Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53245 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Comical. Everyone in the East improves by a huge margin but Boston....who is pretty much just waiting on
AD.

Really a very frustrating thing to see....an no I do not think they can win the east as constructed. Bench is a liability.

I'm panicking.

Before the season I thought we were the favorites to win the East.
Then it showed what Budenholzer and Leonard could do with their respective teams and I saw Bucks, Raptors and Celtics as equals.
Now with Bucks getting Mirotic, Gasol to the Raptors and Harris to Philly, I see us as 4th best in the East.

I guess the question is, are any of those teams capable of beating Golden State? I really doubt it. Are the Celtics capable if they add AD? Yes.

If you add AD and lose Tatum, Smart and Horford...no they are not capable of beating GS. Esp. when we have no idea if Hayward is ever going to look like a functional player again.

« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2019, 02:06:12 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Clippers loading up on youth....could a davis deal be looming?

I see the Clips as real players for AD and Leonard.

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
EAST PLAYOFF IS GOING TO BE WILD!

« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
The question is whether the Cs are actually competing for a championship this year or merely biding time for the summer. If they are biding time they must be confident that Kyrie is resigning. 

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2019, 02:07:43 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Comical. Everyone in the East improves by a huge margin but Boston....who is pretty much just waiting on
AD.

Really a very frustrating thing to see....an no I do not think they can win the east as constructed. Bench is a liability.

I'm panicking.

Before the season I thought we were the favorites to win the East.
Then it showed what Budenholzer and Leonard could do with their respective teams and I saw Bucks, Raptors and Celtics as equals.
Now with Bucks getting Mirotic, Gasol to the Raptors and Harris to Philly, I see us as 4th best in the East.

I guess the question is, are any of those teams capable of beating Golden State? I really doubt it. Are the Celtics capable if they add AD? Yes.

I think the Bucks have a chance. Probably like 30% or so.

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
EAST PLAYOFF IS GOING TO BE WILD!

Meh..Boston is the weakest of the big 4 in the east. Unless Rozier and Hayward improve drastically by then, Boston does not get out of round 2.

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Well, hopefully Kyrie understands that we pretty much have to sit still at this deadline in order to get AD this summer, as I'm sure it could be frustrating to see our three main rivals in the East all make significant trades that (at least theoretically) make them better right now.

That said, I'm not sure how much this Gasol trade helps, as this just pushes Ibaka back to PF where he has not been great, which is not a good thing for Toronto given how much he's been a part of their success this year.

Also, Gasol looks close to toast this year, so it's not nearly as big of a move as people are making it out to be.

He's averaging 15.7 pts, 8.6 boards, and 4.7 assists. He's not as great as he used to be, but toast is a bit of an exaggeration.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Well, hopefully Kyrie understands that we pretty much have to sit still at this deadline in order to get AD this summer, as I'm sure it could be frustrating to see our three main rivals in the East all make significant trades that (at least theoretically) make them better right now.

That said, I'm not sure how much this Gasol trade helps, as this just pushes Ibaka back to PF where he has not been great, which is not a good thing for Toronto given how much he's been a part of their success this year.

I mean, even if this is just exchanging JV's 20 bench minutes for 20 minutes of Gasol off the bench, that's an upgrade.

Yeah, I think that is the best way for Toronto to use Gasol.

Keep Ibaka in the starting lineup at center. He has been huge for them in upgrading their quickness & switch-ability defensively. Ibaka has also flourished offensively in the role. Keep him there.

Marc Gasol can make their offense more dynamic when he plays instead of Ibaka (non passer). Get Toronto away from that iso-ball they fall victim to. Gasol is their first big man that is a plus passer in years (Bosh?). They finally have a big guy that can make good decisions on the ball. That is exciting (for them).

Gasol gives Toronto a 6th man of the year candidate.

Sorta like Bill Walton on those 1986 Celtics. Someone that can make a big contribution in short minutes.

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2019, 02:09:14 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Clippers loading up on youth....could a davis deal be looming?

I see the Clips as real players for AD and Leonard.

Rather see Davis going to the Clippers than to the Knicks or the Lakers.

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
SMH I leave for 2 hours and all this happens. Ugh East is going to be a bloodbath this year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2019, 02:10:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I still don't think there's a team in the league with the talent to beat Golden State as long as Curry and Durant are healthy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2019, 02:10:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Grizzlies trade Green and Temple to Clips for Bradley

Hmm, I wonder if AB gets bought out? He’d be a great addition off the bench!

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2019, 02:11:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston putting everything (including the success of this season) into the future basket of AD. I just don't like that. Too many variables.

Rock bottom is going to be if they lose Kyrie and AD is traded elsewhere. Then we are right back where we were a few years ago...collecting young players for the next big deal.

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 1m1 minute ago

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

235 replies 987 retweets 1,641 likes
Reply 235   Retweet 987   Like 1.6K
Basically shedding salary for Toronto. That’s a decent amount of depth for this year to give up.

that will hurt Toronto a little imo.

Depth is lost, and Ibaka is not gonna be happy. He sucks as a PF and no way he is gonna like coming off the bench. So there is that.

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Grizzlies trade Green and Temple to Clips for Bradley

Hmm, I wonder if AB gets bought out? He’d be a great addition off the bench!

Does he come on bubble wrap? Because you know he is already going to miss games because of hamstring issues.