Author Topic: Celtics (62-16) at Bucks (47-31) Game #79 4/9/24  (Read 6727 times)

Re: Celtics (62-16) at Bucks (47-31) Game #79 4/9/24
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2024, 08:51:26 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
How did Tillman look against Giannis?

I didn’t see the game, and know that Giannis left with an injury, but he shot 7-11 before then.

I was hoping after acquiring Xavier Tillman that he would be this year’s X-factor guarding Giannis, like some of the previous wide bodies we’ve thrown at him the past 3-4 seasons.

Was he guarding Giannis or did someone else get that task? If he did, was he at least competent or disruptive, or was Giannis getting an easy path to the basket? A small sample size, I know, and the box score says he didn’t slow him down much, other than his shot count was lower than usual.

Even if he started off guarding Giannis it’s very easy to switch a defender off you to get a favorable matchup these days, so we would probably have to look at advanced stats to see who was actually defending him when he shot his 7-11

TP. Good point.

I was able to find this for you, @W8ting2McHale:

(click to enlarge)

TP back at you!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Celtics (62-16) at Bucks (47-31) Game #79 4/9/24
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2024, 10:50:36 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91

(click to enlarge)

TP back at you!

Thanks for sharing! It’s a really small sample size but it looks like he didn’t slow him down much. I guess it would be better to actually watch what happened to get the context of the situation Xavier was in when defending him? That will have to wait until we meet up in the playoffs. Or not, depending on how things go.