Author Topic: The Zion Williamson Thread  (Read 25196 times)

The Zion Williamson Thread
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/xyVQYl75L1g

0:43 his chin is at the rim

measured at 6'7'' and 285 lbs. he measured at 6'5 1/2'' at USA camp earlier this year. So add 1.5'' for shoes is about right. He just supposedly broke Duke's all-time vert record.

Re: Zion Williamson breaks Duke all-time vertical
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:21:58 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
https://youtu.be/xyVQYl75L1g

0:43 his chin is at the rim

measured at 6'7'' and 285 lbs. he measured at 6'5 1/2'' at USA camp earlier this year. So add 1.5'' for shoes is about right. He just supposedly broke Duke's all-time vert record.

wow...dude's head seems to be way above the rim.  impressive.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 03:52:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yikes, that is some ridiculous bounce. If he can keep fit and keep chipping away at his jumper he could be awesome fun
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:08:14 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Zion has had a tremendous amount of hype the past two years. I suspect he will be a lottery pick. However, I do not see his game translating well at the NBA level.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 07:49:30 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Zion has had a tremendous amount of hype the past two years. I suspect he will be a lottery pick. However, I do not see his game translating well at the NBA level.
Echoing this. TP.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 10:12:26 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Echoing this. TP.

Same here. He needs to work on 3 things immediately:

Ball handling
Shooting, (since he's left handed, maybe he could get the advantage in throwing off defenders?)
Passing

His passing is actually not that bad, he's smart at kicking out the ball when double teamed, but he seems to only look in one clear direction. Must improve all 3 to even be considered NBA material, since his defense is very lackluster, and relies on chase down/weak side blocks, which is usually indicative of poor defensive awareness.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:17:32 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16:41 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The best part is we actually have a legimate shot at getting him or another elite prospect... unreal.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 10:25:07 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
The best part is we actually have a legimate shot at getting him or another elite prospect... unreal.

Zion is like the last person I would want, but agreed, Ainge has done an incredible job.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Shooting, (since he's left handed, maybe he could get the advantage in throwing off defenders?)
Passing

His passing is actually not that bad, he's smart at kicking out the ball when double teamed, but he seems to only look in one clear direction. Must improve all 3 to even be considered NBA material, since his defense is very lackluster, and relies on chase down/weak side blocks, which is usually indicative of poor defensive awareness.

I'm actually not a big believer in Zion. But that athleticism can't be just written off.

I think he's going to have trouble shining next to Barrett and Reddish however, both whom I feel are superior prospects. He should have gone some place where he could be the lone star.

I think Little at UNC is also going to be a superior prospect and very much a Danny type of guy he likes to draft..

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
been hearing hype about this kid since the Laker pick didn't convey this year. 

is it just me or is anyone else thinking Kedrick Brown 2.0 with perhaps better hops at this point?

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
been hearing hype about this kid since the Laker pick didn't convey this year. 

is it just me or is anyone else thinking Kedrick Brown 2.0 with perhaps better hops at this point?

I don't know if he's that bad lol but he's strong and athletic as all get out. Questions abound about his shooting and what not however..

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »

Online gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
In his current form Zion has a lot of holes. But he's still young and the potential is still there.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 11:21:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Need to see him play.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 11:24:22 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
He could've dunked his whole head from that angle. I've seen other videos of him so I wasn't surprised. He got his whole head near the rim in real games but THAT is incredible, especially at his size. When I see stuff like that it reminds of the athleticism of Len Bias when he went about that high to block a shot.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Passing

I'm actually not a big believer in Zion. But that athleticism can't be just written off.

I think he's going to have trouble shining next to Barrett and Reddish however, both whom I feel are superior prospects. He should have gone some place where he could be the lone star.

I think Little at UNC is also going to be a superior prospect and very much a Danny type of guy he likes to draft..

Yep same here. I already am boarding the hype train for Nasir Little if anyone knows how much I have raved about him in the 2019 NBA draft.

Zion has great vertical, but how much of his game translates other than put back dunks/transition opportunities?