Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 147341 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One little problem you may have not considered. If you nominate these guys for people to say all these nice things about (well deserved) you also open it up to people arguing AGAINST them being in the HOF (often well deserved too). This then becomes a personal attack on their comments/intelligence/opinions. Since that is not allowed on here, then it really becomes a forum of nominating everyone with no one able to contradict their worthiness.

The nice thing about the TP's, is that you can give Kudo's to someone about one comment, while thinking another is absolutely wrong.

The CB Hall of Fame would in my opinion not be an interactive area where such things as people denigrating people would be allowed. The mods have enough work to do without having to patrol a Hall of Fame.

It would be a place to browse through CB history and find info on the greats of this site, whether that be threads, posts, articles, CSL interviews, mods, site contributors and managers, and authors, or posters whom I believe would have to be somewhat extraordinarily special to make the Hall.

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
One little problem you may have not considered. If you nominate these guys for people to say all these nice things about (well deserved) you also open it up to people arguing AGAINST them being in the HOF (often well deserved too). This then becomes a personal attack on their comments/intelligence/opinions. Since that is not allowed on here, then it really becomes a forum of nominating everyone with no one able to contradict their worthiness.

The nice thing about the TP's, is that you can give Kudo's to someone about one comment, while thinking another is absolutely wrong.

How about a "Ring of Honor" then that only Jeff can place people in. You could have a nice little area that you could see the information you are talking about. Then there is no issue...
The CB Hall of Fame would in my opinion not be an interactive area where such things as people denigrating people would be allowed. The mods have enough work to do without having to patrol a Hall of Fame.

It would be a place to browse through CB history and find info on the greats of this site, whether that be threads, posts, articles, CSL interviews, mods, site contributors and managers, and authors, or posters whom I believe would have to be somewhat extraordinarily special to make the Hall.

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Nick, I think this is a good idea, but I think it should be kept fun -- that is why we all come on here and make comments on a daily basis -- we love the Celtics, have fun talking about the Celtics, etc.  We take the Celtics seriously, but we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.

So, when you suggested the following:

There could be Threads of Fame, Posts of Fame, Subjects of Fame, and Articles of Fame.

It immediately came to mind that we could also have Threads of Shame or Subjects of Shame
(ie: any thread after NBA 2008 Finals Game 6 that has to do with bringing back Gerald Green or Antoine Walker).

Also, a quick note regarding the amount of time someone has been a member of Celticsblog -- it is not entirely accurate to look at when their current profile was registered because some of us have changed names (I used to go by rcs34red -- and I suspect others have undergone name changes as well).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
well sorry for all who will dare to be against me on good looking category  ;D

Two Categories but not necesary hall of famer worthy
Biggest Man crush on a Cs player ( there almost all are banned)
Biggest Man crush on a Cs Blog Mod ( There we still have a couple active)

;D ;D

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 06:09:10 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
i think it is a fun idea, but i honestly dont think we should have it.  we have tp's and stars with threads for each for posters to congratulate and recognize posters' contributions.  i think adding a hall of fame could potential create issues for people (not myself, as i think its a fun idea).  people may start to get egos, build resentment towards others, and worst of all....post with an agenda, rather than keeping it real.

We should have poster of the month, like employee of the month, so everyone gets a turn, that way no ones feelings get hurt

on an unrelated note, holy crap the ice cream man is outside, I've never heard him here before, that's awesome
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »

Offline Siggy

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
CROTOR is not a who...

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
i think it is a fun idea, but i honestly dont think we should have it.  we have tp's and stars with threads for each for posters to congratulate and recognize posters' contributions.  i think adding a hall of fame could potential create issues for people (not myself, as i think its a fun idea).  people may start to get egos, build resentment towards others, and worst of all....post with an agenda, rather than keeping it real.

We should have poster of the month, like employee of the month, so everyone gets a turn, that way no ones feelings get hurt

on an unrelated note, holy crap the ice cream man is outside, I've never heard him here before, that's awesome

Maybe we can have the NBA champions rotate every year so no one's feelings get hurt...

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sc6Uk-IJO8

Was what i thought about when i read the part about the icecream man! (being easily distracted)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 06:25:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
lol got a good laugh out of that one dybdal!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Poster most likely to take over the blog:  Edgar

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

As in taking over as Jeff retires, or hostile takeover?

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I get the feeling Edgar isn't that patient.   ;)

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

Something like that i suppose :P - ITS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!! CONFESS...
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

;D ;D

High54life wins that hands down for his gargantuan man-crush on Gerald.

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

;D ;D

High54life wins that hands down for his gargantuan man-crush on Gerald.

A certain Rondo "fan" would have something to say about that.