Author Topic: Time to get Delonte West  (Read 8097 times)

Re: Time to get Delonte West
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm not a fan of bringing in West, but if the Celtics were considering it, I would suggest that he be asked to sign a ten-day contract first so he can be evaluated and if he in any way hesitates or refuses, then take at as a sign that he will be disruptive instead of buying into the team concept and move on and don't waste any more time on him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm not a fan of bringing in West, but if the Celtics were considering it, I would suggest that he be asked to sign a ten-day contract first so he can be evaluated and if he in any way hesitates or refuses, then take at as a sign that he will be disruptive instead of buying into the team concept and move on and don't waste any more time on him.
Yup. That's going to fly very well with someone who refused to play for the Dallas minor league affiliate after learning that he won't be resigned.

All in all, do you not wonder why we didn't bring him back when we could? Or why he was suspended twice and ultimately cut for "conduct detrimental to the team"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Delonte wouldn't cost anything and he can probably run the offense a little more effectively than Bradley at this point.  i.e. against decent defense you stand a better of chance of PP and KG getting the ball in their spots with Delonte vs anyone else including Dooling.

Anyone else you're bringing in off the street with no idea whether he can mesh with what's already here. 

And mid season guard acquisitions have rarely worked here in the KG in era.

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Yeah, we can't really avoid this anymore. There are simply no other quality guards out there, and we need another guard real bad.

Also another big, but that's been the case all season.

Soldier on, C's.

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Yup. That's going to fly very well with someone who refused to play for the Dallas minor league affiliate after learning that he won't be resigned.

All in all, do you not wonder why we didn't bring him back when we could? Or why he was suspended twice and ultimately cut for "conduct detrimental to the team"?

I proposed that idea in the hopes that Delonte West would say no and the team would move on to someone else.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
other than fighting Von wafer I cant think of any trouble that Delonte caused on the C's that year

before Dallas let him go he was averagine

9.6PPG and 3.2APG on 46% shooting...thats pretty solid numbers if you can handle him for the rest of the season

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Celtics are not interested in west

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

They better be interested in west.

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Expected, and probably for the best.

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

They better be interested in west.

The Celtics are not considering signing free agent PG Delonte West.
The Celtics are looking for a stopgap point guard option like Shelvin Mack to replace Leandro Barbosa (knee) and Rajon Rondo (knee), but they don't want to deal with West. He's been out of the league since last season and recently declined an invite to rehab his game/image in the D-League

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 05:56:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Celtics knows West more than any of us. So if they dont want him, then they know he isnt worth the trouble.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin