Author Topic: STMs: What has been your resale experience for playoffs?  (Read 575 times)

bdm860, President Red, jambr380 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 946
Spending a lot of time watching the Celtics on airplanes, so I have been reselling some of my games. Demand has been virtually zero and prices are significantly less than they were last year. Anyone have similar experiences? Not sure if it's "playoff fatigue" from the Celtics, or there is an assumption that they are going to the finals this year, so the earlier rounds aren't important. Or have people simply been priced out? Some of the asks I see out there are outrageous.

Mike

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:07:43 PM by mef730 »

Re: STMs: What has been your resale experience for playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:26:58 PM »

Online bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4598
My perspective as someone who buys seats on the resale market, it's a combination of a lot of things (price, playoff fatigue, and waiting for the Finals), but the primary one for me is a lack of a marquee opponent.

I think demand would be different if the C's faced a healthy Jimmy Butler in Round 1, followed by healthy 60-win Sixers or Bucks.

But the C's playoff opponents so far have felt like a Wednesday night game in January against a lottery team.  Not to disrespect the C's opponents, but the expected good game/series against a formidable opponent who is a threat to beat the team in 7 just isn't there (at least not yet, and hopefully never).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:05:43 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
My perspective as someone who buys seats on the resale market, it's a combination of a lot of things (price, playoff fatigue, and waiting for the Finals), but the primary one for me is a lack of a marquee opponent.

I think demand would be different if the C's faced a healthy Jimmy Butler in Round 1, followed by healthy 60-win Sixers or Bucks.

But the C's playoff opponents so far have felt like a Wednesday night game in January against a lottery team.  Not to disrespect the C's opponents, but the expected good game/series against a formidable opponent who is a threat to beat the team in 7 just isn't there (at least not yet, and hopefully never).

Thanks, that's sort of where I'm coming out, as well. There are still a lot of tickets available for tonight (granted, the game is in 2 hrs) and at least a few that are priced below my estimate of face value.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:01:12 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

Thanks, that's sort of where I'm coming out, as well. There are still a lot of tickets available for tonight (granted, the game is in 2 hrs) and at least a few that are priced below my estimate of face value.

Mike

Wow, there's some really cheap tickets tonight... I wish I lived closer to the city

You have to think it being a Tuesday is playing a role, but it really seems like people are waiting until the finals (assuming that we get there). I'm a little afraid of how expensive those tickets will be

Edit: The really crazy part is that some of these tickets are way cheaper than they were for most regular season games. It's the ECF!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:36:37 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Wow, there's some really cheap tickets tonight... I wish I lived closer to the city

You have to think it being a Tuesday is playing a role, but it really seems like people are waiting until the finals (assuming that we get there). I'm a little afraid of how expensive those tickets will be

Edit: The really crazy part is that some of these tickets are way cheaper than they were for most regular season games. It's the ECF!

That. There are currently floor seats (baseline, with Putnam Club access) for under $300. It's nuts. I totally agree with you about the Tuesday thing, but you are absolutely correct that some of these tickets are less than midweek games during the regular season.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:09:00 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Wrong thread
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:36:08 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036

Mike

That. There are currently floor seats (baseline, with Putnam Club access) for under $300. It's nuts. I totally agree with you about the Tuesday thing, but you are absolutely correct that some of these tickets are less than midweek games during the regular season.

Mike

Wow if I knew I could get floor seats with club access for $300 a pop I would have drove up for the game from NYC.
CELTICS 2024