Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199870 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1710 on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Portland riding on that 11-game winning streak. They are red hot right now.

Yeah, the Blazers are rolling right now.

And so are the Jazz, who have won 8 consecutive games themselves, and are 21-4 in their last 25 games.

Turns out that Turner contract wasn't as awful as it seemed. He has been super solid for them.

Solid, but nothing special. 8 / 3 / 2 on mediocre efficiency.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1711 on: March 16, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs really are not a good basketball team. They have no chemistry and seem to hate the coaching. Lebron is doing what he wants to do and not playing within their system.

« Reply #1712 on: March 16, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Portland riding on that 11-game winning streak. They are red hot right now.

Yeah, the Blazers are rolling right now.

And so are the Jazz, who have won 8 consecutive games themselves, and are 21-4 in their last 25 games.

Turns out that Turner contract wasn't as awful as it seemed. He has been super solid for them.

Solid, but nothing special. 8 / 3 / 2 on mediocre efficiency.
Yeah, those numbers are $4-5 million a year solid. For $18 million a year, those numbers suck.

« Reply #1713 on: March 16, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Philly might just make it to the number three seed. In fact, I’m calling it right now that they do.

Of their remaining 17 games, only 3 (!) are against current playoff teams, all three are played in Philly, and they’re not even against the elite teams of each conference (vs MIN without Butler, vs the struggling CAVS, and vs Milwaukee the last game of the season, meaning probably resting players). What’s more, 10 of the 17 remaining games are in Philly, and 10 of them are against bottom-10 teams.

That’s amazing how easy that schedule is down the stretch.

« Reply #1714 on: March 16, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Philly might just make it to the number three seed. In fact, I’m calling it right now that they do.

Of their remaining 17 games, only 3 (!) are against current playoff teams, all three are played in Philly, and they’re not even against the elite teams of each conference (vs MIN without Butler, vs the struggling CAVS, and vs Milwaukee the last game of the season, meaning probably resting players). What’s more, 10 of the 17 remaining games are in Philly, and 10 of them are against bottom-10 teams.

That’s amazing how easy that schedule is down the stretch.

Yea I think they have a solid chance for sure. I think that actually says more about how uneven the east is (and how badly teams have been ravaged by injuries) than necessarily how great they are. They have the ability to beat the good teams on some nights, but the last couple of times they have played even mid-tier playoff teams they have lost (1-5 in last 6 games against +.500 teams). Healthy Washington and Cleveland should definitely be above them, and the Bucks have underachieved all season. That being said I really am not scared of them (provided we have Horford, Brown, Smart, Irving, Tatum healthy) in the playoffs this year because of their turnovers problems. That will absolutely crush them in playoff games. Next year I would definitely be scared of them, although I am not sure Brett Brown is the coach to get them to the next level.

« Reply #1715 on: March 16, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If the Cs weren't hurt, there isn't a team I would worry about in the East. Only Toronto and Cleveland could be the Cs but I wouldn't worry about matchups and would like our chances of going to the Finals.

Hurt as much as we are, just hold onto the 2nd seed and hope and pray we aren't too busted up that we don't make it out of the 1st round.

« Reply #1716 on: March 16, 2018, 02:51:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If the Cs weren't hurt, there isn't a team I would worry about in the East. Only Toronto and Cleveland could be the Cs but I wouldn't worry about matchups and would like our chances of going to the Finals.

Hurt as much as we are, just hold onto the 2nd seed and hope and pray we aren't too busted up that we don't make it out of the 1st round.

I think Toronto is legit this year... would love to see us play them full strength. Cleveland isn't in the same tier as those two teams right now.

« Reply #1717 on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
NBA officiating is such a joke. Derozan just threw his body into Powell off of a jump shot pumpfake, yet Powell got the foul without even leaving his feet. Pure “reputation” and “star” call that the ref didn’t even see but just assumed because it was Derozan.

Of course it was Lauren Holtkamp, too  ::)

« Reply #1718 on: March 16, 2018, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Durant with fractured ribs after getting an MRI. He's going to be out at least a few more weeks.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/974824763054088192

« Reply #1719 on: March 17, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Cleveland has a conundrum. They can either beat Chicago to help their chase for the third seed, or they can let Chicago win to help that Nets pick since Brooklyn is about to beat Dallas.

« Reply #1720 on: March 17, 2018, 09:47:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Cleveland has a conundrum. They can either beat Chicago to help their chase for the third seed, or they can let Chicago win to help that Nets pick since Brooklyn is about to beat Dallas.

Considering Lebron doesn't care about the pick, there's no conundrum.

« Reply #1721 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Dang, Spurs playing their best against the Warriors all year this season. 20-9 run this 1st quarter.

EDIT: Warriors without 3 of their Big 4. Figures lol. But they still got the dirty cheapshot artists Zaza Pachulia and Draymond Green out on the floor.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1722 on: March 19, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dang, Spurs playing their best against the Warriors all year this season. 20-9 run this 1st quarter.

EDIT: Warriors without 3 of their Big 4. Figures lol. But they still got the dirty cheapshot artists Zaza Pachulia and Draymond Green out on the floor.

I would actually love to see San Antonio stay as a 7-8 seed and get back Kawhi in time for a series against the Warriors.

THAT... would make it a VERY intriguing playoffs and 1st round IMHO. (So long as Zaza doesn't get in the way again)  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1723 on: March 19, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I would actually love to see San Antonio stay as a 7-8 seed and get back Kawhi in time for a series against the Warriors.

THAT... would make it a VERY intriguing playoffs and 1st round IMHO. (So long as Zaza doesn't get in the way again)  :laugh:
Hasn't Kawhi basically ended his season with SA?

« Reply #1724 on: March 19, 2018, 10:39:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Hasn't Kawhi basically ended his season with SA?

Don't think anything's official, but yeah it's a little strange what's going on over there.

Kawhi to me seems like someone who would want to be out there to help his team even if he's not 100%, which makes the whole thing seem bizarre IMO.

Either the injury is A LOT worse than the Spurs are letting on, or there's tension.

I'm still assuming he comes back, but it probably has to be sometime in the next few weeks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller