, but it is worth walking around a bit -- I am sure there is some sort of sports bar around there that will show the Cs game.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
The vacation has been great so far; the Dropkick Murphys concert was total madness, and Wednesday's game was pretty exciting (as was high-fiving Wyc).  We also went to the Sam Adams brewery, walked around some of your fine universities, and scaled the Bunker Hill Monument.

So if we wanted to watch the Spurs game, which would be the best place to go - Sports Depot, one of the bars by the TD Banknorth Garden, or somewhere else?
Thanks for keeping us updated, I was curious to hear about what you decided to do....

Assuming you are also looking for something to do tonight (Memphis game), for places around TD Banknorth, I will shamelessly quote myself:
Second, there are a bunch of bars that cater to different tastes near the TD Banknorth Garden, so you can check those out on game night.  Boston Beerworks is good if you like microbrew, Sullivans tap is good if you like cheap booze, McGann’s is good if you like politics (there are pictures of John Kerry and William Weld drinking pints after running against each other in the 1996 Senate elections). 

Other places to consider that are slightly off the beaten path: Squeeling Pig off Huntington Ave near Northeastern.
Doyle's as has been mentioned before.
Harvard square area -- I can't recommend any place in particular, but it is worth walking around a bit -- I am sure there is some sort of sports bar around there that will show the Cs game.

The Pig! What a great little bar! Did you go to NU or did you just stumble accross it? I haven't been there in a while though because a few of my friends are banned. It gets a little crazy on Thursdays there.