Author Topic: Celtics (10-6) at Spurs (9-8) Game #17 1/27/21  (Read 28302 times)

Re: Celtics (10-6) at Spurs (9-8) Game #17 1/27/21
« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2021, 12:31:37 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Also it's pretty obvious TT and Teague suck ass. We had a bad offseason, team is doing OK because of how much Tatum and Brown got better. We needed a starting center to battle with other teams bigs and didn't get one. Bench didn't get any better either other than PP, who is a rookie. The way it looks right now I really doubt we can make it to the ECF again.

« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm sorry, but Kemba-Tatum-Brown is simply not our best option. Three alpha scorers out there fumbling all over each other. It's too bad Brad can't stand up to his own players and put the best rotations out on the floor. I want to see Payton playing with Tatum / Brown . . . plays better defense than Kemba, distributes better than Kemba, but can score if Brown and Tatum are being blanketed. Great at penetrating and then kicking it out to open shooters. Have Kemba come in as a microwave scorer in the second unit. It would never, ever happen, unfortunately. In 2 years when Kemba leaves and PP is handed the first unit reins, watch out.

Teague and Tristin need to sit. At this point Tremont might be slightly better than Teague (and that's not a compliment). And Tristin is a massive waste of space out there almost all the time. Still flabbergasted much of this board thinks Rob Williams is clearly inferior to Tristan . . . Rob alters shots, blocks shots, get rebounds, and can actually shoot the ball, if needed.
Derozan's shot on TT's face with 30 seconds left would have never happened on Rob. He was scared to pull up when Rob was switched on to him the whole game, as was everyone else. Everyone knows Rob has the hops to send it back.

« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2021, 02:20:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This looks like a logjam when we had Hayward or four-scorers with one ball, but this time Kemba is the odd-man out, right?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2021, 02:40:29 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I'm sorry, but Kemba-Tatum-Brown is simply not our best option. Three alpha scorers out there fumbling all over each other. It's too bad Brad can't stand up to his own players and put the best rotations out on the floor. I want to see Payton playing with Tatum / Brown . . . plays better defense than Kemba, distributes better than Kemba, but can score if Brown and Tatum are being blanketed. Great at penetrating and then kicking it out to open shooters. Have Kemba come in as a microwave scorer in the second unit. It would never, ever happen, unfortunately. In 2 years when Kemba leaves and PP is handed the first unit reins, watch out.

My thoughts exactly. I have been screaming on here for 5 years that this team needs a playmaking point guard, not a score first guy like Irving, Walker and even Thomas. I love the idea of Walker as the 6th man, a role the Celtics made famous by putting a starter-caliber player in to bring a scoring punch as the opponent is just starting to give their starters a break - John Havlicek, Paul Silas, Kevin McHale, Bill Walton and James Posey all provided an extra advantage to championship teams. Add a couple of shooters and trade what we have for an all-star level center and we are very serious contenders. Plus, we get the bonus of extending Kemba's career by playing him less minutes.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2021, 03:08:22 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Brad waited way too long to bring Theis back...like in the last minute...TT sucks and is fat and out of shape.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2021, 03:25:31 AM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 223

My thoughts exactly. I have been screaming on here for 5 years that this team needs a playmaking point guard, not a score first guy like Irving, Walker and even Thomas. I love the idea of Walker as the 6th man, a role the Celtics made famous by putting a starter-caliber player in to bring a scoring punch as the opponent is just starting to give their starters a break - John Havlicek, Paul Silas, Kevin McHale, Bill Walton and James Posey all provided an extra advantage to championship teams. Add a couple of shooters and trade what we have for an all-star level center and we are very serious contenders. Plus, we get the bonus of extending Kemba's career by playing him less minutes.

Agree. Playmaking point guards + better center.

« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2021, 05:29:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Should got Turner-McDermott for Hayward..but Ainge wouldn稚 do it..team would be a lot better
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 06:18:44 AM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2021, 07:53:36 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
You can't be an all-star point guard bringing the ball up the floor down two with 20 seconds left and get stripped clean at half court for a dunk. It wasn't a trap or a double. He didn't trip or slip. Murray just took it from him. He played 27 minutes and had two assists.

Walker and Smart do not work as a tandem.

« Reply #353 on: January 28, 2021, 08:09:17 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
We know TT is out of shape but what is wrong with Teague? It looks like he has no idea where to be or what to do. I was high on that signing but he's gotten progressively useless as the season goes on.
ok fine

« Reply #354 on: January 28, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
How many more years of this roller coaster with ainge creating bad rosters and Stevens having no clue how to manage before wyc says enough?  Gonna be a long year ::)

« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How many more years of this roller coaster with ainge creating bad rosters and Stevens having no clue how to manage before wyc says enough?  Gonna be a long year ::)

2 more seasons. It will be totally Tatum/Brown team... unless a trade comes earlier

Celts wont be able to overpay/afford to keep everyone. 

« Reply #356 on: January 28, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
We know TT is out of shape but what is wrong with Teague? It looks like he has no idea where to be or what to do. I was high on that signing but he's gotten progressively useless as the season goes on.
Teague cascades one good with 5 bad games . It痴 what he痴 been doing for the last 3 years. Nothing surprising. Tristan has been surprisingly bad too. I expected him to be average.

« Reply #357 on: January 28, 2021, 10:37:05 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

2 more seasons. It will be totally Tatum/Brown team... unless a trade comes earlier

Who do you think he should keep?
I知 in favor of smart and Theis. Everyone else I知 not sure. Timelord can go be a free electron on defense somewhere else. Kemba maybe back for the vet min in 3 years. My hope is on romeo that he will earn a $15M a year contract and same with Nesmith and Pritchard ( though I知 not as high on him but can see him earning a delavedova type deal $10M a yr)

« Reply #358 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I知 in favor of smart and Theis. Everyone else I知 not sure. Timelord can go be a free electron on defense somewhere else. Kemba maybe back for the vet min in 3 years. My hope is on romeo that he will earn a $15M a year contract and same with Nesmith and Pritchard ( though I知 not as high on him but can see him earning a delavedova type deal $10M a yr)

I will have to disagree

Timelord has to be extended.  Yes he is not perfect but he has elite athleticism for a big and still growing as a player

I'm indifferent of keeping Smart and Theis. But reality is that both probably can't be brought back

Langford, Nesmith, Pritchard will also have bigger roles/shoulder more responsibility.   Yam Madar will also come into play.  Looks like an impressive prospect

So in 2 years the lineup I see Brad working with is

Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Langford/Nesmith
Pritchard

? /Tacko
Grant Williams/Semi (I would resign for cheap)
Langford/Nesmith
Green (resign for cheap)
Madar 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:02:03 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #359 on: January 28, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

I will have to disagree

Timelord has to be extended.  Yes he is not perfect but he has elite athleticism for a big and still growing as a player

I'm indifferent of keeping Smart and Theis. But reality is that both probably can't be brought back

Langford, Nesmith, Pritchard will also have bigger roles/shoulder more responsibility.   Yam Madar will also come into play.  Looks like an impressive prospect

So in 2 years the lineup I see Brad working with is

Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Langford/Nesmith
Pritchard

? /Tacko
Grant Williams/Semi (I would resign for cheap)
Langford/Nesmith
Green (resign for cheap)
Madar
We be a lottery team with that team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin