Author Topic: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) Game #2 12/25/20  (Read 37439 times)

Re: Nets (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) Game #2 12/25/20
« Reply #465 on: December 25, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The problem with this team is not that Kemba is out. The problem is the team is not ready. The leaders are young. If you want to win now you go get players that are ready now. If not, we can all get excited about games like the Bucks game where the Cs beat better teams. Kemba is not the problem so he cannot be the solution.

« Reply #466 on: December 25, 2020, 08:06:45 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Tatum with 0 free throws thru 2 games is inexcusable
That's absolutely unbelievable

« Reply #467 on: December 25, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
The problem with this team is not that Kemba is out. The problem is the team is not ready. The leaders are young. If you want to win now you go get players that are ready now. If not, we can all get excited about games like the Bucks game where the Cs beat better teams. Kemba is not the problem so he cannot be the solution.

*sippin*

« Reply #468 on: December 25, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I believe the Jays are top 2 guys on a championship team. They just need a little bit more development. They are still young and have made good progress, but they both need to take one more small step in improving their passing and playmaking when defenses key in on them. For example, it took Pierce most of his career to learn that. These two are way ahead of him.

« Reply #469 on: December 25, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Best thing I can say about this one was Jaylen was very good once again and Semi has played well twice in a row.

Things fell apart in the 3rd - anyone notice the two missed layups by Green at times when the Celtics really needed to stop the bleeding?  He played to his talent level.

But the Nets have 2 stars, LaVert, who's very good, and a deep veteran bench.  Danny please take note. 

« Reply #470 on: December 25, 2020, 08:14:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I believe the Jays are top 2 guys on a championship team. They just need a little bit more development. They are still young and have made good progress, but they both need to take one more small step in improving their passing and playmaking when defenses key in on them. For example, it took Pierce most of his career to learn that. These two are way ahead of him.

Yeah, that thunder team that was totally stacked with talent, Westbrook, harden, Durant, etc... never won a championship. Young teams just don’t win it all. This team is a work in progress. No expected them to start the season as anything but a .500 team.

« Reply #471 on: December 25, 2020, 08:15:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Best thing I can say about this one was Jaylen was very good once again and Semi has played well twice in a row.

Things fell apart in the 3rd - anyone notice the two missed layups by Green at times when the Celtics really needed to stop the bleeding?  He played to his talent level.

But the Nets have 2 stars, LaVert, who's very good, and a deep veteran bench.  Danny please take note.

We need another big wing.

« Reply #472 on: December 25, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
We are missing Kemba walker. Last year we had 3 guys averaging 20 and one guy at 17.5

We can't expect Teague to give us 20 every night. Without Kemba we are going to struggle nights when tatum and brown and one of the bench guys aren't on

« Reply #473 on: December 25, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Tonight bruh.. the Celtics were...

Stronger..

The Nets was...

Faster

*sippin*

« Reply #474 on: December 25, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674

You think Ainge isn't aware of that formula?  We had that.  We had Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford, with Rozier, Smart, Morris, and Baynes on the bench.  That team had enough talent to compete for a championship, even against the Warriors in their prime. 

Instead, it blew up in our faces for various reasons.  I think people undersell the negative impact that implosion had on our current roster.  We aren't trotting out a bench of average projects by choice.  We're doing it because this is what is left in the wake of that collapse, and we don't have a lot of realistic ways to improve our roster right now.  The TPE is pretty much it, and the actual value of that thing is pretty hard to pin down. 

« Reply #475 on: December 25, 2020, 08:37:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

You think Ainge isn't aware of that formula?  We had that.  We had Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford, with Rozier, Smart, Morris, and Baynes on the bench.  That team had enough talent to compete for a championship, even against the Warriors in their prime. 

Instead, it blew up in our faces for various reasons.  I think people undersell the negative impact that implosion had on our current roster.  We aren't trotting out a bench of average projects by choice.  We're doing it because this is what is left in the wake of that collapse, and we don't have a lot of realistic ways to improve our roster right now.  The TPE is pretty much it, and the actual value of that thing is pretty hard to pin down.

I agree with this post. Ainge had this team set to compete for championship for years and years. That injury to Hayward was devastating. Without that injury the Cs were set,

« Reply #476 on: December 25, 2020, 08:38:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Not to say these are easy games, but the next five games are @IND, @IND, MEM, @DET, @DET.

I guess I'll take the split against MIL and BKN to start the season. Just keep building and ideally go 3-2 the next 5, or even 4-1. It's certainly doable.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #477 on: December 25, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
it must be amazing to have dannys job security.

the most funny part is when brooklyn wins a title before  us.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:47:17 PM by Uncle_Stingfinger »

« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2020, 08:50:11 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Too many overreactions. We beat the Bucs and then got steamrolled by the Nets.

Kemba will be back, Brown looks even better and tatum will heat up eventually

Danny needs to pick up someone with that trade exception. We are missing the scoring and playmaking of hayward and kemba

« Reply #479 on: December 25, 2020, 08:59:56 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Too many overreactions. We beat the Bucs and then got steamrolled by the Nets.

Kemba will be back, Brown looks even better and tatum will heat up eventually

Danny needs to pick up someone with that trade exception. We are missing the scoring and playmaking of hayward and kemba

I was just about to post that we miss Haywards floor spacing and scoring threat. Danny definitely needs to use that trade exception to fill the hole in our roster