Author Topic: Bradley Beal on the block. Should Celts make an offer?  (Read 6650 times)

Re: Bradley Beal on the block. Should Celts make an offer?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
It's unrealistic, but cool that technically Smart (2019) + Rozier + Morris + Yabusele + Sac pick works. If Beal pulls a KyrieLeonardButlerGeorge, who knows...

Stars and scrubs for Banner #18...

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I just posted this idea in Jvalin's Porter/Morris twins reunite thread.

To Boston: Beal, Morris

To Wash: Hayward, Rozier

In a vacuum, I do that trade in less than a heartbeat.

In Beal you get the younger player (only 25, not 26 till June), deadlier scorer and the more confident player, which we need badly right now. He also rebounds ok for his position (4.7) and has about 4 assists per game.

Hayward is playing scared. Given his horrific injury, that's not being judgmental nor is it not understandable. Given the player Hayward is right now, heck even given that he gets back to 80-90% of his former self this year, you have to do that trade. Don't know if Wiz do it, but I'd do it.....in a vacuum.

We are not in a vacuum however. To trade Hayward right now, after we (Stevens, esp) wooed him to sign here, and he has a horrible injury, looks REAL REAL bad. To Stevens, to the other players on the team and to the NBA players who might choose/maneuver to play here.

Get the Morris twins tag-team back together here, get a potent scorer in Beal and the Wiz get a guard back in Rozier to start in place of Beal and a Hayward on the mend who might better fit their timetable and could be a healer for their damaged culture.

Again, doubt that Wiz do this, and even more doubtful that we do, given the Stevens/Hayward connection.

Too Bad.

Id love that trade, though.

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2018, 04:20:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

In Beal you get the younger player (only 25, not 26 till June), deadlier scorer and the more confident player, which we need badly right now. He also rebounds ok for his position (4.7) and has about 4 assists per game.

Hayward is playing scared. Given his horrific injury, that's not being judgmental nor is it not understandable. Given the player Hayward is right now, heck even given that he gets back to 80-90% of his former self this year, you have to do that trade. Don't know if Wiz do it, but I'd do it.....in a vacuum.

We are not in a vacuum however. To trade Hayward right now, after we (Stevens, esp) wooed him to sign here, and he has a horrible injury, looks REAL REAL bad. To Stevens, to the other players on the team and to the NBA players who might choose/maneuver to play here.

Get the Morris twins tag-team back together here, get a potent scorer in Beal and the Wiz get a guard back in Rozier to start in place of Beal and a Hayward on the mend who might better fit their timetable and could be a healer for their damaged culture.

Again, doubt that Wiz do this, and even more doubtful that we do, given the Stevens/Hayward connection.

Too Bad.

Or I posted it yesterday morning on page 1 of this thread  ;)

Hayward/Rozier for Beal/Morris. Include any non-Sac picks if required. The deal also works without Rozier and Morris, but I imagine Washington would like to clear the salary/attitude.

Hayward is clearly a stand-up guy, but if there is an opportunity to move him while still upgrading our roster, then I think we need to explore the opportunity.

And, I know, I know, no major FA will ever sign with us again if we trade Hayward. But, Ainge is old and our roster is young. If we put together a 6-8 year window of serious contention, then Ainge will retire and that stigma will be gone when we are searching for a new max FA.

With the current versions of Hayward and Horford taking up over $60M in salary, I don't see how we are going to seriously compete. We will need a LOT more from Hayward and for Horford to take a LOT less on his next contract.

But good to see I am not alone in this thinking!

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I'm not a big fan of trading Smart anyway, but per trade machine, Cs can't trade him until Jan 15. Is Beal still going to be around then?

Mike

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Too Bad.

Or I posted it yesterday morning on page 1 of this thread  ;)

Hayward/Rozier for Beal/Morris. Include any non-Sac picks if required. The deal also works without Rozier and Morris, but I imagine Washington would like to clear the salary/attitude.

Hayward is clearly a stand-up guy, but if there is an opportunity to move him while still upgrading our roster, then I think we need to explore the opportunity.

And, I know, I know, no major FA will ever sign with us again if we trade Hayward. But, Ainge is old and our roster is young. If we put together a 6-8 year window of serious contention, then Ainge will retire and that stigma will be gone when we are searching for a new max FA.

With the current versions of Hayward and Horford taking up over $60M in salary, I don't see how we are going to seriously compete. We will need a LOT more from Hayward and for Horford to take a LOT less on his next contract.

But good to see I am not alone in this thinking!

TP, jambr......great minds......

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Beal can shoot the 3. That would please Stevens.

Ainge needs to get to work on this if he hasn't already.

I doubt Hayward is tradable at this point. He isn't playing anywhere near his salary yet. It's possible he's been brought along too quickly. The tipoff is playing back to back games. Leonard is being brought along more slowly.

I keep going back to Hayward as the focal point of their problems. Perhaps the team didn't take well to his starting so soon, and has tuned out Stevens for it. Perhaps the chemistry got upset. I don't know, but Stevens is under increasing pressure to get the team winning again.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:38:27 PM by Bobshot »

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd hold off on dealing Hayward. Tonight he wasn't the problem and actually played well. Tatum struggled on defense and though Jaylen Brown shows flashes of brilliance, he still far from a consistent, reliable player on both ends.

It could be Brown and Tatum that are the problem and are just too inexperienced for being on a championship caliber team.

Also we need more size and are getting KILLED on the glass.

Though Danny should be aggressive, I think more games need to be played to figure out who needs to stay and who needs to go.

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7134116

Looks more appealing by the second ;D

Howard has a better chance of going to Mars than getting traded to Boston. Beal, however, is not out of the question for a package. Doubt Smart would be in it.

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2018, 10:49:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Howard has a better chance of going to Mars than getting traded to Boston. Beal, however, is not out of the question for a package. Doubt Smart would be in it.
I don't know how salaries could work without Smart unless we moved Hayward, and I think that would be a dumb thing to do.

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2018, 10:53:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:27 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

You kno what. You right on the other thread. Ship them outta here. Smart and Rozier were frustratingly bad tonight. Brown's third year and so far he's looked inconsistent. Gimme Beal and Howard.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2018, 11:44:32 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Get Beal now.