Author Topic: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!  (Read 69539 times)

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Edwards is a 5'11" shooting guard. Pritchard is a 6'2" point guard with better shooting numbers. Pritchard is just a better prospect.

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't agree with you.  Young had some of the exact same concerns as Pritchard coming into the NBA.  He was more of a volume shooter coming out of college.  They have the exact same physical dimensions.  Pritchard has incredible handles and the same deep range.  Please understand I said ceiling not floor.  The NBA is always a crapshoot, even though I am incredibly high on him.
If Pritchards ceiling is Trae Young then every single player selected in the top 45 last night has an all nba ceiling too
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2020, 12:48:08 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Interesting point. Payton Pritchard said that the Cs did not have much contact with him before the draft and that he was surprised they picked him. Maybe he's a C, or maybe they picked him for another team and they will be trading his rights in the coming days.
Great point. Kevin O'Connor said there was a team who promised him they'd take him late in the first round. So it's possible.

Knicks were rumored to have interest, maybe in the 1st...and yesterday they traded 23 for 25 and 33. Maybe they wanted PP at 33, because after we took him, they ended up trading the 33rd pick.

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2020, 02:36:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I watched this kid play in a college game last season, and must say he has magnetism and swagger. Kind of reminds me of Tyler Herro.  Lacks Herro's size although they have the same wingspan. 

I'm warming up to the pick. When the mock drafts have him going 2nd round, that throws us off.  Kind of the way when Danny drafted Terry Rozier earlier than his projected take.

Could see this kid get back up PG minutes.

Not sure what this means for Tre Waters.   Could see us trading him for a 2nd round pick, which we could package to dump Poirier, if he hasn't been dumped already (what's deal on that??).

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I watched this kid play in a college game last season, and must say he has magnetism and swagger. Kind of reminds me of Tyler Herro.  Lacks Herro's size although they have the same wingspan. 

I'm warming up to the pick. When the mock drafts have him going 2nd round, that throws us off.  Kind of the way when Danny drafted Terry Rozier earlier than his projected take.

Not sure what this means for Tre Waters.   Could see us trading him for a 2nd round pick, which we could package to dump Poirier, if he hasn't been dumped already (what's deal on that??).

2nd round projection. But Raptors took Flynn with two picks later.  Who knows if they had their eye on Pritchard. Who is a bigger/stronger player than Flynn

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2020, 03:03:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

2nd round projection. But Raptors took Flynn with two picks later.  Who knows if they had their eye on Pritchard. Who is a bigger/stronger player than Flynn

I liked Flynn too but I think Pritchard was the better pick. Pritchard is more skilled stronger and has a harder edge.

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2020, 03:09:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
In trying to catch up on some of the highlights of Pritchard, I can definitely see the FVV comparisons. He has that same attitude and toughness, too, which is impressive for a guy his size. As for his actual size, I think he just makes it into the range of acceptable rather than detriment.

I see him as clearly a replacement for Edwards and maybe even Wanamaker and Waters. Edwards got hot in the NCAA tourney last season, while Pritchard held his production all season and he seems to be mostly better at everything, too. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out and what kind of minutes he'll get. His one detriment is his age, but at least we should see what we have right away.

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2020, 03:55:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I liked Flynn too but I think Pritchard was the better pick. Pritchard is more skilled stronger and has a harder edge.

I agree

Especially during crunch time.  Pritchard is clutch

Flynn is very good too. But smaller and not as strong.   End of the day, these things matter

Flynn vs Pritchard .... lets find out. Its going to happen

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2020, 04:15:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I agree

Especially during crunch time.  Pritchard is clutch

Flynn is very good too. But smaller and not as strong.   End of the day, these things matter

Flynn vs Pritchard .... lets find out. Its going to happen

I’m pretty sure that Toronto would’ve scooped up PP if we didn’t grab him at 26. The Flynn/Pritchard will be a thing.

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2020, 07:51:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The fact that Bill Simmons scoffed at this pick gives me a whole lot more confidence in it.

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2020, 08:51:49 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Let me further expand on the pick reminding me of the Langford pick. Some got the wrong idea of it being a player comp.

Herro went right before Langford and that was who DA reportedly wanted.

Quickley went just before Pitchard I believe Quickley was who DA wanted at 26.

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Let me further expand on the pick reminding me of the Langford pick. Some got the wrong idea of it being a player comp.

I doubt it, given Quickley was a mid-2nd round talent.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I like that Pritchard’s averages are his per 36 averages. Makes it simple. He goes so hard in those 36 minutes a game.

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

I doubt it, given Quickley was a mid-2nd round talent.
Yeah, I doubt that too. Quickley was a huge reach by New York, so I don't think that was the player Danny Ainge wants. If anything, I think he was hoping someone like RJ Hampton would fall to 26.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Last February I watched Oregon play Arizona in a screamer.
Ducks won 73-72

I remember watching the Ducks guard just light them up..

38 points 6 rebounds 6 assists

He just ran and ran and ran for 45 minutes. I remember saying..."man that kid wants it."

Now the Celtics have him and that's pretty cool.