Author Topic: If You Miss Hearing Good Hip-Hop....  (Read 3673 times)

If You Miss Hearing Good Hip-Hop....
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »

Offline CountChockula

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
....then check out this podcast...http://nittygrittyradio.podbean.com/

Its called Nitty Gritty Radio and on it you can hear Old School tracks from Hip-Hop's Golden Era('87-'94) and you can hear more recent tracks from UnderGround/Independent artist that don't get any love on mainstream radio.

Last time I told heads on CelticsBlog about this they really loved it, hope you do too.

Peace!

(also to try to stay on some kind of Celtics topic I have a link below a MC Esoteric track called Boston Garden Rap, dope track with an AWESOME Johnny Most sample!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7c9K39lLs

Re: If You Miss Hearing Good Hip-Hop....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Nice, TP for the link and video.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 03:05:05 PM »

Offline SalmonAndMashedPotatoes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yep, that's a great podcast--I can vouch for it, as I listen to it most every week.

For anyone interested, WERS (Emerson's college radio station) also plays a real good selection of new and old-school hip hop from 10 p.m. to midnight on weekdays too (www.wers.org)
Folly. Persist.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
That's sick! Eso's the ill rapper. And the only good one from boston....besides marky mark of course :)
One Love

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »

Offline BennyC

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Eso is definitely nice, and a big boston sports fan.  There was an old 7l and Eso t-shirt that had reggie lewis on it and read "reggie lewis is watching".  Unfortunately it has been sold out forever.

As for him being the only good rapper in Boston, there are definitely more. . .

check out Reks, Termanology, Project Move, and Megaphone (Moe Pope and Headnodic)

Im definitely someone who misses hearing good hip hop and has an ipod loaded with 90's tracks but recently has been impressed with a couple good non-local albums:

Blueprint 3
Only Built 4 Cuban Links 2
Kid Cudi's new album
the new Slaughterhouse album

All good stuff, Slaughterhouse and Cuban links 2 are like taking a time machine back to the golden era.  Blueprint 3 and Cudi are just good music, well produced, different than the norm for crap hip hop thats been on the radio for the past 5-10 years+.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Eso is definitely nice, and a big boston sports fan.  There was an old 7l and Eso t-shirt that had reggie lewis on it and read "reggie lewis is watching".  Unfortunately it has been sold out forever.

check out Reks, Termanology, Project Move, and Megaphone (Moe Pope and Headnodic)

Im definitely someone who misses hearing good hip hop and has an ipod loaded with 90's tracks but recently has been impressed with a couple good non-local albums:

Blueprint 3
Kid Cudi's new album

All good stuff, Slaughterhouse and Cuban links 2 are like taking a time machine back to the golden era.  Blueprint 3 and Cudi are just good music, well produced, different than the norm for crap hip hop thats been on the radio for the past 5-10 years+.

yea dude, oh green monsta's pretty good. yea i think music in general sucks now, but i like kid cudi and commons holdin it down
One Love

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Blueprint 3
Kid Cudi's new album

I'll give you your first TP for meantioning Reks. Grey Hairs was easily one of my personal favorite albums. Termanology is pretty good, too.

Also, Slaine has some nice beats on Citizen Caine. Don't know who produces his stuff, though.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »

Offline BennyC

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Thanks for the TP, forgot about Slaine. . .

He's on a new track I just heard with Raekwon, and U-God that is sick!  Its on Raekwon's "The Babygrande Recorcings" and called Coke. 

Grey Hairs was definitely one of the top ten albums of the year imho.  A lot of the stuff that Statik Selektah has been working on lately is quality music.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 05:51:57 PM »

Offline CountChockula

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12

Blueprint 3
Kid Cudi's new album

Just to give a heads up that the new Moe Pope album ('life after god') drops early 2010 and Boycott Blues 'irony' album  hit stores today!!!
You can peep Brickrecords.com for all those Beantown goodies!

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
That's sick! Eso's the ill rapper. And the only good one from boston....besides marky mark of course :)

guru is pretty darned good too

but MC Esoteric is my fave local artist, definitely; love 7l as well
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

Blueprint 3
Kid Cudi's new album

Reks and Term are dope haven't heard the others. Thought Cudi and Raekwon were sick, but B3 was overrated in my opinion. Royce was nice of Slaughterhouse's album but i didn't like Crooked,Joell, or Budden as much as I thought I would.